Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 13
Author Topic: Beginner's guide to MK64n's method without patching + Tips for using 3DS MAX  (Read 65324 times)
lucas_irineu
Mega Kitten

• Awards Starstormer Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #30 on: October 01, 2010, 12:49:01 PM »

I'm not sure if anyone else has the same problem, but... I've been following this tutorial and it works really well, but step 14 isn't really working. When I go to "Pick from scene" the 'mod' can't be clicked on, and if I press H its not in the list.
    The weird thing is, I tried this on three different models. (Ness, ZSS, and Squirtle). ZSS worked, but not the other two. The other two are the only ones I really want to edit, though, so I have no idea what to do now. :/

Naruto200Man
    Badace Kitten

Guy: Go fourth and Brawl! Lee: Yes Guy Sensei!

• Awards Hot Topic Heart Container Dedicated Hacker KCMM Veteran

« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2010, 09:58:31 AM »

Can you tell me how to do this with blender, I can't get 3DS Max 8 to install on my computer. I keep getting the "installer service could not be accessed" error >_>

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat 128-bit Core Gamer Featured 64-bit Core Gamer

« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2010, 01:57:10 PM »

Can you tell me how to do this with blender, I can't get 3DS Max 8 to install on my computer. I keep getting the "installer service could not be accessed" error >_>
    o.o
    I'm afraid this method won't really work with Blender. This is a 3DS MAX (8) script we're using as a base to do this. Not a Blender one.

If you really can't use 3DS MAX 8, then you'll have to go with the DDVB2 method.  Undecided
    « Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 01:58:15 PM by Miacis Kusanagi » Logged

Round and round the signature goes ~
    ~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Ricky (Br3)
    KC:MM Family JesterㅤThe Last One Here
    Administrator

• Awards KCMM Storyteller Decade Staff RAGE!! Warm Welcomer

« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2010, 08:05:49 PM »

it seems that after patching, the model simply becomes the "average" between my modifications and the original model.

^ This. After editing on 3DS, the final edited mdl0 is somewhere in-between.

What should I do?

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2010, 12:55:10 PM »

it seems that after patching, the model simply becomes the "average" between my modifications and the original model.

What should I do?
    Uh ... I don't remember having that problem ever again with my method. Only the DDVB did this to me.

There are a few possible answers to this, so just a question : what are you trying to edit ?

Naruto200Man
    Badace Kitten

Guy: Go fourth and Brawl! Lee: Yes Guy Sensei!

• Awards Hot Topic Heart Container Dedicated Hacker KCMM Veteran

« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2010, 01:02:22 PM »

Okay, not really relivant, but I'm defragging my comp rite now, so maybe that'll solve my 3Ds problem >_> seeing I haven't run it in what.....two years XP

Ricky (Br3)
    Administrator

« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2010, 02:21:04 PM »

What should I do?
    Uh ... I don't remember having that problem ever again with my method. Only the DDVB did this to me.

There are a few possible answers to this, so just a question : what are you trying to edit ?

I'm using LenSho's tutorial on DDBV2. I own a 3DSMax 9 cd and don't want to use 8.
    So unless this method works on 3DSMax 9, I'll have to use his tut.
    I'm modifying Link's ears.

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2010, 02:56:40 PM »

What should I do?

I'm using LenSho's tutorial on DDBV2. I own a 3DSMax 9 cd and don't want to use 8.
    So unless this method works on 3DSMax 9, I'll have to use his tut.
    I'm modifying Link's ears.
    Well, then I'm sorry but I can't really help you.  Embarrassed I don't use the DDVB2. It's kinda pointless with 3DS MAX anyway. You're using a difficult, not open-source software with what's generally the weaker method. >_>
    The only point of 3DS MAX is generally to get the 8th and be able to use mk64n's script. (Or if you're especially skilled with 3DS and don't want to use another program.)

The only thing I can suggest is to ask LenSho, or better, directly to Akari_Un, because I have no idea where that annoyance comes from.  Undecided

lucas_irineu
    Mega Kitten

« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2010, 03:38:02 PM »

...Hey, do you think you could answer my question? Or at least let me know if I'm screwed and it can't be helped? x)

Ricky (Br3)
    Administrator

« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2010, 03:47:41 PM »

I have 3DSMax 9 since 2008. I didn't get it to hack Brawl.

But yeah, I'll see what I can do...

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2010, 07:39:33 PM »

...Hey, do you think you could answer my question? Or at least let me know if I'm screwed and it can't be helped? x)
    Oh wow, I had completely skipped you. Sorry about that. o_o

Ugh ... I can see a hundred of reasons causing this problem.
    Before we start trying out each one by one, could you try and just do it again with the "bad models", but by skipping step 10 completely ? then by skipping steps 9 and 10 completely ?

Those are the most annoying places where you could have a problem ...

lucas_irineu
    Mega Kitten

« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2010, 07:43:59 PM »

Oh wow, I had completely skipped you. Sorry about that. o_o

Ugh ... I can see a hundred of reasons causing this problem.
    Before we start trying out each one by one, could you try and just do it again with the "bad models", but by skipping step 10 completely ? then by skipping steps 9 and 10 completely ?

Those are the most annoying places where you could have a problem ...
    Its okay. x]

Huh, I did some testing, and I just noticed something. If I save, and then open the file after closing 3DMax, it won't work, but if I edit it, and then export the model without saving it at all, it works fine. :/

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2010, 07:12:41 AM »

I don't really think the saving is the real problem ...
    Chances are you're repeating a little mistake right after saving, in selecting a polygon or something like that.
    (But just in case, make sure you save as a .max file, not a .chr .)

Because there's no reason that you can't morph a copy that you've just made. It's like if you couldn't open with Word a text that you've just saved with said program.  Undecided

Make sure you select the polygon you've edited (if you're like me and modify several polygons at once). Check its number on the top-right. Right-click, Clone, COPY (it's really important), rename the copy to "mod" in the llittle window.

Click on the "mod" (check in the top-right corner you're moving the right one) and move it to the side.

Click on the edited polygon (make sure you're selecting the polygon by checking the top-right, again), light-bulb to remove your edits, then morpher, right-click on the "-empty-", then click on the "mod" ...
    If you follow exactly those steps, I don't see why it wouldn't work.

If it still doesn't, just save a .max file right before morphing and send it to me. I should be able to find something.  Smiley

PS : Oh, now that I think about it, when you want to morph, what is in the "H window" ?
    « Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 07:15:26 AM by Miacis Kusanagi » Logged

lucas_irineu
    Mega Kitten

« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2010, 10:54:17 AM »

Just the thing I imported, but not the "mod" one.

I've done all that before and it won't work. I will send you a file, just give me five minutes to upload it.

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2010, 04:07:21 PM »

Well, when looking at your two scenes, I saw something ... uncommon. At least with the non-patchy method, it is.

There's a lone vertex that appeared on your model. But I don't know where it is ... just check the properties of it, and it indicates that somewhere before your editing, there's a vertice that appeared.
    If there's one more vertex, it wont be able to morph.

I really don't know how it could happen though, as even I don't know how to add vertices. (If you only used Edit Mesh and the vertices, then it shouldn't have happenned.)

So ... there's a workaround so that you don't lose your work. It's called FaceMorphing. You'll need to have a look at one of mk64n's videos to do that, though :
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjruGnqt74o" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjruGnqt74o</a>

But it still won't solve the issue. Did you DL everything directly from my tutorial ? AIS, COLLADA, mk64n's script, etc ?
    « Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 04:09:44 PM by Miacis Kusanagi » Logged

Pages:  1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 13
    Print
    Jump to: