SDo0m's Dark Void: Deadpool Release (pg 512)! Major thanks to Mephisto!

Started by SiLeNtDo0m, October 12, 2010, 05:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

DEADPOOL! (cheers to Nano for the vid) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5I4s74Q2WI

Delicious like a chimichanga
7 (14.9%)
SDo0m and Mephisto classy mofos ಠ_ರೃ
9 (19.1%)
OMG A MOD WUT SORCERY IS THIS?!?!
3 (6.4%)
[spoiler]
13 (27.7%)
Seriously Classy Option™ ಠ_ರೃ
7 (14.9%)
wherez vegeeeta?
8 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 47


I might release an alpha of Spidey in the next couple of days.  The moves that it will have are all the normals, the Neutral B and the Up B and maybe a couple of other smaller things.  Then I'll work my way up with the other two specials (I still need an imaginative idea for the Down B though).  Here's what I need to do as far as actual moves go:

- All Throws:
F Throw - Spidey picks the foe up and throws them forward and somewhat down onto the ground, causing them to bounce up off of it.

B Throw - Spidey's signature web throw.  Think somewhat like Mario's B Throw in terms of movement, but the foe is attached to a web and the movement is a bit slower.  Can damage other foes during the swing.

U Throw - Spidey simply grabs the foe and throws them straight upwards.  Nothing too special.  Nice and simple.

D Throw - Another web throw, only this time it's somewhat similar to his "Ultimate Web Throw" where he spins and then slams the foe down onto the ground.  His strongest throw.


- Side and Down B moves
(Still need to think of an idea for the Down B, but Side B is in the OP)

- All Taunts and Victory Poses:
Up Taunt - For now, I may actually just keep Sheik's.  It suits pretty well (the sort of one handed handstand thing)

Side Taunt - Spidey points his finger forward and produces a speech bubble saying "Does what a Spider can".  This hitbox will have a weak 1% hitbox and tiny knockback.  However, it'll be fairly big and quite long lasting so it could be used in inventive ways.

Down Taunt - Spidey scratches his head and then shrugs his shoulders.

Win 1 - Spidey shoots a line of web upwards, then ascends up above the screen out of the player's view.

Win 2 - Spidey swings in from his web, lands and gives a thumbs up to the player

Win 3 - ...Not too sure yet XD

Entry - Think of his Win 1, but in reverse.  He instead descends down from a web and lands on the ground.  Just like his entry in MvC3.


DownB Idea: Spiderman spins while shooting webs everywhere at a reasonable distance.
There will be a medium size web ball right under him, too incase an opponent is "right up under him" which will either trap the foe or act as a bomb.

Win3- (I made a quick sketch)Spiderman will do a flip into the hair and land on one hand making this pose:

down B should be spidey  does a web with the tip  being a bit larger swings around and then smashes it on the ground like in marvel ultimate alliance 2 xD or the one where is shootts web forward if it connects e just dropkicks the oponent

wierd idea spider man lays a web on the ground if people step on it they get stuck for a bit xD

To anyone doing a spider man vertex pls make carnage recolour and ben reilly recolour xD
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

If your looking for ideas for Spidey's downB, here's a posibility:

Down B:  Spider Sense:  A basic counter move.  Spidey strikes some sort of combat ready pose and if he gets hit at the right time he deftly dodges the incoming attack and retaliates with one of his own.  Whatever kind of attack he uses is up to you.

Honestly, I haven't really thought through all of this for this suggestion.  It's just that it's downright criminal that Spider-Man has been in numerous fighting games and as far as I know he hasn't gotten one move based off of his Spider Sense!

Maybe some sort of variation on Ultimate Web Throw, which would make him do the initial kick from Maximum Spider on hit? Ground only, would be a good punish for laggy, baited attacks.
Feel free to ask for a quick video upload of your hack.
GALOT's moveset ideas, need ideas?
Latest Writeups: Evil Ryu, Amaterasu

June 14, 2011, 02:05:15 AM #3216 Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 02:06:08 AM by lYIaXeD OuT
I find the jumping animation for spidey to be quite..... :yay:
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]


@SmashClash
I like the idea for the Win3, not too sure about the Down B.

@Victory
Indeed the lack of Spider Sense is rather criminal, but it's a hard move to do.  In the comics and shows it was merely something that alerted him to danger.  A proper counter can't be done, so if I were to do a counter it would be like EY's Lyn's or my Shadow's counter.

@GaLoT
Again, throws can't really be programmed in yet.  If they could Web Throw would be my first choice of move.

I don't really want the Down B to be graphic heavy since I'm so limited as to what I can use as far as web moves go.  It can really only be a string or a ball.

Idea, adding on to your idea for Win 1, it would be pretty comical if he popped his head back down, looked both ways and popped his head back up lol.

Quote from: xZedkiel on June 14, 2011, 07:18:31 AM
Idea, adding on to your idea for Win 1, it would be pretty comical if he popped his head back down, looked both ways and popped his head back up lol.

I second you. That's a great idea!

Maybe one of his taunts/win animations could include a camera.

Quote from: NaiBeatle on June 14, 2011, 07:25:22 AM
I second you. That's a great idea!

Maybe one of his taunts/win animations could include a camera.

Possibly ^^ If someone could vertex a camera I could probably use it.  Though I'm not too sure.

Also, the blog post for this when I do it will be awesome.  Better than any KC-MM blog post I've done before, and I think it will be the absolute perfect way to show off Spidey.  I've actually put quite a bit of thought into this one unlike my others which I just kinda did.  Seriously that's one of the reasons I really want to get this done.  This post is gonna be SOOOOO fun to do XD

Dr Panda will be proud ^^

Was thinking less of a throw and more just him firing the chain/web line at an angle and having that do stun plus the kick if it hit. It wouldn't be Ultimate Web Throw, just emulate it decently.
Feel free to ask for a quick video upload of your hack.
GALOT's moveset ideas, need ideas?
Latest Writeups: Evil Ryu, Amaterasu

i only know spider-man from movies but the PSA looks good :D
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

SD0om! Stop your slacking!! This isn't some Tropical Resort!! You need to get to work!!

So get me Pictures!! Pictures of Spiderman!! Or you're fired!!!

JK =p