SDo0m's Dark Void: Deadpool Release (pg 512)! Major thanks to Mephisto!

Started by SiLeNtDo0m, October 12, 2010, 05:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

DEADPOOL! (cheers to Nano for the vid) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5I4s74Q2WI

Delicious like a chimichanga
7 (14.9%)
SDo0m and Mephisto classy mofos ಠ_ರೃ
9 (19.1%)
OMG A MOD WUT SORCERY IS THIS?!?!
3 (6.4%)
[spoiler]
13 (27.7%)
Seriously Classy Option™ ಠ_ರೃ
7 (14.9%)
wherez vegeeeta?
8 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Here's the CSP for Shadow:



I'm gonna recolour it in other colours as well.  It's gonna be kinda tricky to make it look nice though :P

With Fame comes Fans.. But Eh what can you do about it ;).. Just enjoy it!! :D
FC:4898-8419-2778



I found these somewhere on my PC in my Brawl CSP Folder.
Although, they're a bit sloppy, so I don't know if you want to use em'.
If you turn to your left, you'll see that I have left.

Quote from: SDo0m InCaRnAtI0n on December 26, 2010, 12:26:53 PM
It's interesting looking at all the different opinions of Shadow.  Some say he needs buffing in some areas, some say he's fine the way he is.  I really don't know what to do @.@  I think it's really about knowing his playstyle.  Although his smashes are not that much stronger than Sonic's smashes in terms of knockback (more damage though, but slower), he (unlike Sonic) has two effective meteor smashes to use (F Air and D Air).  Here're some handy things to know about Shadow:

- He has quite a few moves that can demolish shields, the most prominent one being his Chaos Rift.  2/3 Chaos Rifts are automatic shield breakers, allowing you to follow up with a fully charged D Smash or F Smash to land the finishing blow fairly early

- If you can gain some spacing between you and your opponent, make sure to use the Weapon Spawn taunt.  Even the grenade does a decent 11%.

- Remember that both his Side B and Down B can be cancelled into his Up B, assisting his overall recovery significantly.

He may not be as fast as Sonic on some fronts, but he makes up for that with decent priority, great range and decent power.

Weapon spawn is really only good against computers, humans aren't so dumb to wait, and he doesn't have any attacks that can send enemies away quickly and he's not that fast so he can't really run away from characters and make enough distance, I don't find myself using it ever against a human player

Chaos Rift is good but I don't use it often because of it's lag time if you miss, it's just easy to sidestep behind him and attack, I wouldn't change this attack I'm just saying it's not a move to throw out often

Side B to Up B recovery does help, but it has to be canceled fairly early from what I've tried so it's not like an insane recovery boost, but it's fine

His priority is fine

His range is iffy, some attacks like side-tilt should have more range, that swiping graphic should have a hitbox, otherwise your have to be right next to the opponent to get it to hit, if you extended the range it could be a great poking move, but as it is now with it's small range it's useless

And other than that his arms and legs and overall body is short so I'm not sure what you mean by good range when comparing him to other characters like marth, shiek, link, ike, even ganondorf and c. falcon

His power is fine for the most part, the problem is pulling off his powerful moves, it's nearly impossible with the startup lag on all his smashes, the thing is that you can notice him about to do a smash attack, and then there's a lag time before he throws out the attack, think about other characters how when you smash the c-stick, an attack is thrown out right away, the attack itself may not be fast but there's no real startup time(except for very powerful characters like Bowser and Ganon but Shadow's not that strong) and it's weaker, but the way you have it now, Shadow clearly choreographs his move, then has startup lag even on 0% charge then he throws it out, against a human player, it's impossible to hit with any of his smashes unless you set it up with hitlag which is only possible with codesets like Brawl+ and even then it's incredibly difficult

In short, he doesn't have any powerful attacks that are reliable, which is why I find it so hard to kill opponents, especially human players, all his smash attacks are useless because of the startup lag even on 0% charge, Shadow's not powerful enough to justify this startup lag, what you should do is for 0% charge have there be very little startup lag, think like shiek's downsmash so you can have a reliable window to hit with these moves

It's fun to use him, but it's frustrating if you want to win

Quote from: Nuke on December 28, 2010, 06:51:04 PM
With Fame comes Fans.. But Eh what can you do about it ;).. Just enjoy it!! :D

"Fans" is one word for it :-\

As I said before, can't wait to do Deadpool.  It'll be less popular but better since Deadpool is win and the animations will be awesome (if the moonwalk can turn out great, everything else can)

Quote from: SDo0m InCaRnAtI0n on December 28, 2010, 07:59:36 PM
Quote from: Nuke on December 28, 2010, 06:51:04 PM
With Fame comes Fans.. But Eh what can you do about it ;).. Just enjoy it!! :D

"Fans" is one word for it :-\

As I said before, can't wait to do Deadpool.  It'll be less popular but better since Deadpool is win and the animations will be awesome (if the moonwalk can turn out great, everything else can)
At least you're not getting Fan"girls" :oshi:

Can't wait for Deadpool too.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
But of course you already knew this ;)

Quote from: SDo0m InCaRnAtI0n on December 28, 2010, 06:38:02 PM
Here's the CSP for Shadow:



I'm gonna recolour it in other colours as well.  It's gonna be kinda tricky to make it look nice though :P

Oh, that's okay, I guess....

Quote from: Ct.OWN on December 28, 2010, 08:15:02 PM
Quote from: SDo0m InCaRnAtI0n on December 28, 2010, 07:59:36 PM
Quote from: Nuke on December 28, 2010, 06:51:04 PM
With Fame comes Fans.. But Eh what can you do about it ;).. Just enjoy it!! :D

"Fans" is one word for it :-\

As I said before, can't wait to do Deadpool.  It'll be less popular but better since Deadpool is win and the animations will be awesome (if the moonwalk can turn out great, everything else can)
At least you're not getting Fan"girls" :oshi:

Can't wait for Deadpool too.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
But of course you already knew this ;)

The Moonwalk was already done a while ago XD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0fK-2OH3mw


I've done all the CSPs and recolours now for Shadow (still need to do Hyper Shadow though...).  Here're the CSPs ^^:




Quote from: SDo0m InCaRnAtI0n on December 29, 2010, 12:48:04 AM
I've done all the CSPs and recolours now for Shadow (still need to do Hyper Shadow though...).  Here're the CSPs ^^:




Wow, these are awesome. I lol'ed at the dark Shadow one  :laugh:

Quote from: SDo0m InCaRnAtI0n on December 29, 2010, 12:48:04 AM
I've done all the CSPs and recolours now for Shadow (still need to do Hyper Shadow though...).  Here're the CSPs ^^:




Pretty good, I'll say.
If you turn to your left, you'll see that I have left.

Ugh, see this is what I mean, after using chaos rift 5 times and getting hit back before the move ended, I finally broke Wolf's shield, then I hit him with a full charged upsmash, Wolf was at 180% AND HE DIDNT DIE

You need to buff this guy, unless I meteor smash someone off the edge I can't kill anyone until around 250% because all the strong attacks are easily block or dodged then countered

Quote from: Sanitys Theif on December 29, 2010, 03:06:22 AM
Ugh, see this is what I mean, after using chaos rift 5 times and getting hit back before the move ended, I finally broke Wolf's shield, then I hit him with a full charged upsmash, Wolf was at 180% AND HE DIDNT DIE

You need to buff this guy, unless I meteor smash someone off the edge I can't kill anyone until around 250% because all the strong attacks are easily block or dodged then countered

Sounds to me like Perfect Shadow needs a V2...or something.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

I wonder what Dark Hyper Shadow looks like?