Beyond? Oh, he moved out.

Started by Beyond, August 12, 2010, 03:31:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

New....

Day
Dawn
Swag
Forum
Boobies
New
Quote from: Beyond on September 22, 2011, 01:57:43 AM
lol

It's funny that back when I released v1, a bunch people were like it's perfect and now with v2 people are saying how much it's improved. I guess it wasn't so perfect after all. xD
So it's true. You make things beyond perfect. :af:

ooooooo that M is shiny =D  the shoes are also nicer.


I really did like how much white you used on v1, it stood out and was pretty cool.

but this one fits in with brawl more.

Quote from: Beyond on September 22, 2011, 01:57:43 AM
lol

It's funny that back when I released v1, a bunch people were like it's perfect and now with v2 people are saying how much it's improved. I guess it wasn't so perfect after all. xD
So true lol I think i was one of them, too....that was only cuz i appreciated you taking the time to do this stuff lol but now, I'm starting to give real feedback other than just "awesome" or "this is sweet" like I used do xD

Now with Kid Buu, this is a real improvement, my favorite part is the "M" on his belt, more detailed texture on his "wrist bands" and "ankle bands" i guess lol and the fact the texture in general looks more Brawl-ish

Hey Byond, are you considering doing any more X men characters? If so, would Storm be plausible over Ike? 8D In her white caped outfit from the 80's cartoon I mean.

Quote from: Beyond on September 22, 2011, 01:57:43 AM
lol

It's funny that back when I released v1, a bunch people were like it's perfect and now with v2 people are saying how much it's improved. I guess it wasn't so perfect after all. xD

Exactly what I was thinking, lol.

I was one of those people, and I can see how much it's improved.

September 22, 2011, 04:03:37 AM #7250 Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 04:04:29 AM by Hooded Man
Quote from: Beyond on September 22, 2011, 01:40:47 AM
Probably the last preview before release. Texture and model pretty much done, just need to export.


The colors need the "lighthing" Kid Buu v1 has, imo, I feel colorss are looking too dead, atm.

@Wolfric: Hmmm maybe just in the pants, although how it looks already is sexy as [censored].

The chest, abs, and color of his body are flawless.

Don't touch em bro!

The color and lightning in v2 match the picture you posted. so it's rather accurate and doesn't look dead at all.

Shadow: DON'T TOUCH IT!


It looks perfect Wolfric.

I see nothing he should change.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Beyond on September 22, 2011, 01:40:47 AM
Probably the last preview before release. Texture and model pretty much done, just need to export.



Whoa~!

Can't wait to get the Piece of Chewing Gum in my Brawl~!

i luv the detail u made on the black of the boots and wristbands...

overall the texture looks a lot better, good muscle definition, nice model but as star said, the white of his pants should be whiter... it looks a bit dull now.

also the general tone looks brawl-fitting, but buu is more pinkish... so yeah, take the piece of this comment that leads u to what u want ^^

a- brawl style: perfect
b- original style: a bit dull

September 22, 2011, 02:32:03 PM #7256 Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 02:33:29 PM by SiLeNtDo0m
No I see Wolfric's point, whilst I wouldn't go as far as saying "it makes it look dead", it does make it look a bit flatter.  Look at the preview, then look at the picture.  You can quite clearly see the shine that Kid Buu's skin has.

However, at the same time, I don't think it should have lighting like V1 has because of the two different styles that V1 and V2 have.  V2's art style is a lot more subtle and soft than V1's, hence the absence of the major creases in the pants and the softer shades and muscle definition and personally I think it suits Brawl and Kid Buu better.  As far as the lighting goes though, maybe a happy medium could work?  A little bit of shine, but not too much.  After all, Kid Buu is very stretchy like elastic.

Quote from: jokekid on September 22, 2011, 02:29:01 PM
i luv the detail u made on the black of the boots and wristbands...

overall the texture looks a lot better, good muscle definition, nice model but as star said, the white of his pants should be whiter... it looks a bit dull now.

also the general tone looks brawl-fitting, but buu is more pinkish... so yeah, take the piece of this comment that leads u to what u want ^^

a- brawl style: perfect
b- original style: a bit dull

Actually, the colour I think is perfect.  Again, it's the absence of the shine to lift it overall.

However, these are all just little nitpicks.  The overall quality of the hack is still stunning.

*Eagerly awaits the chance to edit the textures.*

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

I've tried him out in-game already and yea the pants are too dark, instead of being a kinda dirty white like how I wanted, it's just gray. But I'm fixing that now.

And I agree with you guys on the lighting on his skin texture. It needs more highlights to play up his rubberiness. xD

With that said, expect a release later today.

September 22, 2011, 02:40:16 PM #7259 Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 02:41:26 PM by Zack Winzard
Won't the in-game lighting take care of that Silent? He only looks how he does now due to the lighting and shading being much softer than it was on v1. I don't know, perhaps he could make it more bold, but I doubt he has had the chance to test it in-game to see how looks as it is.

... -.o

Actually, upon having a second look, there's a good amount of shading but not enough lighting to compliment it. I see your points now. Yeah, maybe the lighting should be a bit more bold abd brighter, but not too much. Or maybe it needs to be in better spots.

Edit: Ninja'd. Guess we have a verdict. xD

Cool to see he'll be getting released soon. :3