SDo0m's Dark Void: Deadpool Release (pg 512)! Major thanks to Mephisto!

Started by SiLeNtDo0m, October 12, 2010, 05:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

DEADPOOL! (cheers to Nano for the vid) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5I4s74Q2WI

Delicious like a chimichanga
7 (14.9%)
SDo0m and Mephisto classy mofos ಠ_ರೃ
9 (19.1%)
OMG A MOD WUT SORCERY IS THIS?!?!
3 (6.4%)
[spoiler]
13 (27.7%)
Seriously Classy Option™ ಠ_ರೃ
7 (14.9%)
wherez vegeeeta?
8 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 47

February 03, 2011, 03:04:25 AM #945 Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 03:35:31 AM by _Data_Drain_
Alright... I'm still testing by the way, but here's a few things I notice, his jab could use a little start up lag, since it has so much range, and very little end lag... It seems a little too good in a way.

Down air needs end lag, or a sweet spot, like at the edge of the sword, and the sour spot just knocks them to the side... Maybe.

Should neutral air have a little end lag too? It has huge range, and high combobility... It might need some end lag.

Down and up smash's hit boxes stay for a rather good bit, seems a little odd... But then again, this is your PSA, so if that was your intention, you can leave it if you want.

...The secret taunt is made of win. :P

Well, off to see if there's anymore things that need changing, it's really well done though, just needs a little tweaking... But it's a lot better then .Fade's though. :)

One more thing, thanks for the read me, most people don't really give tips for playing their PSAs... So, a read me is a nice change of pace.

How do you spawn the Pineapple? I haven't really messed around with the taunts all

Quote from: SmashClash on February 03, 2011, 03:09:32 AM
How do you spawn the Pineapple? I haven't really messed around with the taunts all
Wait for my video to upload.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Well... It would kinda take out the fun in finding it... But...
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: _Data_Drain_ on February 03, 2011, 03:33:03 AM
Well... It would kinda take out the fun in finding it... But...
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Actually, no offense, but you're wrong. It's down then up.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: KingJigglypuff on February 03, 2011, 03:37:33 AM
Quote from: _Data_Drain_ on February 03, 2011, 03:33:03 AM
Well... It would kinda take out the fun in finding it... But...
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Actually, no offense, but you're wrong. It's down then up.
Oh... Well... Hm... You're right...

Ok, I'll try it tomorrow...
So what does it do? Just spawn a pineapple above his head? [/end?]
I want more taunt combos involving other stuff, SDo0m, that's cool.

Quote from: SmashClash on February 03, 2011, 03:54:29 AM
Ok, I'll try it tomorrow...
So what does it do? Just spawn a pineapple above his head? [/end?]
I want more taunt combos involving other stuff, SDo0m, that's cool.
Yeah, it just spawns a pineapple, nothing more, a nice shiny pineapple for your foe to bask in!

Ok, I managed to ditch my girlfriend, I saw the PSA was out for a while, took me time to ditch her, I gotta try this now!

Well I tried it and... I am astonished. This is much better than you're Shadow in my opinion. It feels like cloud, very combo-able, and fun as hell to play as. Some parts are more balanced than others though. Don't. Change. Too. Much. I am currently loving it, even more than .Fades. Wasn't expecting that.

Some things that I think could be changed (sorry it is a bit long, but at least it's specific):
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Overall some pretty small changes. Seriously though, I am loving this. This is much better than the rest of your PSAs. I have a ton of positive things to say about this; I will probably review this in entirety after the final is released.


Import Thread | Music Thread

I am trying to sell all my old pokemon and Yugioh cards; I had a hell of a collection of the latter especially. Message me if you are interested in purchasing any.

February 03, 2011, 05:08:53 AM #955 Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 05:53:39 AM by _Data_Drain_
Quote from: EnigmaticCafeMocha on February 03, 2011, 04:46:14 AM
Well I tried it and... I am astonished. This is much better than you're Shadow in my opinion. It feels like cloud, very combo-able, and fun as hell to play as. Some parts are more balanced than others though. Don't. Change. Too. Much. I am currently loving it, even more than .Fades. Wasn't expecting that.

Some things that I think could be changed (sorry it is a bit long, but at least it's specific):
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Overall some pretty small changes. Seriously though, I am loving this. This is much better than the rest of your PSAs. I have a ton of positive things to say about this; I will probably review this in entirety after the final is released.
You made some points I didn't in my feedback, nice job. :)

You are right though, I noticed side B doing that... But yeah, as you said, he only needs minor changes.

...On a random note, his fire ball becomes water when Cloud is in water... Like Mewtwo2000's FoD stage... Boiling water.
XD

But, on Robz's Snow level... It becomes invisible... But if I recall right, this can't be fixed...

Quote from: _Data_Drain_ on February 03, 2011, 05:08:53 AM
Quote from: EnigmaticCafeMocha on February 03, 2011, 04:46:14 AM
Well I tried it and... I am astonished. This is much better than you're Shadow in my opinion. It feels like cloud, very combo-able, and fun as hell to play as. Some parts are more balanced than others though. Don't. Change. Too. Much. I am currently loving it, even more than .Fades. Wasn't expecting that.

Some things that I think could be changed (sorry it is a bit long, but at least it's specific):
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Overall some pretty small changes. Seriously though, I am loving this. This is much better than the rest of your PSAs. I have a ton of positive things to say about this; I will probably review this in entirety after the final is released.
You made some points I didn't in my feedback, nice job. :)

You are right though, I noticed side B doing that... But yeah, as you said, he only needs minor changes.

...On a random note, his fire ball becomes water when Cloud is in water... Like Mewtwo2000's FoD stage... Boiling water.
XD

But, on Robz's Snow level... It becomes invisible... But if I recall right, this can't be fixed...

I don't think so.

That happened to me one time, I was using Naruto over water, and it looked like I was using a Mist Ninja.

February 03, 2011, 07:48:05 AM #957 Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 04:02:47 PM by Sanitys_Theif
Tested out the new Cloud PSA... I'm using this one lol

Test video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKSt0tg80R8


This PSA is AWESOME!!!

Quote from: EnigmaticCafeMocha on February 03, 2011, 04:46:14 AM


-Up smashes are meant to hit opponents above you, and Cloud's doesn't really reach far up. Also the lightning bolt looks kinda plain, not a big deal though. I feel it could also use some small startup lag. With the C stick it is practically instant. Not too much, just a few more frames of startup

-Does he even have waits? I left him and all he did was his resting breathing thing. No animations. I waited quite a while, and the other character did theirs

-Taunts are very plain. I forgot to try for the Pineapple though... it should be a mango though.

-Aerial Down B is kinda odd. After you hit them you fly very far diagonally upwards. I understand this is probably to recover after edgeguarding, but it is still very far. If you aren't edgeguarding it really messes up your flow. Maybe half the distance, but restore double jump and up B to assist recovering from edgeguarding?

-Down and neutral aerial A's should have a small bit of added endlag

-Side B sometimes went through the person, but still hit them, and kept going until its max distance

-Could Meteorain be controlled by the stick than the pad? It feels unnatural, but this really isn't a big deal





These are the points I mostly agree with, I don't want to change this PSA too much, it's awesome as it is. Though...

AAA combo could use some startup lag, slightly less damage, and have a bit more knockback. At lower percents the opponent barely moves at all. It seems too good.

^ AAA combos are supposed to be fast, better have it with less damage and more knockback, rather than slower.