SDo0m's Dark Void: Deadpool Release (pg 512)! Major thanks to Mephisto!

Started by SiLeNtDo0m, October 12, 2010, 05:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

DEADPOOL! (cheers to Nano for the vid) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5I4s74Q2WI

Delicious like a chimichanga
7 (14.9%)
SDo0m and Mephisto classy mofos ಠ_ರೃ
9 (19.1%)
OMG A MOD WUT SORCERY IS THIS?!?!
3 (6.4%)
[spoiler]
13 (27.7%)
Seriously Classy Option™ ಠ_ರೃ
7 (14.9%)
wherez vegeeeta?
8 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 47















Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

October 17, 2010, 09:34:12 PM #1 Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 10:36:28 PM by SDo0m InFiNiTy
Future PSAs


Deadpool
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



Tekkaman Blade
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



Dudley
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.




Travis Touchdown
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



Zero (TvC and MvC3 Style)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



Black Knight (Fire Emblem)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Vegeta
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



Cloud Strife V2
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



Groudon
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



Knuckle Joe
[spoiler]Knuckle Joe is tired of being an assist trophy and now wants to join the Brawl as a proper playable character!  Being a powerful hand to hand combat Brawler, he attacks with powerful punches and kicks, and he can chain attacks Rekka style with his Side B, allowing for extended combos at close range.  He's a powerful force on the ground, and that is where you should stick, since his air game is rather terrible.  Now dish out some pain with your knuckles, Joe!

STATS

Character Over - Ness
Size - 4/10 A little larger than Kirby and Metaknight, so overall kinda average
Running Speed - 8/10 Fox level running speed.  Designed to constantly stay on the ground.
Air Speed - 1/10 Abysmal air speed.  Down there with Luigi.  Stick to the ground.
Combo Speed - 7/10 Specific attacks can link to others to create powerful chains.
Priority - 6/10 Fairly average priority.  No where near as good as Kirby's or Metaknight's
Jump Height - 7/10 High jumps so that he has some chance of recovering, but he has a pretty fast fall speed
Power - 7/10 Pretty strong character.  Some moves can pack a real punch like his F Smash.
Weight - 90 (Middleweight)


MOVESET

AA to A Loop - Much like Kirby's combo.  Two punches to the Vulcan Jab.  Pretty standard damage builder.  2+3% +1% for each A loop hit

F Tilt - A decently strong side kick.  Fairly standard with mid level speed, power and knockback with decent reach.  10%

U Tilt - An overhead flick kick much like Fox's U Tilt that's great for juggling.  8%

D Tilt - A low slide kick that pushes Joe forward a bit.  Interesting thing about this move is that it bounces off the foe on contact, making it quite a safe approach move.  5%

Dash Attack - A fierce flying headbutt at the foe.  Fairly slow start-up, but strong and smashes the foe forward.  12%


F Smash - His signature smash punch move.  An overhead slam punch with great power but is fairly slow and has mediocre reach.  18-24%

U Smash - A fairly quick and strong Shoryuken type uppercut.  Good vertical reach.  16-21%

D Smash - A powerful ground pounding attack.  Massive area of effect and a set knockback since it shakes the ground, allowing for  but it only affects enemies on the ground and has slow start-up.  13-18%


N Air - A double fist spin.  Think something along the lines of Lucario's N Air but lasts for less frames and comes out a little slower.  Fairly strong but slow.  11%

F Air - An overhead fist.  Much like Mario's F Air but slower and not quite as effective and it doesn't meteor smash.  13%

B Air - A backward roundhouse.  Comes out fairly quickly comparative to his other aerials, but the hitbox is small and does not last very long at all and is punishable if it misses.  9%

U Air - An upward headbutt like Lucas' but with lower speed and kill potential.  10%

D Air - A double stabbing downward kick much like Falcon's D Air.  Less vertical range so again, not as good.


Neutral B: Vulcan Burst - Joe fires off a single small fireball straight forward (down forward in the air).  Kinda like Lucas' PK Fire in property.  Weak and fairly low range, but comes out pretty quickly.  6%

Side B (ground): Rekka Rush - Now this move is the fundamental part of his gameplay.  This is a short range body blow primarily with pretty low range.  If it lands on th

SDO0M'S PSA AND BRAWLBOX TUTORIALS

This is a series of tutorials made by me, essentially following on from where WackaAlpaca left off.  I hope you enjoy my complete lack of professionalism ^^

Introduction

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqG1Y7h9n-g&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL


Creating a Follow-up Attack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlzffENvBpc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QI0Jel-0Tz4


Creating a Smooth Animation - Demonstration

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ny9K_v5l-CA

Well, I can tell one thing from the screen shots.

Third picture: FIX DOSE GAWDANG HIPS! He looks like he broke his right leg!

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Gonna playtest this now and do a video.

This needs so much more attention it's not even funny.

EDIT: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I tried so hard to do a proper showcase video but there's only so much you can do with WMM. Guess I'll have to see about getting Sony Vegas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSTdelww4OI

My only gripe so far? No Air Joe or Viewtiful Forever.
Feel free to ask for a quick video upload of your hack.
GALOT's moveset ideas, need ideas?
Latest Writeups: Evil Ryu, Amaterasu

Quote from: Velen Zaiga on October 22, 2010, 11:16:48 PM
Well, I can tell one thing from the screen shots.

Third picture: FIX DOSE GAWDANG HIPS! He looks like he broke his right leg!

Yeah that was kind of a difficult thing to do in Brawlbox.  Since this is my first time animating I had a bit of trouble.  But trust me, when playing it in-game you don't really notice it too much ;)

Quote from: Get A Load of This! on October 22, 2010, 11:41:35 PM
Gonna playtest this now and do a video.

This needs so much more attention it's not even funny.

EDIT: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I tried so hard to do a proper showcase video but there's only so much you can do with WMM. Guess I'll have to see about getting Sony Vegas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSTdelww4OI

My only gripe so far? No Air Joe or Viewtiful Forever.

Thanks so much for this video!  I will put it in the OP and download links.  I think I may be able to do Air Joe for the aerial Down B.  It will be a tricky animation to do though ;)

I plan on also adding the VFX powers (Mach Speed and Slow) to the grounded Down B as well, as well as doing some general fixes.

The Viewtiful Joe PSA is great. Although, I think you should tone down on some of his fire graphic effects. I know it looks cool sometimes, but it tends to be a little too much. I don't even remember his red hot kick emanating fire when used, I think it was pink Cherry-bom tree petals.

Quote from: cuckoos on October 23, 2010, 01:31:17 PM
The Viewtiful Joe PSA is great. Although, I think you should tone down on some of his fire graphic effects. I know it looks cool sometimes, but it tends to be a little too much. I don't even remember his red hot kick emanating fire when used, I think it was pink Cherry-bom tree petals.

I agree cherry bom petals would've looked way nicer.  Problem is though, there are no graphics of that sort :-\ 

In a later release however, I could attempt to change some of the external graphic effects to petals.  It would be another learning experience :P

Quote from: SDo0m InCaRnAtI0n on October 23, 2010, 10:09:35 AM
Quote from: Velen Zaiga on October 22, 2010, 11:16:48 PM
Well, I can tell one thing from the screen shots.

Third picture: FIX DOSE GAWDANG HIPS! He looks like he broke his right leg!

Yeah that was kind of a difficult thing to do in Brawlbox.  Since this is my first time animating I had a bit of trouble.  But trust me, when playing it in-game you don't really notice it too much ;)

Quote from: Get A Load of This! on October 22, 2010, 11:41:35 PM
Gonna playtest this now and do a video.

This needs so much more attention it's not even funny.

EDIT: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I tried so hard to do a proper showcase video but there's only so much you can do with WMM. Guess I'll have to see about getting Sony Vegas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSTdelww4OI

My only gripe so far? No Air Joe or Viewtiful Forever.

Thanks so much for this video!  I will put it in the OP and download links.  I think I may be able to do Air Joe for the aerial Down B.  It will be a tricky animation to do though ;)

I plan on also adding the VFX powers (Mach Speed and Slow) to the grounded Down B as well, as well as doing some general fixes.

Actually, even if it is your first time animating, it isn't that hard to make the hips tilt. All you need to do is use the X Rotation and the Z Rotation and have them cancel each other out (Meaning you use the X Rotation to move the model and the Z Rotation to reverse the direction in the same amount), this will cause the hips to start tilting up.

I know this cause I tried to do an anatomically correct roundhouse kick with Falco, and if you look at the roundhouse kick that Captain Falco does with his F-Tilt, his hips also tilt up to accommodate the movement.

It really is a simple fix. After you tilt the hips, tilt the waist up, then the chest, then the head. Then tilt the legs down.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Quote from: Velen Zaiga on October 23, 2010, 03:06:05 PM
Actually, even if it is your first time animating, it isn't that hard to make the hips tilt. All you need to do is use the X Rotation and the Z Rotation and have them cancel each other out (Meaning you use the X Rotation to move the model and the Z Rotation to reverse the direction in the same amount), this will cause the hips to start tilting up.

I know this cause I tried to do an anatomically correct roundhouse kick with Falco, and if you look at the roundhouse kick that Captain Falco does with his F-Tilt, his hips also tilt up to accommodate the movement.

It really is a simple fix. After you tilt the hips, tilt the waist up, then the chest, then the head. Then tilt the legs down.

As a matter of fact I already tried that when I was doing the animation >.>

What seems to happen is that the X and Z axis do exactly the same thing for this animation, so I couldn't actually get the hip to face perpendicular to the ground. 

And besides, there are more important things to be working on as far as this project goes.  I have to prioritize what to do and a slightly wonky animation that is barely noticable when playing in game isn't exactly at the top of the list.

Sorry to sound like a [censored].  I'm kinda frustrated at the moment that's all...

Just tested the PSA and it's definitely for keepers. The B attack should stay the same since VJ is awesome enough to be able to make some viewtiful combos and do tons of stuff to pwn. I even spammed the opponents out of the stage :3 The voomerang should damage more, the down B should have him throw a bomb and the up b should have a tornado hit box effect; it should hit multiple times and pull the opponent in. Try consulting KingJigs for that.

When the B gives you a free 24% for just spamming it in the air, there might be a slight problem. Perhaps just a slightly longer start-up?

Voomerang's actually really good as it is, as a poke for interrupting attacks. That and the fact he can cancel a dash with it to just keep sliding across the stage while throwing projectiles. I'll have to test this more with a live party but it seems like a wonderful approach tool. Maybe too viewtiful?

Air down special can lead to people stalling a match. And that's just terrible. But you said you're changing it...I think...so, hey, that's cool too.

Fun as hell, brb gotta use V. Joe more.
Feel free to ask for a quick video upload of your hack.
GALOT's moveset ideas, need ideas?
Latest Writeups: Evil Ryu, Amaterasu

Quote from: SDo0m InCaRnAtI0n on October 23, 2010, 04:34:50 PM
Quote from: Velen Zaiga on October 23, 2010, 03:06:05 PM
Actually, even if it is your first time animating, it isn't that hard to make the hips tilt. All you need to do is use the X Rotation and the Z Rotation and have them cancel each other out (Meaning you use the X Rotation to move the model and the Z Rotation to reverse the direction in the same amount), this will cause the hips to start tilting up.

I know this cause I tried to do an anatomically correct roundhouse kick with Falco, and if you look at the roundhouse kick that Captain Falco does with his F-Tilt, his hips also tilt up to accommodate the movement.

It really is a simple fix. After you tilt the hips, tilt the waist up, then the chest, then the head. Then tilt the legs down.

As a matter of fact I already tried that when I was doing the animation >.>

What seems to happen is that the X and Z axis do exactly the same thing for this animation, so I couldn't actually get the hip to face perpendicular to the ground. 

And besides, there are more important things to be working on as far as this project goes.  I have to prioritize what to do and a slightly wonky animation that is barely noticable when playing in game isn't exactly at the top of the list.

Sorry to sound like a [censored].  I'm kinda frustrated at the moment that's all...
Quote from: SDo0m InCaRnAtI0n on October 23, 2010, 04:34:50 PM
Quote from: Velen Zaiga on October 23, 2010, 03:06:05 PM
Actually, even if it is your first time animating, it isn't that hard to make the hips tilt. All you need to do is use the X Rotation and the Z Rotation and have them cancel each other out (Meaning you use the X Rotation to move the model and the Z Rotation to reverse the direction in the same amount), this will cause the hips to start tilting up.

I know this cause I tried to do an anatomically correct roundhouse kick with Falco, and if you look at the roundhouse kick that Captain Falco does with his F-Tilt, his hips also tilt up to accommodate the movement.

It really is a simple fix. After you tilt the hips, tilt the waist up, then the chest, then the head. Then tilt the legs down.

As a matter of fact I already tried that when I was doing the animation >.>

What seems to happen is that the X and Z axis do exactly the same thing for this animation, so I couldn't actually get the hip to face perpendicular to the ground. 

And besides, there are more important things to be working on as far as this project goes.  I have to prioritize what to do and a slightly wonky animation that is barely noticable when playing in game isn't exactly at the top of the list.

Sorry to sound like a [censored].  I'm kinda frustrated at the moment that's all...

-and that is exactly the thing you exploit to get it to work. After you make them like that, the Y-Rotation starts rotating the character on a vertical axis rather than horizontally.

Trust me, when I tried making the animation I mentioned, it started getting on my nerves too.

I would recommend making the animation in BBoxV0.62b.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

I got that version already. I don't have the ability to actually show the model though :'( =_=

Ok I've decided to construct a nice big changelist.  I'll post it here first, then I may move it to the OP later but here it is:

1) Animation Tweaks:
Minor:
-Edit the 3 AAA attacks
-Edit the U Tilt
-Edit the U Smash
-Edit the F Air

Major:
-Change the Side B (air and ground)
-Change the Down B (air and ground)
-Add animations for Taunts and Win poses
-Add animations for Mach Speed and Slow initiations

Rebalancing:
-Lower both his running and air speed
-Lower the power of his D Smash
-Increase the power of his U Smash
-Make it so the Red Hot Kick cannot be followed up until the end of the flipping animation (if it connects)
-Make the Voomerang reflectable (maybe)

Large Moveset Changes
- Add Mach Speed and Slow to Down B (if Joe takes hits, he goes to Mach Speed, if he deals them he goes to Slow)
- Replace current Down B with Shocking Pink Bomb (generate recoloured Toon Link Bomb)

Graphics and Vertex Changes
- Vertex the Toon Link Boomerang into a Voomerang. (DONE)
- Alter/reduce some of the fire graphics
- External graphic swap some of Falcon's graphics with Peach's graphics (for cherry boms etc)
- Vertex the Blue Falcon into the Six Machine

Long list I know but there's a lot to do.  Not to mention that I'm trying to juggle this with another PSA project that I'm currently doing.  Thinking about it I'm wondering if it's even worth doing >.>