Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: DEADPOOL! (cheers to Nano for the vid)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5I4s74Q2WI" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5I4s74Q2WI</a>
Delicious like a chimichanga - 7 (14.9%)
SDo0m and Mephisto classy mofos ಠ_ರೃ - 9 (19.1%)
OMG A MOD WUT SORCERY IS THIS?!?! - 3 (6.4%)
- 13 (27.7%)
Seriously Classy Option™ ಠ_ರೃ - 7 (14.9%)
wherez vegeeeta? - 8 (17%)
Total Voters: 47

Pages:  1 ... 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 ... 515
Author Topic: SDo0m's Dark Void: Deadpool Release (pg 512)! Major thanks to Mephisto!  (Read 1788141 times)
Master_Ryuk
Extreme Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #1935 on: April 09, 2011, 01:34:25 AM »

It seems that all the comments always come in when I'm asleep XD (timezone fail).  Anyways, by the looks of it, methinks we're making progress here.  I was hoping that number 5 would work and it does.  And I think I've realised what I've done as regards to the Entry.  Every character has this event called Character Specific 17 at the beginning and end of the Entry.  I forgot to include it before but I've included it now.  I've also removed the Entry and removed all the FitCaptain.pac files except number 5 (and renamed that FitCaptain.pac).  

The next release will also have a couple of balance tweaks as well.  Re-re-re-re-re download will be up soon XD
Niiiiceeeee....

SiLeNtDo0m
Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1936 on: April 09, 2011, 02:00:59 AM »

There're two more glitches found.  These even applies to me.  

1) The first is what 2DaMax said.  In training mode, the two Falcon's will repel away from each other at the start for some odd reason.  However, this only happens right at the beginning as soon as you start training mode.  As soon as one of them moves, they will not repel away from each other

2) The second is that whenever two Falcon's enter the match, the game freezes just as the second one enters and the first goes into a Waiting pose.  

I'll need to look into this.  I'm actually pretty sure this time it actually involves the Wait animations rather than the Entry.  I'm editing it as we speak Wink

EDIT: SUC-FREAKIN-CESS!!!  I've fixed both of these problems!  The first was an easy fix.  Just need to remove some Aesthetic Win I accidently put in there.  The second was trickier.  It actually didn't involve the GFX at all.  It involved the absence of the Blue Falcon.  In the old FitCaptainMotionEtc.pac there was no Blue Falcon (it was just a tiny mdl0 file that ForOhForError had supplied for V1 release) but now it's in the file and instead of removing it, I edited the FitCaptainEntry.pac animations to make it super small (i.e. invisible) and now it works!  This should hopefully mean that it will work for you guys too!  I'll upload the fix asap.

EDIT 2: Updated the download link AGAIN.  This time let's hope that it works completely so I can actually get to work on the full release (I've done one taunt so far XD).  The balance tweaks I've made are sort of minor:

- Up Smash has slightly larger hitboxes
    - Air Joe's early heavy armour has been tweaked (it used to be about 7% that lasted for the entire animation but now it's 10% that only lasts for 8 frames)
    - Fixed (hopefully) the rumble on the U Tilt (not too sure though, since I play on Dolphin with a keyboard I can't tell with rumbles).

« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 03:23:13 AM by SDo0m CoRrUpTi0n » Logged

Akiba Red
    Lol Kitten

AOI CHAN

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1937 on: April 09, 2011, 08:20:55 AM »

Yay......gonna go try this then...

Plak
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1938 on: April 09, 2011, 09:32:59 AM »

So, I did some more experimentation for God Hand and it's pretty promising :
    * Whenever CF uses its Up B, the enemy will execute whatever's written in Subaction 19C (SpecialHiCapture).
    * In Subaction 6C, changing the action parameter of catch collisions from 3D to CF ( Awesome Face ) will force the opponent to execute 19C as soon as it is normal-grabbed.
    * Modifying Falco's grab the exact same way freeze the game. Looks like only the captain can use 0X000000CF awesomeness.
    * Ganon can do the same : action E8 triggers Subaction 1AF (GanonSpecialHiCapture).
    * Copypasting code from the Catch Subaction into AttackLw3 doesn't do anything  Tongue

I also tried your last upload and everything works fine, so i guess it's feedback time :
    * Air Joe should be Neutral B and Red Hot Kick should be Down B, it currently fells like they were mixed up.
    * Air Joe should have less hit lag, it's weird to see it combo fast in the air but so much slower when you're actually hitting something. I know about SDI but it's not like it's inescapable without it (it connects badly against even Training Mode, non-attacking CPUs)
    * Shocking Pink Bomb's animation needs some tweaking. Yeah, more easily said than done as I know bouncing is hard to animate Undecided  Other than that, it's pretty awesome.
    * Dair looks like one of those high risk, high reward move but it's currently unusable off the stage as it's very hard to recover from it and has little kill potential. It could for example spike at the very beginning of the animation, drag the opponent down a little otherwise and be cancelable earlier.
    *Up B feels kinda... rigid ? Maybe add some maneuverability, upward momentum at the end and widen the window for inputing a second punch ?
    * What I like about your work is that you don't overuse GFX as many do and your characters blend with the original cast. However, I feel some of Joe's moves are too much graphic-heavy. It's bomb's explosion is a little too big and doesn't fit its hitbox, it's Dair is much too flashy (I guess wind is fine but it should be much smaller), as well as its Up B, but that might be because you had to switch them in order to prevent freezing.
    * Oh, and yeah, it's so obviously made of pure awesomeviewtifulness that I won't comment it to prevent this thread from asploding.
    « Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 10:02:26 AM by Plak » Logged

SSJCerious
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Famous Hacker KCMM Veteran

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1939 on: April 09, 2011, 09:49:25 AM »

COMPLAINT TIME!!! Cheesy
    * Air Joe should be Neutral B and Red Hot Kick should be Down B, it currently fells like they were mixed up [/endcopypastafromPlak]
    * When V.Joe kicks the Shocking Pink bomb, it feels like it needs some kinds, oomph to it XD. IDK, maybe if he made a more exxagerated motion too the kick.
    *  Like Plak said, the bomb's explosion is a little too big and doesn't fit its hitbox.
    * Up B needs some kinda oomph to it, it doesnt seem powerful enough (im prob. using it wrong though)

Other than that, Im really loving this revamp! ^_^

EDIT: Also, the UpB for joe isnt very fluent (although I think thats a unfixiable problem)
    « Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 09:52:14 AM by SSJCerious » Logged

Thanks to soul for this sexy siggy!
    Central Thread:
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=21501.msg402601#msg402601

SiLeNtDo0m
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

« Reply #1940 on: April 09, 2011, 10:07:06 AM »

So, I did some more experimentation for God Hand and it's pretty promising :
    * Whenever CF uses its Up B, the enemy will execute whatever's written in Subaction 19C (SpecialHiCapture).
    * In Subaction 6C, changing the action parameter of catch collisions from 3D to CF ( Awesome Face ) will force the opponent to execute 19C as soon as it is normal-grabbed.
    * Modifying Falco's grab the exact same way freeze the game. Looks like only the captain can use 0X000000CF awesomeness.
    * Ganon can do the same : action E8 triggers Subaction 1AF (GanonSpecialHiCapture).
    * Copypasting code from the Catch Subaction into AttackLw3 doesn't do anything  Tongue

That's pretty awesome o.o  I loled at CF  Even PSA is aware of Falcon's awesomeness XD

I also tried your last upload and everything works fine, so i guess it's feedback time :
    * Air Joe should be Neutral B and Red Hot Kick should be Down B, it currently fells like they were mixed up.
    * Air Joe should have less hit lag, it's weird to see it combo fast in the air but so much slower when you're actually hitting something. I know about SDI but it's not like it's inescapable without it (it connects badly against even Training Mode, non-attacking CPUs)
    * Shocking Pink Bomb's animation needs some tweaking. Yeah, more easily said than done as I know bouncing is hard to animate Undecided  Other than that, it's pretty awesome.
    * Dair looks like one of those high risk, high reward move but it's currently unusable off the stage as it's very hard to recover from it and has little kill potential. It could for example spike at the very beginning of the animation, drag the opponent down a little otherwise and be cancelable earlier.
    * What I like about your work is that you don't overuse GFX as many do and your characters blend with the original cast. However, I feel some of Joe's moves are too much graphic-heavy. It's bomb's explosion is a little too big and doesn't fit its hitbox, it's Dair is much too flashy (I guess wind is fine but it should be much smaller), as well as its Up B, but that might be because you had to switch them in order to prevent freezing.

1) I might do, but I'm not too sure.  I see where you're coming from, but I personally got used to it (mainly because the Neutral B of V.Joe V1 was Red Hot Kick).  Still I may change it though.

2) Done and done.  

3) I think what may help to enhance it would be to actually have impact waves for when it hits the ground.  That way, the bomb will look more like it's bouncing.

4) It is actually possible to spike with that move, but the spike sweetspot is in such an obscure place that it's almost impossible to hit.  I'll change it so that it spikes everywhere on the move.

5) I'll alter the size of the bomb explosion a tiny bit.  As for the D Air, I never really liked how much wind comes out.  It's based off the move in Viewtiful Joe where you use Zoom whilst falling to shoot down link a pink rocket.  I haven't really been able to get the wind to the right size yet as well.  Trial and error I guess.

COMPLAINT TIME!!! Cheesy
    * Air Joe should be Neutral B and Red Hot Kick should be Down B, it currently fells like they were mixed up [/endcopypastafromPlak]
    * When V.Joe kicks the Shocking Pink bomb, it feels like it needs some kinds, oomph to it XD. IDK, maybe if he made a more exxagerated motion too the kick.
    *  Like Plak said, the bomb's explosion is a little too big and doesn't fit its hitbox.
    * Up B needs some kinda oomph to it, it doesnt seem powerful enough (im prob. using it wrong though)

Other than that, Im really loving this revamp! ^_^

EDIT: Also, the UpB for joe isnt very fluent (although I think thats a unfixiable problem)

1) Same as before XD

2) I'll try but it'll be tricky to get it right.  I can't promise it'll look particularly great since Joe doesn't really kick the bomb very hard in Viewtiful Joe, TvC or MvC3.

3) Same again

4) It's not designed to be strong.  It's designed for recovery primarily.  Most recovery moves in Brawl aren't very strong (for the exception of a couple like Luigi's)

5) You're right it's not really fixable.  I wanted him to spin during the ascent.  It worked alright for going straight up, but the other two directions it didn't really work for.

Thanks for the feedback guys.  Nitpicking on fine details like that generally means I'm doing a good job right?

Naruto200Man
    Badace Kitten

Guy: Go fourth and Brawl! Lee: Yes Guy Sensei!

• Awards Hot Topic Heart Container Dedicated Hacker KCMM Veteran

« Reply #1941 on: April 09, 2011, 10:12:24 AM »

COMPLAINT TIME! V2

DEADPOOL!@ DX

lol
    kidding sd Tongue

We will wait as long as it takes, I'm sure wade would love it >=D

_Data_Drain_
    Master of the Dark Matter
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards 2012 SSBB Tournament Runner-Up Fiery Topic Good Citizen Ceiling Cat

« Reply #1942 on: April 09, 2011, 10:30:25 AM »

Hm... It's hard to give your stuff feedback, since you do a good job the first time, however, I have found a few things...

His up smash seems kinda laggy, and takes longer to get to a kill percent then forward smash... Down B in the air is easy to DI out of...

And...

Honestly, I need to play him more, that's all that comes at the top of my head.
    XD

Edit:
    As others have said, down B air, and neutral B air should be switched, it feels awkward the way it is now.

Oh! One more thing, I got attacked in the middle of side tilt, before I could land the second hit.
    « Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 10:56:07 AM by _Data_Drain_ » Logged

3DS FC: 1762-2823-8581

Wii-U ID: Data-Drain Mii Name: Jiro

SMM Stages: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/Data-Drain

Plak
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1943 on: April 09, 2011, 10:40:55 AM »

like that generally means I'm doing a good job right?

Exactly, and I actually edited my post while you were typing Wink

About Up B, I think it would feel much better with some maneuverability during the punch (just like CF doesn't have to follow a straight path with its Up B, and you already did it for Cloud) and a wider window for inputing the second punch so that you can delay it (and for example move a little bit backward during said delay). It also needs some upward momentum as the move ends, so that it's easier to recover from right below the ledge. During my testing, I often got stuck below Final Destination...

SSJCerious
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Famous Hacker KCMM Veteran

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1944 on: April 09, 2011, 11:08:36 AM »

Thanks for the feedback guys.  Nitpicking on fine details like that generally means I'm doing a good job right?
    Exact-
    Dammit, beaten to it by Plak again!! XD
    Also, @Plak
    I think that's impossible (thats what I meant by the UpB not being fluent, but not being fixable either)

Thanks to soul for this sexy siggy!
    Central Thread:
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=21501.msg402601#msg402601

SiLeNtDo0m
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

« Reply #1945 on: April 09, 2011, 11:11:25 AM »

Exactly, and I actually edited my post while you were typing Wink

About Up B, I think it would feel much better with some maneuverability during the punch (just like CF doesn't have to follow a straight path with its Up B, and you already did it for Cloud) and a wider window for inputing the second punch so that you can delay it (and for example move a little bit backward during said delay). It also needs some upward momentum as the move ends, so that it's easier to recover from right below the ledge. During my testing, I often got stuck below Final Destination...

The Up B is supposed to function somewhat like Pikachu's or Fox's Up B in the fact that you can only control it's direction (in this case, there are only 3 directions to pick from).  It wouldn't feel right with any sort of additional momentum control and it wouldn't hold true to the game. And what you said is much easier said then done.  The reason why Cloud is able to move left and right is because of a set module from Ike.  It works differently for Falcon.  However, I will largen the frame window before inputting the second punch.

His up smash seems kinda laggy, and takes longer to get to a kill percent then forward smash...

Down B in the air is easy to DI out of...

Oh! One more thing, I got attacked in the middle of side tilt, before I could land the second hit.

1) Actually you're wrong there mate XD  The U Smash comes out after 9 frames whilst the F Smash comes out after 15.  However, the U Smash does interrupt 3 frames later.

2) Deliberate.  I had already said before that I wanted to make the Air Joe easy to DI out of so that it wasn't ridiculously good at trapping and so it couldn't be spammed.

3) I've changed that move completely (both hits of it).  I never liked it how it was before.  It seemed too stiff.  Now it's much better.

As for the Neutral B and Down B switch, it's not gonna happen.  Switching them takes effort and time that I not only can't be asked to put in, but also it'll mean that I'll have to go an switch the names and positions of all the subactions for the specials (when it comes to PSAs, I have to have it all neat and orderly otherwise I get confused XD.  It's one of the reasons I'm kinda reluctant to go back to Shadow.  I structured his specials poorly)  And besides I got used to it, and I use the trashiest button layout known to man (keyboard is not for Brawl).  Over time it's something you'll get used to (trust me) and if for some reason you don't.....well tough XD

DoctorFlux(Mariodk)
    Never Gonna Give You Up

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Heart Container KCMM 2012 Awards Winner >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1946 on: April 09, 2011, 11:12:53 AM »

you can use my Up-B on my Goku for can control teleports for your´s Shadow Cheesy
    thats what i will do for mine ShadowKong next version and next version of Shadow over Marth(hopefully it will work now Cheesy)
    « Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 11:15:02 AM by The Danish Mario » Logged

I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

_Data_Drain_
    Master of the Dark Matter
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards 2012 SSBB Tournament Runner-Up Fiery Topic Good Citizen Ceiling Cat

« Reply #1947 on: April 09, 2011, 11:21:42 AM »

Still though, I feel like the up smash is a lot weaker then forward smash, it might have a few less frames of start up, it doesn't really have a lot of reward for landing it... As a matter of fact, if you land it at low percentage, you can get punished for it...

At least I think I got hit right after landing it, and was still in the lag frames.

Edit:
    Okay, I found a good use for Air Joe... After the down B, you can combo with it nicely... That is, if you hit with down B... And that move is hard to land, and for good reason. Tongue

Edit 2:
    Okay, I think I get up smash's deal now, it has a disjointed hit box... Alright, so it's a okay anti air move.
    « Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 11:50:37 AM by _Data_Drain_ » Logged

3DS FC: 1762-2823-8581

Wii-U ID: Data-Drain Mii Name: Jiro

SMM Stages: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/Data-Drain

Ninka_kiwi
    Holy Kitten

Burn my Dread

• Awards 16-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1948 on: April 09, 2011, 12:03:41 PM »

For those complaining about air joe you can just press neutral B after you pressed the down B to keep going with the attack...

Overall Joe is fun to play as.

A question I had was is the voomarang going to be chargeable in the final versionso that it could have homing properties like in MvC3?

SiLeNtDo0m
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

« Reply #1949 on: April 09, 2011, 12:08:58 PM »

For those complaining about air joe you can just press neutral B after you pressed the down B to keep going with the attack...

Overall Joe is fun to play as.

A question I had was is the voomarang going to be chargeable in the final versionso that it could have homing properties like in MvC3?

Nope since one I've actually run out of subactions to use (I could make more subroutines, but that's effort) and two homing properties are impossible to do.  It's possible to make a move controllable (like what DO did with his Sephiroth's Side B), but never homing.  The only projectile in the game with homing properties is Samus' missile and those properties cannot be transferred at the moment (only editing in hex).

It would've been a nice idea though Smiley

Pages:  1 ... 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 ... 515
    Print
    Jump to: