SDo0m's Dark Void: Deadpool Release (pg 512)! Major thanks to Mephisto!

Started by SiLeNtDo0m, October 12, 2010, 05:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

DEADPOOL! (cheers to Nano for the vid) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5I4s74Q2WI

Delicious like a chimichanga
7 (14.9%)
SDo0m and Mephisto classy mofos ಠ_ರೃ
9 (19.1%)
OMG A MOD WUT SORCERY IS THIS?!?!
3 (6.4%)
[spoiler]
13 (27.7%)
Seriously Classy Option™ ಠ_ರೃ
7 (14.9%)
wherez vegeeeta?
8 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 47

April 30, 2011, 07:06:49 AM #2475 Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 09:32:04 AM by SDo0m BuShIn
Quote from: EnigmaticSpirit on April 30, 2011, 06:57:53 AM
My quick review of Joe, not going to be too long, but detailed enough to point out all the major things.

Pros
+Actually balanced. Not "balanced for a PSA." Just balanced. A first for you in my opinion, so congrats. Aim for this from now on. You have advanced quite a bit.
+Not super-human recovery like some of your past psa's. Still good recovery though, which is nice
+Unique moveset with versatility and wonderful aerial combat potential
+Really smooth and quality animations

Cons
-I experienced a glitch several times where after doing the ground downB, no matter where the opponent was on the stage, they would be catapulted off screen, stay there frozen for a few seconds, then die.
-I still think how he handles on ground is disproportionate to how he is in the air. I got pretty used to it, but it was fairly jarring at first.
-Some attacks were hard to see what were happening because of effects covering them. I couldnt tell his upB was an uppercut til I read your notes. Also the downB had a big flash that made it hard to tell he was comboing. Not too bad, just worth noting.

Overall this was a very well made PSA, and it is in fact balanced. Not balanced for a PSA, but actually balanced. Bravo. It was fairly hard to come up with flaws for this one. I think that I personally prefer having Captain Falcon, but that is really just a personal preference. This is definitly one of the best PSA's made, and the skill and quality of it show. No need to revamp this one in the future. Congrats.


Thanks dude.  And it's good to have you back ;)

Oh yeah and just so you guys know, I'm also making Minus and Super versions of my Burst Sonic.  That way I can cater to everyone ^^

I was lurking the BV and the forums to download and check on things before I take my "official" journey out of here.

So, here we go.

1. I a little bothered by the N-air, I can hardly hit anybody but tall characters with it.
2. Glitches above that Enigmatic posted.

Otherwise, the PSA is a keeper.

Oh and by Minus, do you mean Brawl-?
If you turn to your left, you'll see that I have left.

I love the PSA(All of yours). I'm not use to PSAs like this Sonic one. :P

Hey, it'd be cool if you made Sonic's fastest swimming animation as fast as his running animation because Sonic can run on water. So it'd be cool to make the fastest swimming animation his run animation as well.

Also, to be able to swim forever while running on the water. KJP's Ice Master Sareena can swim forever w/o drowning.

If you gave me the coding for "Swim Run Velocity and swim on water forever.
I could easily replace vBrawl's swim animation to your Burst Sonic's run animation.

Quote from: Soul Nami on April 30, 2011, 02:36:58 PM
I was lurking the BV and the forums to download and check on things before I take my "official" journey out of here.

So, here we go.

1. I a little bothered by the N-air, I can hardly hit anybody but tall characters with it.
2. Glitches above that Enigmatic posted.

Otherwise, the PSA is a keeper.

Oh and by Minus, do you mean Brawl-?

So despite the N Air being his fastest, longest lasting, highest priority and easiest to combo aerial, you're still managing to not hit with it?  That's down to your ability as a player rather than the attack itself.  There's nothing wrong with that attack at all.

And I'm honestly never experiencing this glitch, and I've used the attack more than any of you.  It's certainly an odd glitch.

And yes, Minus is referring to Brawl-

Quote from: SmashClash on April 30, 2011, 08:01:58 PM
I love the PSA(All of yours). I'm not use to PSAs like this Sonic one. :P

Hey, it'd be cool if you made Sonic's fastest swimming animation as fast as his running animation because Sonic can run on water. So it'd be cool to make the fastest swimming animation his run animation as well.

Also, to be able to swim forever while running on the water. KJP's Ice Master Sareena can swim forever w/o drowning.

If you gave me the coding for "Swim Run Velocity and swim on water forever.
I could easily replace vBrawl's swim animation to your Burst Sonic's run animation.

I like the idea, but there's one problem.  What about when he isn't moving?  He can't just stand on the water but hey can't swim either because it would make no sense for him to suddenly start running on the water again.  However, it's something I'll do if I make the Super version.

April 30, 2011, 11:51:37 PM #2479 Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 12:48:58 AM by SmashClash
Quote from: SDo0m BuShIn on April 30, 2011, 11:08:53 PM
So despite the N Air being his fastest, longest lasting, highest priority and easiest to combo aerial, you're still managing to not hit with it?  That's down to your ability as a player rather than the attack itself.  There's nothing wrong with that attack at all.

And I'm honestly never experiencing this glitch, and I've used the attack more than any of you.  It's certainly an odd glitch.

And yes, Minus is referring to Brawl-

I like the idea, but there's one problem.  What about when he isn't moving?  He can't just stand on the water but hey can't swim either because it would make no sense for him to suddenly start running on the water again.  However, it's something I'll do if I make the Super version.

Make it so only when he goes from Land onto water.

EDIT: Hey, I just thought of something: If you had the Sonic Riders Zero Gravity  hoverboard model you could've made him be on it while he does his slower runs. Meh.

Quote from: SmashClash on April 30, 2011, 11:51:37 PM
Make it so only when he goes from Land onto water.

EDIT: Hey, I just thought of something: If you had the Sonic Riders Zero Gravity  hoverboard model you could've made him be on it while he does his slower runs. Meh.

Meh, can't be asked XD  This was designed to be a quick PSA.  Something like that would take long.

Anyways, I hadn't actually looked at the poll results.  So despite most of you saying that you don't really care for Brawl- and Super versions, I already started on both (finished the Brawl- version in fact).  Here're the upgrades/changes for each version:

Minus

- Faster (supposedly even faster than regular Brawl Minus Sonic)
- Dash Attack can be jump cancelled early
- F Smash is stronger
- U Smash is identical to how it is in Brawl-
- D Smash can interrupt even earlier
- N Air is stronger
- F Air deals more hits and damage
- B Air is stronger
- D Air spikes
- All landing lag has been reduced by half
- Homing Attack can be interrupted by an aerial attack or aerial item throw upon impact (just like in Brawl-)
- Side B charges a bit faster, is stronger and damages shields more
- Spring deals more damage and knockback
- Down B jump can be interrupted earlier
- Side Taunt can be repeatedly spammed (like in Brawl-)
- D Taunt deals up to 24% (like in Brawl-)


Super

- "Super" Waiting, running, turning etc animations
- Even faster (on both the ground and in the air)
- AAA combo is now an AAAA combo (between the 2nd punch and final kick, he deals a fast series of light kicks)
- All Tilts have a follow up.  The F Tilt follows up into a spinning "Tatsumaki Senpuukyaku" style kick, the U Tilt follows up with a flip kick (Sonic Updraft) and the D Tilt follows up with a spinning breakdance kick (Sonic Flare)
- Dash Attack can be interrupted even earlier
- F Smash has increased power and range
- U Smash deals more damage
- D Smash can be interrupted by any move (rather than just a jump or special) and comes out faster.
- All aerials are faster
- Landing lag is even less
- All throws are stronger and hit at lower angles (except the U Throw obviously)
- The Homing Attack works more like Full Throttle's Homing Attack (but better, faster and flashier XD)
- The Side B charges up WAY faster and breaks shields on the initial hitbox.
- The Up B is Chaos Control.  It comes out super fast and has almost no endlag and can be controlled in any direction, allowing you to teleport all over the place DBZ style XD.
- Down B is like Full Throttle's now (instant turns + instant charge)
- All Taunts are interruptable
- He doesn't drown and can fly above water
- Final Smash is Hyper Sonic (the same as Hyper Sonic's secondary FS i.e. the same but it slows down time until the foe dies).

The Super version sounds a lot better
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=19502.msg351735#msg351735

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

Quote from: PPXEXE on May 01, 2011, 02:16:59 PM
The Super version sounds a lot better

That's because the Super version is supposed to be OP in my own way.  With the Minus version, I'm still restricted by two things.  One is that I need to still keep the moveset the same and two is that it still needs to fit in nicely with the Brawl Minus cast.  Whereas with Super Burst Sonic I only need to keep it to a rough guideline.  As you can see, I'm making a lot more changes to make him feel Super rather than just a Minus upgrade.

May 01, 2011, 04:56:52 PM #2483 Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 08:03:44 PM by SmashClash
Can't wait til Super Version.

EDIT: Are you going to use this for Kid Buu PSA?
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=18585&Moderated=All

Burst Sonic is pretty awesome, prefer him to the original moveset xD Nice work!

What do you mean by super? Like an over powered version? Because I thought brawl- was the OP version of brawl.
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]

Sig by: nomnomblood

May 01, 2011, 09:26:52 PM #2486 Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 09:27:49 PM by SDo0m BuShIn
Quote from: dpgthirteen on May 01, 2011, 09:21:30 PM
What do you mean by super? Like an over powered version? Because I thought brawl- was the OP version of brawl.

Super as in:



Which reminds me, the Brawl Minus version has been released (the link has been updated).  Video's gonna be up fairly soon.


Seems Mediafire is being annoying cause it won't let me download sonic o.o'
It keeps refreshing when i click download ;_;

Quote from: Pride on May 01, 2011, 09:31:46 PM
Seems Mediafire is being annoying cause it won't let me download sonic o.o'
It keeps refreshing when i click download ;_;

Hate it when that happens :-\  Have you tried another browser?

Quote from: SDo0m BuShIn on May 01, 2011, 09:33:52 PM
Hate it when that happens :-\  Have you tried another browser?
Firefox: Refreshes page
IE: Not allowed to download error
Chrome: Same as IE
Rockmelt: Same as IE and Chrome

Something tells me someone doesn't want me to download this T_T