vERtEx GAllER¥ KTH : End of vertex

Started by KTH, August 04, 2010, 09:21:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

What do you want?

Chris Redfield
9 (10.2%)
Roronoa Zoro
6 (6.8%)
Ryu
13 (14.8%)
GIVE ME A CAKE >=O
11 (12.5%)
Energy Sword
6 (6.8%)
Dat Melee Stage
0 (0%)
Melee Stuff! Melee Stuff!
9 (10.2%)
VEGETAAAAAAAAAA
23 (26.1%)
Dr.Mario
9 (10.2%)
OK, if you have vote for this one vote for both last ones or it is whom you are the same given step has difficulty for reading my message :srs:
2 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 88

@Velen

Your post was really not necessary at all.  I'm all up for constructive criticism, but saying "the hack looks awful" is really not fair at all and just makes you sound like a [censored].  It's clear that KTH did put some time into making it, there are some really nice model edits there and it's his first proper Pit vertex too.  Whilst yes, of course it could be better, but at least have the decency to give credit where credit is due.

Anyways, onto the actual hack itself, it looks very nice KTH.  The model is pretty dang accurate and it replicates the ToS visual style very well.  At first when I saw the thumbnail I thought you had imported the model XD  However, I do still think it could use a little more detail in places such as the hair and there's a bit of stretching on the collar and clipping with the belt but otherwise it's very nice.

August 07, 2011, 11:03:32 AM #976 Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 11:06:33 AM by Velen
You're right. That was wrong of me. I lashed out for no reason at all.

-and honestly, considering how good of a day I'd had, I don't know why I lashed out, or why seeing the Lloyd model set me off. Maybe it's because I was comparing it to the appearance of the original model import in it's entirety or what not. I dunoo...

-Now I'll go back and look at it again, and give a fairer critique.

EDIT: Even better, I'll use it in game before I critique it.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Velen, calm yourself. Be more respectful to his hard work, will you? This obviously wasn't some random idea that took 2 seconds of pulling and twisting to do. Vertexing Pit successfully is no small feat.

Honestly, just calling something straight-up awful isn't the way to give feedback. If you have a point to make, do it in a more sophisticated, considerate and thoughtful manner while respecting the person receiving feedback. Don't outright demotivate and insult them or their work.

Back to Lloyd...Basically everything Silent said. I thought you had gotten the model from ToS2 and successfully make it work on Pit or something, but wow...He really just needs a little more detail and shading. Vertex wise, he's definitely right on the mark.

Absolutely outstanding. Great job, KTH.

Edit: Well, okay then. Late as usual, I am. - -


August 07, 2011, 11:25:57 AM #978 Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 05:50:43 PM by Velen
Okay, here is my critique after using the model in game.

Visually, and from afar, it looks great, but there are a lot of strange things going on with Pits attacks, which I assume have to do with disabled bones, but those can be fixed via PSA and animation fixes.

The model indeed looks almos tlike a complete model import from afar, but upon closer inspection, there are some problems, all caused by the fact that well...it's Pit.

The shoulders for one thing seem to have a hole in them or something, and the belts look very weird as they are up close while animated, but it's not something you really notice too much unless you pause the game and zoom in.

Earlier I bashed it on the textures lack of detail, but it's obvious to me this was done with a purpose: to hide those things.

Still, it's a fantastic job for a Lloyd on Pit, but I could see this using a V2 revamp somewhere down the line. Namely for his swords and fixing the vertex a bit in order to try to solve animation issues that can't be fixed with animations alone.

Good Job, KTH...and sorry for my horrid attitude last night.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

why there's only long texts in that page ? :srs:

I have to agree on the texture discussion, it needs a bit more detail. The vertex is great though.

And the color is too dull (for me). Personally, I didn't like the dull colors in DotNW. Do you mind if I make recolors some time in the near future KTH? (I don't mind the color, but I prefer the brighter red color.)
Quote from: br3compactorBy the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
*Fixed URL*
My PSA Thread

@ Velen: Horrid is putting it mildly >_>
[/ sarcastic imput on previous arguments]

I honestly think the texture itself is fine, but it does need to have a more "crisp" look to it, like a little bit of a mix between anime and cell shaded. Agreed on the hair texture too but not really needed for a V1 of it. Maybe if it got revamped in the future.

Also agreed on the brighter red, it seemed to really bring out Lloyd's character a little, he seemed a bit tamer in TOS2. Course he wasn't in the same emotional storm as he was in TOS (What with the whole "Luke skywalker" plot bunny and all =_=;) but still. Might've been cause of the change in VA too, but meh...

I just want you to let you know this...

But Lloyd got 126 downloads on the first day! Truly awesome!
Quote from: br3compactorBy the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
*Fixed URL*
My PSA Thread

lol so velen thinks im a sheep....
baaaa

ok well im not home so i cant test it in game yet... but i am very excited to use it. great work KTH!!

baaa

Quote from: GameWatching on August 07, 2011, 03:46:48 PM
why there's only long texts in that page ? :srs:

This made me LOL too much.


Sweet Jesus Megaman looks incredible! You should talk to EternalYoshi so he can make it compatible with his moveset!


Quote from: KTH on August 07, 2011, 11:53:28 PM
>.>

Megaman released.
Yes he is, and he looks great. XD
I must once again add it would be great to see this compatible with Yoshi's PSA.

its awful the texture isnt detailed enuf
[/sarcasm]

megaman looks great, too bad i have marth ported over ness :oshi: