Bone Tree Editor- development thread : Version 1.1 released

Started by TheShyGuy, September 13, 2010, 11:57:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

I get an error as well. It said the index was out of range..... Oh, and does this not work for model imports? Because around half of the bones weren't visible. :/
I just downloaded the new version, so I don't think it's the old one.....


Quote from: Fliptocat on January 19, 2011, 12:05:18 AM
I get an error as well. It said the index was out of range..... Oh, and does this not work for model imports? Because around half of the bones weren't visible. :/
I just downloaded the new version, so I don't think it's the old one.....


is the import header-fixed??
I got Pachi to work just fine :/

I'll post an image of the bone tree :/

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

^He works just fine in everything else...... The bones that aren't visible aren't important though..... They're just his cape and Hakama bones...... Maybe he has too many bones? He has 130 or so. :/

>.> can u gimmie the model flipticoat? ill take  look at it to see if its your model or my exe...as for the saving prob i found it...looking for a fix

Quote from: TheShyGuy on January 19, 2011, 12:19:03 AMas for the saving prob i found it...looking for a fix

lol,
can I get any info as to what it is?? *curious*

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.


January 19, 2011, 12:38:58 AM #247 Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 12:55:16 AM by TheShyGuy
@tcll...it seems theres a prob with my recursive method that goes through each node....still looking for the main prob, it works the first time...tryn to figure out why it doesnt the next time.  Doesnt always happen tho. and also to get the topN offset, i got the offset at 0x20(4) + CurrentPos-> 0x36(4)...there was one model this didnt worked...didnt look at it tho..

@flipticoat i prob dun have to look at it since i just found another mdl0 with the same prob...

ugh with these bugs lol

edit:....actually the prob is in the dnd code...the part that i did soo much redoing on >.> hated this part

Quote from: TheShyGuy on January 19, 2011, 12:38:58 AM
@tcll...it seems theres a prob with my recursive method that goes through each node....still looking for the main prob, it works the first time...tryn to figure out why it doesnt the next time.  Doesnt always happen tho. and also to get the topN offset, i got the offset at 0x20(4) + CurrentPos-> 0x36(4)...there was one model this didnt worked...didnt look at it tho..

bad move ma man... :/
never use 'current position' for absolute file positioning
always seek from 'start of file'

data_offset + Bone_group_offset = bone position

in my template:
relocation_offset.data_offset + header.lists.Bones

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

sorry i meant theyre all from the begining... when i said current i meant the number that 0x20(4)(beginning) equaled...soo 0x20(4) = (<-value)current...then you go to 'current' and do 0x36(4)...sorry for that lol

Quote from: TheShyGuy on January 19, 2011, 01:09:13 AM
sorry i meant theyre all from the begining... when i said current i meant the number that 0x20(4)(beginning) equaled...soo 0x20(4) = (<-value)current...then you go to 'current' and do 0x36(4)...sorry for that lol


I'm confused O.o
0x20 and 0x36 are what now??

I was thinking you ment from the mdl0 header :/
now I'm not sure what you mean...

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

0x20(int) (from the beginning)-> bone reloc table offset.  0x36(from beginning of reloc. table) = topN bone offset.  Add the start of the reloc. offset and the topNbone offset = Actual TopNbone offset from the beginning...is that less confusing lol?

I think you're viewing the data a little wrong :/

here's an example group:
00 00 00 48 00 00 00 03
FF FF 00 00 00 02 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 96 00 00 00 03 00 01 00 01 81 EC 00 00 78 38
00 9E 00 00 00 01 00 02 00 01 82 1C 00 00 9D 58
00 8E 00 00 00 00 00 03 00 01 82 04 00 00 9F 58


now, look at the group like this:

00 00 00 48 - block size
00 00 00 03 - num offsets

FF FF
00 00
00 02
00 00

00 00 00 00
00 00 00 00
^blank offset (usage unknown)

00 96
00 00
00 03
00 01
00 01 81 EC
00 00 78 38

00 9E
00 00
00 01
00 02
00 01 82 1C
00 00 9D 58

00 8E
00 00
00 00
00 03
00 01 82 04
00 00 9F 58

EDIT:
I know my template displays the data a little differently on that part...
that's just something I'll have to look into fixing :/

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

ill get to that...main focus is this(blackjax prob)part of code....did i mention this is the code that i had the most trouble with >.> buut i mightve figured out a way....