SDo0m's Dark Void: Deadpool Release (pg 512)! Major thanks to Mephisto!

Started by SiLeNtDo0m, October 12, 2010, 05:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

DEADPOOL! (cheers to Nano for the vid) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5I4s74Q2WI

Delicious like a chimichanga
7 (14.9%)
SDo0m and Mephisto classy mofos ಠ_ರೃ
9 (19.1%)
OMG A MOD WUT SORCERY IS THIS?!?!
3 (6.4%)
[spoiler]
13 (27.7%)
Seriously Classy Option™ ಠ_ರೃ
7 (14.9%)
wherez vegeeeta?
8 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 47

So I herd u liek previewz?  Well here's a super special smexy one just for you ^^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTTNCGpqaBs

What's changed from the private test build?

- Neutral B....well....the vid tells the story there
- Side B has more endlag, can't hit shields, goes further forward, has a little more startup lag, has no time manipulation and has a bunch of small knockback and graphical tweaks here and there (still no leg though XD)
- Up B as new graphics (unfortunately, I couldn't use your graphics SmashClash, it caused MASSIVE slowdown for some reason)

i reviewed it based on the vid.
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

awesome i love the N-B now one thing on N-B reminds me of one of Super buu´s move(that attack he used to kill any ppl on earth in the anime but mini version of it)  :af2:
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

Quote from: SonicBrawler on October 08, 2011, 10:02:47 PM
i reviewed it based on the vid.

I saw ^^  

And as regards to the Down B, I think it will be easiest if I quote what frostymm and Ultraxwing said before:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Also, about that collaboration thing, I'll think about it.

However, one thing that I was gonna do was make my Zero PSA a group collaborated project with a bunch of team members, since I don't really want to do him on my own.

nooow i understand. sweet. i guess i need to learn more about these comboing. lol

also, sweet. never played as Zero in anything before, but that would be pretty cool to help.
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

he SDoom, since the NB is a real projectile, why do u still make buu slow so much down his falling speed when he charges in air? i think something like DK's air charge would fit more...

Quote from: jokekid on October 08, 2011, 10:34:18 PM
he SDoom, since the NB is a real projectile, why do u still make buu slow so much down his falling speed when he charges in air? i think something like DK's air charge would fit more...

Because you'd never be able to actually "use" it in the air if you fell normally.  If he fell normally, by the time you charged it you would hit the ground, therefore making it redundant in the air.  It works alright for DK, because he can throw out the move whenever he wants at whatever charge.  You can charge it on the ground, then throw out the move in the air if you wanted.  

Also, I found initially when I hadn't disabled his upward momentum that he would do some funky zap jump with the Neutral B.

Quote from: SiLeNtDo0m on October 08, 2011, 10:37:49 PM
Because you'd never be able to actually "use" it in the air if you fell normally.  If he fell normally, by the time you charged it you would hit the ground, therefore making it redundant in the air.  It works alright for DK, because he can throw out the move whenever he wants at whatever charge.  You can charge it on the ground, then throw out the move in the air if you wanted.  

Also, I found initially when I hadn't disabled his upward momentum that he would do some funky zap jump with the Neutral B.

ok, i still find him slow too much down when falling, cuz yh of course its supposed to be usefull also in air, but projectiles tend to be hard to aim in the air anyways...

so i suggest making the slow down a bit lower, so he still slows the fall down, so its at least possible to throw the attack, but not as much as in that preview ^^

Quote from: jokekid on October 08, 2011, 11:00:59 PM
ok, i still find him slow too much down when falling, cuz yh of course its supposed to be usefull also in air, but projectiles tend to be hard to aim in the air anyways...

so i suggest making the slow down a bit lower, so he still slows the fall down, so its at least possible to throw the attack, but not as much as in that preview ^^

That is true.  I'll experiment to find a decent balance. 

Fantastic job, SDo0m!
I applaud you! I congratulate you! I luv you! (no homo)
I love every aspect. I picked N-B cuz I like that Human Genocide you added. Amazing!
I see about my graphic for Up-B...probably cuz I hexed.
Anyway, at least you're using my Planet Burst graphic. =D
I cannot wait for the Final Smash!
Wonderful job so far. I am definitely anticipating it.
Great video transition(move to move), btw. It was entertaining.
Thanks in advance. ;D

Quote from: SiLeNtDo0m on October 08, 2011, 09:59:26 PM
So I herd u liek previewz?  Well here's a super special smexy one just for you ^^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTTNCGpqaBs

What's changed from the private test build?

- Neutral B....well....the vid tells the story there
- Side B has more endlag, can't hit shields, goes further forward, has a little more startup lag, has no time manipulation and has a bunch of small knockback and graphical tweaks here and there (still no leg though XD)
- Up B as new graphics (unfortunately, I couldn't use your graphics SmashClash, it caused MASSIVE slowdown for some reason)


hmm interesting....
Just a Financial Analyst that loves SSBB :D


Smash Attack 2.65: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=17599
Noob Guide: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=12169.0
PSA Resource Thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=1337.0

Projects in Progress:
+ Dante Update
+ sword master kirby
+ Loyd over Pit
+ DO/KJ fusion Ichigo


The only thing about Instant Transmission I would change would be to make Buu disappear just before the graphics appear, and make them not move outward as much to give the idea of an afterimage.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

I would increase the range of instant transmisson, just by a little bit though.  A little bit farther than metaknight's down b special.

Sadly I'm not a fan of the move failing because I can't press a button fast enough.

I'd much prefer the way it was previously over having to constantly press a button just to get a move to work.

As for the Side-B... Why does it need more start up lag?

Also, sadly, I didn't get to finish the video because my phone and youtube decided to not agree with each other at 27 seconds, so I only saw the throwing of the Shocking Ball. But thats my main concern anyway...

Moves failing... I've never liked that idea. Its right there next to tripping. Yes, you can control this move from failing, but being forced to repeatedly press the same button over and over is one of the most annoying things that has ever been put in games.

Granted, if you're gonna keep that that way, I'll still be replacing Lucario with Kid Buu, but I prolly wont ever use that move except to pressure people who are trying to come back from off the board.
The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

Quote from: Haseyo on March 25, 2012, 06:34:20 PM
If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

Quote from: Kagemaru on October 09, 2011, 09:25:25 AM
Sadly I'm not a fan of the move failing because I can't press a button fast enough.

I'd much prefer the way it was previously over having to constantly press a button just to get a move to work.

As for the Side-B... Why does it need more start up lag?

Also, sadly, I didn't get to finish the video because my phone and youtube decided to not agree with each other at 27 seconds, so I only saw the throwing of the Shocking Ball. But thats my main concern anyway...

Moves failing... I've never liked that idea. Its right there next to tripping. Yes, you can control this move from failing, but being forced to repeatedly press the same button over and over is one of the most annoying things that has ever been put in games.

Granted, if you're gonna keep that that way, I'll still be replacing Lucario with Kid Buu, but I prolly wont ever use that move except to pressure people who are trying to come back from off the board.

Trust me, if you ever fail the move you quite frankly suck.  It's really not very hard to execute at all.  Basically, unless you deliberately slow down or maybe your hand slips off the button then you won't fail it.

But when it comes down to something like that, it's really each to his own.  I never found it an annoying concept in the slightest since it just requires a good level of dexterity and reflexes.  The vast majority are very much in support of the idea, and it took me a while to code so I'm sticking with it.

Side B has more start-up lag because it came out WAAAAY too fast before.  It came out almost instantly because of the Frame Speed Modifier I used.  Now it comes out realistically quickly and overall makes the move much less spammable.