SDo0m's Dark Void: Deadpool Release (pg 512)! Major thanks to Mephisto!

Started by SiLeNtDo0m, October 12, 2010, 05:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

DEADPOOL! (cheers to Nano for the vid) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5I4s74Q2WI

Delicious like a chimichanga
7 (14.9%)
SDo0m and Mephisto classy mofos ಠ_ರೃ
9 (19.1%)
OMG A MOD WUT SORCERY IS THIS?!?!
3 (6.4%)
[spoiler]
13 (27.7%)
Seriously Classy Option™ ಠ_ರೃ
7 (14.9%)
wherez vegeeeta?
8 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 47


Quote from: C.T. the Sniper on July 29, 2011, 10:51:49 PM
I feel like I'm one of the very few people who can enjoy both games equally...
Well, that's pretty cool actually, that's the way it should be... There are flaws with Brawl... And there are flaws with Melee...

These should be overlooked, and instead enjoyed for what they are...

...

Oh great, I just gave myself reason to at least give P:M a fair chance now.
XD

Quote from: SDo0m InCaRnAtI0n on July 29, 2011, 10:55:12 PM
You, like, so had it coming :vyse:
:vyse: Brool Story Co

And Brool Story Co claims page 300? That deserves a picture!

Quote from: SDo0m InCaRnAtI0n on July 29, 2011, 10:55:12 PM
You, like, so had it coming :vyse:
yeah...I guess you're right.
just wait, some mod's gonna see this and make it my custom title >.<


Vee and Random's Bucketson | Happily married to Velen
Personas:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Tumblr!

First getting into the team now pg 300?!

Tis a good way to end the day indeed :srs:  Now to sleep...

Quote from: C.T. the Sniper on July 29, 2011, 10:51:49 PMI feel like I'm one of the very few people who can enjoy both games equally...

I also like them equally..... Although, with the hacks we've made for Brawl, I'm starting to like Brawl better.

Speaking of 300

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Quote from: Cascade Hellsing on July 29, 2011, 10:57:59 PM
I also like them equally..... Although, with the hacks we've made for Brawl, I'm starting to like Brawl better.
yeah...but back in Melee's day, I didn't even know hacking existed, so that doesn't count for me. Focusing on the core focus and mechanics of each game, they're pretty much equal, even if they did appeal to slightly different audiences. But let's not clog this thread up with useless bickering.


Vee and Random's Bucketson | Happily married to Velen
Personas:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Tumblr!

Hey, congrats on getting into the P:M team. They never let me in (sniff), but that's probably better for me anyway... I'm a big fan of the project, and despite some of the changes I'm not happy about, I have tremendous respect for what they're doing. Good luck.


There is no power quite like the power of understanding.

Quote from: ThE DarkYoshi on July 29, 2011, 10:59:12 PM
Speaking of 300

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


i lol'd

also, congrats on being a part Project: M man, you certainly got quite a few projects you're involved in  ;D

-10 respect points mister! D<

Which isn't much since my Respect points for your are still >9000. =3

-but despite the fact some people have respect for Project M. I will stick to my own opinion:

If you want to play Melee, then go play the real thing, not a mocked up copy.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

I think it's amusing that people bash project M. How many of you have actually tried it? How many of you spent hours of your time learning just a fraction of its depth? Having a sentiment of, "Go play melee if you want to play melee." is ludicrous. The project M team aims to have the style of gameplay and the fun that melee had, but adding all of the brawl newcomers with brand new  or altered movesets. I wish all of you who hate on it would at least try it. It's not melee, it's Project M.

Quote from: U0 on July 30, 2011, 01:20:00 AM
I think it's amusing that people bash project M. How many of you have actually tried it? How many of you spent hours of your time learning just a fraction of its depth? Having a sentiment of, "Go play melee if you want to play melee." is ludicrous. The project M team aims to have the style of gameplay and the fun that melee had, but adding all of the brawl newcomers with brand new  or altered movesets. I wish all of you who hate on it would at least try it. It's not melee, it's Project M.
Ive tried it. Not really different then Melee. You can even see the Fox that is being worked on, does he not have his original Melee stance and textures?

And to me its not a waste of talent, far from that, its just something that is not really necessary.

I personally love the hacks i have, but I personally prefer Melee's style. The only thing Melee would need to be perfect is all of Brawl's new stages and characters, graphics, features (stage builder, pics, vids, SSE, etc.), it's interface (CSS, SSS, Main menus and song switcher, etc.), Brawl's music, and Final Smashes. Oh! And the coin shooter :3 Take away Melee's aerial dodge as well.

Quote from: U0 on July 30, 2011, 01:20:00 AM
I think it's amusing that people bash project M. How many of you have actually tried it? How many of you spent hours of your time learning just a fraction of its depth? Having a sentiment of, "Go play melee if you want to play melee." is ludicrous. The project M team aims to have the style of gameplay and the fun that melee had, but adding all of the brawl newcomers with brand new  or altered movesets. I wish all of you who hate on it would at least try it. It's not melee, it's Project M.

I find it amusing how you think that second sentence serves any purpose other than to prove you're a fanboy. It's like you're saying Brawl, Brawl+, and Brawl- are not fun at all.

It's not ludicrous, for several reasons.

1) They are making the physics a CARBON COPY of Melee's, or as close as they can get.
2) They are changing the animations of the characters who were in Melee back to, or to be closer to their Melee incarnations.
3) They are making the movesets practically carbon copies of their versions in Melee (for the ones who were present in Melee), with only minor changes.
4) The only characters with "new" moves are the ones who weren't in Melee. Namely Sonic, Ike, Toon Link, Lucario, Pit, Snake, and whoever else I missed. With the exceptions being moves on the characters that the people on the project just can't stand seeing or don't want to see.

So basically: They are using the new characters, and the stuff Brawl has in order to hide a single fact:

They are nigh-literally turning Brawl into a Melee 2.0. Just because they think that's how Brawl should've been.

Like ThE DarkYoshi, I don't really see it as necessary.

-but if SDo0M wants to help make it, I'll support his decision, but you will not be hearing me talking about wanting to play it.

Cause if I wanted to play Melee: I would rather play the real thing than a mere copy.

No matter how much you try to hide behind the Project:M moniker, that M says it all.

Melee

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302