Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: DEADPOOL! (cheers to Nano for the vid)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5I4s74Q2WI" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5I4s74Q2WI</a>
Delicious like a chimichanga - 7 (14.9%)
SDo0m and Mephisto classy mofos ಠ_ರೃ - 9 (19.1%)
OMG A MOD WUT SORCERY IS THIS?!?! - 3 (6.4%)
- 13 (27.7%)
Seriously Classy Option™ ಠ_ರೃ - 7 (14.9%)
wherez vegeeeta? - 8 (17%)
Total Voters: 47

Pages:  1 ... 298 299 300 [301] 302 303 304 ... 515
Author Topic: SDo0m's Dark Void: Deadpool Release (pg 512)! Major thanks to Mephisto!  (Read 1784689 times)
Rayn
Extreme Kitten

I gotta learn to fall asleep at reasonable hours..

View Profile Awards
« Reply #4500 on: July 29, 2011, 08:25:27 PM »

But let's not clog this thread up with useless bickering.
please.

Vee and Random's Bucketson | Happily married to Velen
Personas:
Luxord (Kingdom Hearts)
Renard/NegaRen (Lapfox Trax)
Louis (Left 4 Dead)
Vinyl Scratch (My Little Pony)
The Kid (Bastion)
Tumblr!

Uncle0wnage
Hyper Kitten

Just an avid hacker.

• Awards Hot Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4501 on: July 29, 2011, 08:35:51 PM »

Brawl Hacking in general isn't necessary. The people who are working on Project M gave us the ability to actually hack brawl, I'd say they can do whatever they want, also, it may not be necessary for you, but that is an opinion, they feel it is needed, let them do what they will. If you want more of brawl hacked, learn to do it yourself instead of blaming it on a modset.

1) There's nothing wrong with that, melee's physics were great, i enjoy them more than brawl's.
    2) That's fine too, they wanted brawl to be melee 2.0, it wasn't, they want the good old days back.
    3) That is a complete lie, they have made significant changes to many melee combatants, i don't know what you've been reading.
    4) Also untrue, They have changed both new and old characters to be more balanced, they want it fairer than melee or brawl ever was.

That's what they believe brawl was supposed to be, Melee with a bunch of new characters, stages, etc.
    I believe that that would've been the best game possible, unfortunately, sakurai and his team decided to change it.
    I would rather play melee with a whole slew of new characters, and with project M, I am finally able to do that.
    The modset definitely isn't necessary, just like anything else, the world goes on without it, but it gets way more hate than any other modset around. If you don't like it, don't talk trash about it, don't play it, just stick with your vbrawl/brawl-/brawl+ and coexist.  
    I love brawl, it really is a great game, I have one sd card dedicated to vbrawl and all psas, vertextures and stages. I have another for project m. I still need to try out some of the other modsets, maybe i'll fall in love with them, all i'm saying is that i spent most of my childhood with melee, and it's good to have an old friend back.

Sdoom, congrats on making it in, I hope you help speed them up a little.  Laugh
    Have fun, but don't forget about us over here at KCMM.

Akiba Red
    Lol Kitten

AOI CHAN

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4502 on: July 29, 2011, 08:38:29 PM »

I find it amusing how you think that second sentence serves any purpose other than to prove you're a fanboy. It's like you're saying Brawl, Brawl+, and Brawl- are not fun at all.

It's not ludicrous, for several reasons.

1) They are making the physics a CARBON COPY of Melee's, or as close as they can get.
    2) They are changing the animations of the characters who were in Melee back to, or to be closer to their Melee incarnations.
    3) They are making the movesets practically carbon copies of their versions in Melee (for the ones who were present in Melee), with only minor changes.
    4) The only characters with "new" moves are the ones who weren't in Melee. Namely Sonic, Ike, Toon Link, Lucario, Pit, Snake, and whoever else I missed. With the exceptions being moves on the characters that the people on the project just can't stand seeing or don't want to see.

So basically: They are using the new characters, and the stuff Brawl has in order to hide a single fact:

They are nigh-literally turning Brawl into a Melee 2.0. Just because they think that's how Brawl should've been.

Like ThE DarkYoshi, I don't really see it as necessary.

-but if SDo0M wants to help make it, I'll support his decision, but you will not be hearing me talking about wanting to play it.

Cause if I wanted to play Melee: I would rather play the real thing than a mere copy.

No matter how much you try to hide behind the Project:M moniker, that M says it all.

Melee
    1) Yes.
    2) So the top-tier characters don't feel different in terms of game-play. They ARE buffing and possibly changing lower-tiers to balance the game.
    3) Look at two.
    4) Two again.
    The first statement) No one ever said they weren't fun.
    Also sequels are mostly like that.
    « Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 08:39:41 PM by Ovaloard » Logged

The Main Event
    Supreme Kitten

I will go out there and give a show like no other.

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4503 on: July 29, 2011, 08:39:50 PM »

Brawl Hacking in general isn't necessary. The people who are working on Project M gave us the ability to actually hack brawl, I'd say they can do whatever they want, also, it may not be necessary for you, but that is an opinion, they feel it is needed, let them do what they will. If you want more of brawl hacked, learn to do it yourself instead of blaming it on a modset.

1) There's nothing wrong with that, melee's physics were great, i enjoy them more than brawl's.
    2) That's fine too, they wanted brawl to be melee 2.0, it wasn't, they want the good old days back.
    3) That is a complete lie, they have made significant changes to many melee combatants, i don't know what you've been reading.
    4) Also untrue, They have changed both new and old characters to be more balanced, they want it fairer than melee or brawl ever was.

That's what they believe brawl was supposed to be, Melee with a bunch of new characters, stages, etc.
    I believe that that would've been the best game possible, unfortunately, sakurai and his team decided to change it.
    I would rather play melee with a whole slew of new characters, and with project M, I am finally able to do that.
    The modset definitely isn't necessary, just like anything else, the world goes on without it, but it gets way more hate than any other modset around. If you don't like it, don't talk trash about it, don't play it, just stick with your vbrawl/brawl-/brawl+ and coexist.  
    I love brawl, it really is a great game, I have one sd card dedicated to vbrawl and all psas, vertextures and stages. I have another for project m. I still need to try out some of the other modsets, maybe i'll fall in love with them, all i'm saying is that i spent most of my childhood with melee, and it's good to have an old friend back.

Sdoom, congrats on making it in, I hope you help speed them up a little.  Laugh
    Have fun, but don't forget about us over here at KCMM.
    Well I didn't talk trash. No one really was. Theres a difference between talking trash and an opinion and....
    please.

Nevermind. Useless bickering is useless.

Uncle0wnage
    Hyper Kitten

Just an avid hacker.

• Awards Hot Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4504 on: July 29, 2011, 08:45:04 PM »

Well I didn't talk trash. No one really was. Theres a difference between talking trash and an opinion

@ThE DarkYoshi 
     Sorry i was being a [expletive deleted].
    I just don't know why people hate on it so much, Brawl is awesome, everyone can have fun with it, no matter how they do it. Except those nude textures........That's not okay.

I can't wait for spidey's final release and a zero preview.

dRage
    Global Moderator

• Awards Famous Hacker Fiery Topic KCMM Old Timer Pin Collector

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #4505 on: July 29, 2011, 08:46:24 PM »

Can we just drop this please?

Let people play whatever the hell they want. No one is forcing anyone to play anything.

Oh, other than those people telling you to go play Melee/Brawl/whatever, of course. Those people should just be ignored.

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

Insert totally self gratifying [censored] here. ; )

• Awards Famous Hacker Sniper Heart Container Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4506 on: July 29, 2011, 09:04:21 PM »

If you want more of brawl hacked, learn to do it yourself instead of blaming it on a modset.
    Hahahahaha.[/dry] You are too overzealous for your own good sometimes...

I'll stick to making texture-hacks, thank you. I don't have nearly enough free time to learn how to vertex or PSA. Especially since I do most of my stuff on a laptop, which isn't ideal.

You just stated the reason that people hate on it so much too: The fact they are basically making it a Melee 2.0. A nigh-carbon copy.

It's a similar issue with the people who hated on Gamewatching and others who were making vertexs of characters back into their Melee appearance:

Why would you want to revert the characters back to Melee quality aesthetics when all you need to do is increase the saturation, or do two simple actions in Photoshop to make them look closer to their Melee colors? Making those vertexes completely defeats the purpose of the Brawl models being made, in their essence. You basically undid the hard work that the developers did, and it's somewhat like slapping them in the place in a way.

Open "Insert Texture Name Here" > Duplicate Layer > Blending Mode: Overlay.

That simple. No vertexing needed.

@dRage: I think you're completely misunderstanding my position, as well as the position of most everyone else who has a decidedly negative opinion on Project:M: None of us believe anyone is forcing us to play anything. That is something the mods and other people decided to believe on the issue themselves so they could use it to try to diffuse any situation involving it. Which is -to be bluntly honest- a foolish view.

All the people who are "hating" on it are doing is the same thing as anyone else who talks about it: stating their opinion. Nothing more, nothing less. If someone elses opinion gets you flared up, it's your own fault, not theirs.

I don't hate Melee. In fact, I enjoyed it like I enjoyed Brawl, but changing Brawl into a Melee 2.0, in my opinion, is like slapping Nintendo in the face, rather than making right what Nintendo supposedly did wrong.
    « Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 09:09:32 PM by DMG. Velia » Logged

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

TheGreatDekuTree
    Intermediate Kitten

You flies with your unyielding little minds!!

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #4507 on: July 29, 2011, 09:05:05 PM »

i'm eating pizza.

It hurts, Ness...
    .....Ness...
    Ness, Ness, Ness, Ness, Ness, Ness, Ness, Ness, Ness, Ness, Ness, Ness, Ness, Ness, Ness, Ness, Ness, Ness, Ness, Ness, Ness, Ness, Ness, Ness.....

The Main Event
    Supreme Kitten

I will go out there and give a show like no other.

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4508 on: July 29, 2011, 09:06:35 PM »

ALRIGHT NOW BACK ON TOPIC

dRage
    Global Moderator

• Awards Famous Hacker Fiery Topic KCMM Old Timer Pin Collector

« Reply #4509 on: July 30, 2011, 05:06:59 AM »

Velen, I respect your opinion like I respect everyones opinion. Only thing I'm asking is to not tell people to just "go play Melee". That line is not only rude, it is also way overused. Also, I'm afraid you misunderstand my intentions.

I would give my opinion on the subject but unless sDoom comes here and says that it's fine to discuss why you like/dislike Project:M, this is all just derailing the thread. Yes, he joined the dev team but this thread is all about his hacks and not P:M. Take Beyond's thread for example, it's constantly getting derailed but he's cool with it so I'm not going to interfere.

xZedkiel
    Heroic Kitten

Quitting for a while... Wish I could quit life..

• Awards Famous Hacker KCMM Veteran Heart Container Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4510 on: July 30, 2011, 06:48:11 AM »

Hey guys?! Who else loves Spidey and Zero and SDo0m's work and wants to get this back on topic?  AWESOME 2.0!

Can't wait for a full blown Zero preview, but I shall wait as long as it takes! ^_^ Favorite MegaMan character.. Well, his MMZ version. lol
    « Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 06:49:55 AM by xZedkiel » Logged

DoctorFlux(Mariodk)
    Never Gonna Give You Up

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Heart Container KCMM 2012 Awards Winner >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4511 on: July 30, 2011, 06:53:28 AM »

Hey guys?! Who else loves Spidey and Zero and SDo0m's work and wants to get this back on topic?  AWESOME 2.0! Can't wait for a full blown Zero preview, but I shall wait as long as it takes! ^_^ Favorite MegaMan character.. Well, his MMZ version. lol
    ^this

I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4512 on: July 30, 2011, 07:18:51 AM »

happy u wont use that running animation for zero... xDD

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

« Reply #4513 on: July 30, 2011, 09:11:25 AM »

I don't mind people derailing the thread.  Heck, this is one of those threads that it just happens in.  What I'm not a fan of though (like dRage said) are these arguments and insults being thrown about.  Keep it clean and friendly guys ^^

As far as stuff goes, this opportunity has made me even more inspired to make animations.  I can assure you guys I will continually get better at animating.  What I do may take a little longer than it usually does, but it will be worth it.  After all, I'll be trying my best to meet P:Ms high standards XD

Triforce Zelda (Deceased)
    Lol Kitten

6/30/10 - 8/18/11

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer Renowned Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4514 on: July 30, 2011, 09:15:05 AM »

I was reading all this and now people are doing this again?  

Meh, nevermind them. I don't know what to say about Spidey, because I'm trying to get rid of Sheik, but Idk if I should put Spidey, not that it's bad or anything, it looks awesome, but, idk  Undecided
    « Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 09:24:36 AM by Triforce Zelda » Logged

Pages:  1 ... 298 299 300 [301] 302 303 304 ... 515
    Print
    Jump to: