Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14
Author Topic: [NEW] Project Zero - READ PAGE 10, REPLY #139  (Read 57997 times)
Soul Nami
The Sharp Ninja
Supreme Kitten

I'll see you later...

• Awards Fiery Topic Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #150 on: November 19, 2010, 10:11:48 PM »

DONT GIVE UP MR! KEEP ON TRUCKING!

YOU CAN DO-EHHHHT!
    ^^^
    This is the support we're looking for.
    You guys should support us even MORE because we most likely will be using the new vertex, and that will get things done FASTER

If you turn to your left, you'll see that I have left.

Nuke
    Last of the Breed
    Holy Kitten

• Awards FistBump! Super Saiyan Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #151 on: November 19, 2010, 10:19:16 PM »

No matter how much time has passed I as a PSAer and a animator know exactly how time consuming this can be... Don't get discouraged my friend.. I'm sure that this will be awesome when the time comes to release it... Wink.. This goes for the team also...

P.S. I really wanna see this happen... You got my support.. Smiley
    « Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 10:31:27 PM by Nuke » Logged

FC:4898-8419-2778

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

Insert totally self gratifying [censored] here. ; )

• Awards Famous Hacker Sniper Heart Container Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #152 on: November 19, 2010, 10:21:06 PM »

Yeah, all of us know y'all are busy cause I live a similar hectic life daily. I don't care if this is canceled or not, I'm here to give advice and maybe ideas. You deserve to take breaks and time off to enjoy your real life so I won't demand anything except that you don't let these people get to you.
    That message doesn't apply to you. Tongue You haven't done anything wrong.

And yeah, of all them know we're busy. But yet, they still push us to finish this project.

I was animating a bit of Zero back at the beginning of the semester when I could afford the time to do it. Now I can't. Finals come up in December, and mother wants me to get a job to help pay for college among other things.

While I love the work BeyondYou did with Zero. I'm torn with which to go with. It looks nice, and if you compare the actual model from TvC (check around page 5) they are strikingly similar in appearance. However, using the actual model would make it more authentic, but then there are some of the issues we have yet to clear up, such as putting Zero's Z-Saber article to replace one of Links.

I don't know which one to decide now...So here is what I propose.

We continue with the import for now, and get it functioning to the point it can use attacks. Then we see if we can find any bugs that would take a horrendously long time to fix (or maybe impossible to fix). If we come upon a fatal error for the model import, we'll scrap it and use the vertex without hesitation.

It will be a while. Remember, Eldrian didn't finish his PSA in a few months (or even a year if I remember correctly). Even with the new modset, interpolation issues will make the animation process just as tedious as it was without it, if not more so due to the extra keyframes needed to keep things looking good.

I intend to see this through. It's just that my life (like s o u l z e r o) outside of hacking outweighs the project in terms of importance.
    « Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 10:24:13 PM by Velen Zaiga » Logged

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

amount18
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #153 on: November 19, 2010, 10:45:46 PM »

I support you guys.  I also support Beyond.  I don't think he was trying to slight this project, but more trying to silence his original detractors who told him not to make the vertex bc it couldn't compare to the import.  Nonetheless, there will always be ppl who put undue pressure to finish things.

Best of luck with your efforts (hacking and not)

Soul Nami
    The Sharp Ninja
    Supreme Kitten

I'll see you later...

• Awards Fiery Topic Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #154 on: November 20, 2010, 07:53:53 AM »

I support you guys.  I also support Beyond.  I don't think he was trying to slight this project, but more trying to silence his original detractors who told him not to make the vertex bc it couldn't compare to the import.  Nonetheless, there will always be ppl who put undue pressure to finish things.

Best of luck with your efforts (hacking and not)
    We already know he wasn't trying to SLIGHT the project, it's more of a very discouraging comment.

If you turn to your left, you'll see that I have left.

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #155 on: November 20, 2010, 07:59:02 AM »

Once this gets done, I really hope that it gains the recognition it dserves.

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #156 on: November 21, 2010, 03:17:41 AM »

Okay, after considering some things. I decided to give Zero a full stat and move list, as well as unique characteristics.

Size – 5/10 - Zero is a little taller than Fox is.
    Weight – 6.7/10 - He is also a bit weighty due to his armor and body shape.
    Walk – 4/10 - He has a moderate walking speed, cautiously moving forward.
    Run – 5/10 - He is an average runner.
    Power – 6/10 - Some of his attacks hit hard.
    Attack Speed – 4-7/10 - He focuses on using swift attacks some of the time, and slower, more powerful ones in other places.
    Range – 5/10 - His Z-Saber gives him quite a bit of range.
    Priority – ? / 10 - I honestly don't know how I would rate this.
    Air Speed – 6/10 - Zero's special Air Dodges give him some aerial mobility. Especially if you're SHAD'ing.

Jabs: Z-Combo - Zero's infamous Triple Slash attack. First a vertical cut, then a horizontal cut, then a vertical saber smash (non-MMZ). 1-2-(2,2,2)%

F-Tilt: Lights Out - Zero proves he has melee combat experience without his Saber by throwing a right hook. - 6%

D-tilt: Sweep-Kick - Zero sweeps forward ala Mario with a sweeping kick. - 8%

U-Tilt: Buster Discharge: Zero takes his buster and generate a medium-sized explosion just above the nozzle. - 9%, Fire Damage.

Dash Attack: Flying Kick - Zero goes from Dashing into a flying kick in one swift motion. - 5%

F-Smash: Saber Combo - Zero performs a slash to the left before [censored]ing back his arm and lunging forward a little bit, thrusting his saber forward. 2 hits. - 5, 7%

D-Smash: Ground Spin - Zero uses his leg that is bent against the ground, and uses it to spin himself around twice while slashing with his saber. Four hits, two front, two back or four in the middle. 2, 2, 2, 2%

U-Smash: Half Moon Shaver - Zero slashes above himself in a perfect 180 degree arc. 8%

Nair: Double Dragon - Zero kicks out twice, works similarly to Link's Nair, with the exception of fire damage. 3, 3%

F-Air: Aerial Slash - Zero does his aerial attack from the X games. Three-hits. 1, 2, 2%

D-Air: Buster Blast - Zero points his Buster Down and discharges his buster. Has a light Meteor Smash. 5%

U-Air: Red Demon Spike - Zero does a motion similar to Mario's U-tilt and thrusts his saber above him. 4%

B-Air: Horizontal Axe - Zero brings his leg far to the side and performs a horizontal axe kick. 7%

Neutral B: Z-Buster - Zero's Z-buster can be used in one of two ways: Firing normally or Charging. Firing normally makes Zero generate Samus' Charge Shot graphic, and he can fire of one shot per- 3/4 of a second consecutively with a maximum of three on screen at once. Charging to Level 2 will result in a medium-sized Chaos Spear graphic to be generated, and more damage dead. Level 3 will result in firing off a large Duon Shot.

Uncharged - 4%, First Charge - 12%,  Full Charge - 18%

Side B (Ground) : Hienkyaku - Zero simply dashes forward a good distance (Half of FD). However, if the player presses the joystick diagonally while pressing B, Hienkyaku will send Zero diagonally into the air.

Side B (Air): Raikousen - Zero takes this version of this attack from MvC3. Zero will pose and discharge electricity before dashing forward at speed with his saber out, surging with electricity. During the charge period, the player can do two things besides just waiting for the attack to execute. If the player presses the B button again immediately after the initial command., Zero will immediately execute the attack, but it will be a bit weaker and have no Stun effect from the electricity. The player can also make the attack angle downward slightly, or at a steep angle.

Down B (Ground): Earth Gaizer: This move charges the same way as Wario Waft: over time. Each charge level makes for a bigger attack. The last level being the strongest.

Down B (Air): Danchien (Quake Blazer): Zero brings his saber above, then streaks downward with a firey red saber, making an explosion on contact with the ground.

Up-B (Ground): Rising - Zero will perform his Rising technique from the Mega Man Xtreme games, an anti-air attack.

Up-B (Air): Hyouryuushou - Zero will spin around (either in place or left or right) while generating an icy tornado.

Grab: Zero grabs for the enemy with his left hand.

G-Jab: Zero socks his victim in the head with his right fist.

F-Throw: Zero punches victim in the stomach with his Buster, then discharges it, sending them flying.

B-Throw: Zero does a side-snap ( a type of kick) and sends the victim flying back behind him.

U-Throw: Zero throws the opponent into the air and fires off a Charged Shot.

D-Throw: Zero slams the victim onto the ground the slashes them with his Z-Saber.

F-Dodge: Zero dashes forward, then spins around to face the opposite direction.

B-Dodge: Zero performs a reverse Dash.

Spot Dodge: Zero sidesteps quickly.

FS (New Proposal): Genmurei: Zero charges energy into his Saber before unleashing a giant slash wave that goes through everything (meaning it is not stopped by the stage's topography). Anyone who is not shielding when this FS is used will be KO'd instantly, and anyone who shields will instantly have it broken.

or

Genmurei (Proposal Two): Zero flies up above the stage in the center. Then stays there before spinning vertically, unleashing waves of projectiles from his Saber eight times, bombing the stage below himself with them before dropping back down to the stage. This attack does moderate damage high KB.
    ------
    Special Characteristics (currently only Proposals):

Initial DASH: Zero's initial dash (If the control stick isn't held) causes Zero to perform a mid-range Dash (kinda like the Eldrian PSA except a slightly shorter distance).

Hienkyaku Jump: Zero's second jump is the equivalent of Falco's initial jump.

Zero Combo: Zero's Buster gets a fourth charge level where he fires off two Charged Shot and follows up with a slash wave.
    ------

There a full write up. Any one got suggestions for damages for the other moves?
    « Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 08:07:05 AM by Velen Zaiga » Logged

amount18
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #157 on: November 21, 2010, 03:34:52 AM »

I like the first final smash better.  It is like his level 3 in MvC3

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #158 on: November 21, 2010, 01:15:50 PM »

Full Write-up updated. Aerials were added.

Get A Load of This!
    Mega Kitten

Gee it sure is anime around here.

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #159 on: November 21, 2010, 02:09:21 PM »

Seems rather odd that he doesn't have his dash as one of his special attacks, since it was such a major part of his playstyle in any of the games he's been in. It'd probably be better for it to be his grounded forward special instead of what's basically Meta Knight's cape attack. It'd probably be easier to animate F-Splasher instead of Shippuuga while having a similar effect. Last hit of Z-Combo should also hit more than once like the games.

Otherwise, yeah, okay! Looks pretty Zero-ish. Kind of weird that he has two vertical spins in the air (n-air and d-air), but he had that in TvC too, so alright.
    « Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 02:11:24 PM by Get A Load of This! » Logged

Feel free to ask for a quick video upload of your hack.
    GALOT's moveset ideas, need ideas?
    Latest Writeups: Evil Ryu, Amaterasu

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #160 on: November 21, 2010, 05:56:20 PM »

Seems rather odd that he doesn't have his dash as one of his special attacks, since it was such a major part of his playstyle in any of the games he's been in. It'd probably be better for it to be his grounded forward special instead of what's basically Meta Knight's cape attack. It'd probably be easier to animate F-Splasher instead of Shippuuga while having a similar effect. Last hit of Z-Combo should also hit more than once like the games.

Otherwise, yeah, okay! Looks pretty Zero-ish. Kind of weird that he has two vertical spins in the air (n-air and d-air), but he had that in TvC too, so alright.

You should have a look at the special characteristics I proposed at the bottom. Making his Initial Dash the Dash Function is one of the idea.

The reason for making Raikousen is for making it fundamentally different from Eldrian's PSA. Plus, if we wanted to, we could make Zero's Forward B the MvC3 version of Raikousen (where he doesn't disappear at all).

The Dair was meant emulate the Level 3 Special Zero has in MvC 3, where he spins and does a slash while his body is horizontally to the side. I also contemplated making Genmurei function similar to that. Hisuishou can be a good alternative to Shippuuga.

I am willing to replace his Dair or Nair with something else....

I've got it!

*Edits the Write-Up.*

Get A Load of This!
    Mega Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #161 on: November 21, 2010, 09:15:28 PM »

Trust me, I've read all of it. Frankly, the initial dash didn't seem like an awesome idea comparing it to having a dash that could actually be controlled.

Genmuri-like shouldn't be a D-Air. Want it to be different from Eldiran's? At least make it Enkokyaku or Sentsuizan and change N-Air back to Kuenzan. Really shouldn't be shooting to be too different, considering the fact that you're making the same character.

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #162 on: November 21, 2010, 10:51:52 PM »

Trust me, I've read all of it. Frankly, the initial dash didn't seem like an awesome idea comparing it to having a dash that could actually be controlled.

Genmuri-like shouldn't be a D-Air. Want it to be different from Eldiran's? At least make it Enkokyaku or Sentsuizan and change N-Air back to Kuenzan. Really shouldn't be shooting to be too different, considering the fact that you're making the same character.

I think you missed what I was saying about Genmurei entirely. I was saying I had been thinking of making Genmurei (as his FS) function like that. (Where he spins horizontally then unleashes the Slash Wave.

Also, no K-Knuckle stuff in this PSA. I was thinking we would save that for another, separate PSA where Zero doesn't use his Saber at all (and instead uses a vertexed Hookshot that looks like the K-Knuckle.)

Get A Load of This!
    Mega Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #163 on: November 21, 2010, 11:04:48 PM »

His Level 3 in MvC3 IS Genmuri. He says something different but the function is exactly the same.

..And that's what I'm getting at with his D-Air. The animation would be the same as his Final Smash. That and in pretty much every game Zero's had a command art that makes him fall or dash towards the ground. You wouldn't really be copying Eldiran either because his version uses the triple rod for someodd reason.
    « Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 11:21:59 PM by Get A Load of This! » Logged

lYIaXeD OuT
    Supreme Kitten

IM NOT TELLING YOU WHAT YOUR PRESENT IS!!

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #164 on: November 21, 2010, 11:19:57 PM »

i have complete faith in you guys no doubt. And I only said 1 year so i could low ball and so it would sound better compared to a year. But anyways this seems to be going rather slowly but i completely understand and i still trust you guys on this. But the 1st final smash velen proposed seems a little cheap-ish. An insta-kill doesnt seem very fair. although it IS Zero maybe it could do a very high amount of damage (almost KO'ing) But the first one sounds more apealing. But anyways you guys are great and keep going because I know you guys can do it. How many people are working on this? Just Velen and soulzero? I tell you guys i have empathy for you. You guys are the smallest team working on one of the biggest project. You guys are troopers. keep at it.

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

Pages:  1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14
    Print
    Jump to: