Beyond? Oh, he moved out.

Started by Beyond, August 12, 2010, 03:31:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

New....

Day
Dawn
Swag
Forum
Boobies
New
August 29, 2011, 09:49:10 PM #6555 Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 09:51:22 PM by Jaklub
Quote from: Victory Badguy on August 29, 2011, 09:43:09 PM
Oh, don't get me wrong.  I'm not whining at all.  I'm simply questioning whether suggesting characters over Game & Watch is a fruitful endeavor, that's all.  If you believe it to be so, then go right ahead.  I am in no position to stop you from doing so.
That's ok. I don't do suggestions in threads out of blue, I just responded to Beyond's post in like few seconds after I saw it. Maybe I should have been more precise when I was writing that response, but meh. I probably should go back to silent waiting for vertexes.

Keep up the good work, Beyond.
As you may have noticed, I don't answer PMs with problems anymore.

Quote from: Victory Badguy on August 29, 2011, 09:43:09 PM
Oh, don't get me wrong.  I'm not whining at all.  I'm simply questioning whether suggesting characters over Game & Watch is a fruitful endeavor, that's all.  If you believe it to be so, then go right ahead.  I am in no position to stop you from doing so.
The thing is, we can't just have cool things like Metroid, Kyogre, Scott Pilgrim, and leave G&W for another Ike or Marth port. We have give some love to all characters. Even if it's one vertex, it's going to be a vertex that everyone would use because there is so little of them.

I'm pretty sure many people like Beyond and SDoom are craving for something for G&W.

And like what Jakub said, these are just ideas to put out there. If people want to make them, then they'll make it. If not, then it's too bad. Not everything will go the way you want. But that doesn't stop you from trying.
Quote from: br3compactorBy the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
*Fixed URL*
My PSA Thread

Quote from: Royal_Blade on August 29, 2011, 09:54:57 PM

I'm pretty sure many people like Beyond and SDoom are craving for something for G&W.


Indeed.  Shame G&W is the biggest b**** to work with in existence.  Animating him is pretty much impossible (preview him in Brawlbox and you'll see what I mean.  It's a disgusting site...) and he has nothing in the way of decent textures or vertex hacks for alternate characters.  And don't even get me started on all the weird model alterations he has.  He has one for EVERY attack.

I'd love to do something more for G&W, but he's just terrible to work with no matter what kind of hacker you are :(

Quote from: SiLeNtDo0m on August 29, 2011, 10:02:22 PM
Indeed.  Shame G&W is the biggest b**** to work with in existence.  Animating him is pretty much impossible (preview him in Brawlbox and you'll see what I mean.  It's a disgusting site...) and he has nothing in the way of decent textures or vertex hacks for alternate characters.  And don't even get me started on all the weird model alterations he has.  He has one for EVERY attack.

I'd love to do something more for G&W, but he's just terrible to work with no matter what kind of hacker you are :(
I have your Shadow over G&W :vyse:
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Beyond on August 29, 2011, 06:43:34 PM
Yea, I bake the textures. Mariokart64n explains how to do it in his tutorials unless you wanted me to make my own one.
Can someone please fill me in as to what this "texture baking" means? It sounds delicious

Quote from: Super Segtendo on August 29, 2011, 10:03:48 PM
I have your Shadow over G&W :vyse:

Not porting.  As in building a character FROM G&W.  Porting doesn't count at all :P  Shadow is built from Sonic.

Quote from: SiLeNtDo0m on August 29, 2011, 10:12:02 PM
Not porting.  As in building a character FROM G&W.  Porting doesn't count at all :P  Shadow is built from Sonic.
I know. Someone made a port of your Shadow over G&W, so I put Shadow over G&W because I don't like him :vyse:
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]



Deadpool is looking too [censored]n amazing to put in words. I can't believe it. I really can't man.


The way I see it, there is only one way to vertex g&w.   

G&W has two things you can texture,  the solid black color (outer polygon) and the inner emerald texture thing (inner polygon) 

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


you would have to vertex out ALL the inner polygons axcept for the one on the face. you would have to vertex out the outer polygon of the face as well. so you are left with 2 seperate things to texture now.  The body (solid color) and the face (whatever you want)

I think this would work well for 8bit characters, such as megaman. they would all have solid body colors, but at least it is different than g&w.

It would take a long time as well because g&w has like 150 polygons >.>

sorry if that is hard to understand, i'm a little bad at explaining things.   

Beyond, who can expect out first? :vyse:
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: TommoPuppy on August 29, 2011, 10:05:54 PM
Can someone please fill me in as to what this "texture baking" means? It sounds delicious

^ This lol
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Quote from: Super Segtendo on August 29, 2011, 11:27:15 PM
Beyond, who can expect out first? :vyse:


Gilgamesh will be out late tonight or early tomorrow. Deadpool should be out midday tomorrow.  ;)


Quote from: Ricky (br3) on August 29, 2011, 11:40:42 PM
^ This lol


Texture baking is basically when you project the texture off of when mesh onto another. So imagine like someone had a slideshow projector and aimed it at a wall and whatever the projector was showing got burned into the--- well actually that is a bad analogy. ._.

If you watch Mariokarts tutorial or just look it up you'll see what it is.

Quote from: Beyond on August 29, 2011, 11:46:30 PM
Texture baking is basically when you project the texture off of when mesh onto another. So imagine like someone had a slideshow projector and aimed it at a wall and whatever the projector was showing got burned into the--- well actually that is a bad analogy. ._.

If you watch Mariokarts tutorial or just look it up you'll see what it is.

I lol'd but yeah, I think I understand what you mean.
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]