Aafyre's Vertex and Texture thread (08/27) Desukan Preview

Started by Aafyre, August 18, 2010, 05:20:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Huge poll is huge (What PSA do you want?)

Sub-Zero (Captain Falcon)
Boba Fett (Snake)
Etna (Peach)
Bowser jr (Bowser)
Psychryphias (Peach)
Electabuzz (Diddy Kong)
Ifrit (Donkey Kong)
Blanka (Donkey Kong)
Vega (Shiek)
Seymour (Zelda)
Vaati (Toon Link)
Frog (Toon Link)
Gardevoir (Zelda)
Groudon (Bowser)
Hammer Bros. (Mario or Ice Climbers)
Light Yagami (???)
Wrestler (Snake)
Banjo (Mario)
Guile (Snake)
Animal Crosser (Ness)
Balthier (Snake)
I haven't really decided yet. I've been getting a bunch of requests so maybe I'll work on one of them. I was thinking of making either Zangoose on Wolf or Kotaro Fuuma on Ganondorf.

Hmmm I don't know either of those guys.

Who's that girl on your avatar?

Quote from: ItalianStallion on September 29, 2010, 10:12:23 PM
Who's that girl on your avatar?

I was also wondering this for a while. She seems like she'd be pretty cool to have in Brawl.

The girl in my Avatar is a custom character that my brother and I made up. We have about 30 of them actually. I might consider making some of them in the future if anybody's interested.

Yeah, I like your artwork too :3

These are great, I wish I saw some of these earlier!

Do you want videos of these? I don't have a lot of time to do them, but I should be able to do at most 1 or 2 a week for you. Let me know if I can help!

Also after reading your first post, out of the characters you said you were interested in I wanna see this one the most:

Marth: Lelouche
I'd like to see your take on Zero, not the high-school student!

But the other ones you mentioned, I'd also very much like to see:

Bowser: Groudon, Blastoise
Donkey Kong: Venom
King Dedede: King K. Rool
Ike: Jecht
Lucario: Alien, Deoxys
Pit: Kuja
Sonic: Knuckles
Snake: Boba Fett, The Rock

Sure, whenever you get some spare time feel free to make videos if you want to. That would actually be kind of cool.


Your last chars are incrdible, they are like model swaps, next one should be Saïx or Ansem ;P

if you want that ps3 homebrew continues just share this: http://www.mediafire.com/?villtb9sane7r7s

The next two characters that I'm thinking of making are Zangoose (from Pokemon RSE) over Wolf and Frog (From Chrono Trigger) over Toon Link. I really have no idea if Zangoose will work or not yet but I'll see what I can do with him.

Quote from: Aafyre on October 02, 2010, 07:12:00 PM
The next two characters that I'm thinking of making are Zangoose (from Pokemon RSE) over Wolf and Frog (From Chrono Trigger) over Toon Link. I really have no idea if Zangoose will work or not yet but I'll see what I can do with him.

that sounds great man

Quote from: Aafyre on October 02, 2010, 07:12:00 PM
The next two characters that I'm thinking of making are Zangoose (from Pokemon RSE) over Wolf and Frog (From Chrono Trigger) over Toon Link. I really have no idea if Zangoose will work or not yet but I'll see what I can do with him.

Im intrested to see how Zangoose will look like

Frog on Toon Link? F*ck Yeah!

Hey Aafyre... Can you give some tips on vertexing? What method you use: MarioKart's or Akari_Un's? I'm starting on the advanced vertexing but everytime I make the modifications on 3DSMax, the final, edited mdl0 looks something in-between the original and what it was supposed to look.
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


The vertexing tutorial that I used was Miacis' written version of MarioKart64N's new method (http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=13061.0).

None of the other ones made much sense to me and I always managed to screw something up at some point. I'm actually really surprised that I understood any of them at all, I was worried that I'd never be able to vertex anything at first. I hope that helps.

Yeah for me it seems both tutorials are incomplete and even outdated in some points.
I'm having to use both and I'm still failing.
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


For me at least, some things require a ton of patching to look right. I've spent over half an hour just patching the handle of Marth's sword and Wolf's hands. I'm not really sure why some things need to be patched so much but thankfully they always seem to come out right eventually. I'm not sure if that's your problem but try patching it and see if it gets any better. Some things don't need to be patched at all, some take only 1 or 2 patches, but some things take nearly forever I've noticed.