Aafyre's Vertex and Texture thread (08/27) Desukan Preview

Started by Aafyre, August 18, 2010, 05:20:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Huge poll is huge (What PSA do you want?)

Sub-Zero (Captain Falcon)
Boba Fett (Snake)
Etna (Peach)
Bowser jr (Bowser)
Psychryphias (Peach)
Electabuzz (Diddy Kong)
Ifrit (Donkey Kong)
Blanka (Donkey Kong)
Vega (Shiek)
Seymour (Zelda)
Vaati (Toon Link)
Frog (Toon Link)
Gardevoir (Zelda)
Groudon (Bowser)
Hammer Bros. (Mario or Ice Climbers)
Light Yagami (???)
Wrestler (Snake)
Banjo (Mario)
Guile (Snake)
Animal Crosser (Ness)
Balthier (Snake)
Does Ike have all those wind properties on his hair like Link does? Cuz I'm still having nightmares from trying to get Link Xemnas to work.

What about doing it on Marth and then porting it over Ike. I have no idea how to do that stuff, but would that be a good idea? I only say this because I could just use Xemnas' exact body basically.

Wow, Xemnas is just awesome, it would be great to have a normal org. XIII coat version too.

I was going to make a regular Organization coat but a few people have told me that they wanted to so I'll let other people do it for now. I might make my own version later but I want to focus on other Organization members (and Sephiroth) first.

The thing about doing saix over marth is it may look easier and even may be easier but seeing saix and playing as him in KH365/2 (I think its 365 lol) I think saix would fit better on Ike. If you can port saix over to ike and still manage to have Saix using ike's moveset then by all means do so. Matter fact why not do that for all characters.

Unfortunately, I don't know the first thing about character porting. Maybe I'll start a poll for which Kingdom Hearts character to do next. Right now the options are:

1) Ansem
2) Axel
3) Saix

There's still more stuff I want to do too but I'm curious which one of these people want to see more.

haha i acually kust made a saix texture over your xemnas! :) haha i will help on your project regarding kingdom hearts if you like

Alright, I'm going to start making Axel tonight unless somebody else beats him in the polls by the time I start.

*votes Frog* >.>
Who would you do him over? Just curious.
*sees your post* Well Axel was my second choice :af:

And aren't there enough Sephiroths? D:

I was planning to make Frog over Toon Link since they are a similar size and Toon Link already has a sword and sheild. Also, Sephiroth hasn't been done with the new method yet to my knowledge so I think he could actually look a decent amount better than the one we have now. The old one is still really impressive for using the method that the creator did though.

Alright, Axel is coming along nicely. His hair is pretty much done and I already made his texture. All that's left is to make him skinnier, change his sleeves a bit and try to vertex Marth's sword into a chakram. Here's some preview pics to hold you over until I'm done.



Now that I already made a really good generic Organization coat texture, you can expect a Xemnas update with his original coat around the same time I release Axel.




Well, I suppose I'll do Sephiroth next. I'll try a regular version and a Kingdom Hearts version (and on this one I'll attempt a wing out of his backstrap and chestplate, which may or may not turn out well).

Sephiroth hasn't been made since the new vertexing method existed, and I say he deserves to be. Everyone knows he's cooler than Cloud anyways.

Wow, I had my doubts of how it would look... but Axel looks simply awesome.
It will be interesting to see your Sephiroth.