SDo0m's Dark Void: Deadpool Release (pg 512)! Major thanks to Mephisto!

Started by SiLeNtDo0m, October 12, 2010, 05:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

DEADPOOL! (cheers to Nano for the vid) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5I4s74Q2WI

Delicious like a chimichanga
7 (14.9%)
SDo0m and Mephisto classy mofos ಠ_ರೃ
9 (19.1%)
OMG A MOD WUT SORCERY IS THIS?!?!
3 (6.4%)
[spoiler]
13 (27.7%)
Seriously Classy Option™ ಠ_ರೃ
7 (14.9%)
wherez vegeeeta?
8 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Quote from: SiLeNtDo0m on August 16, 2011, 10:02:41 AM
Some of you may be wondering why I locked the topic before.  Well the simple matter of the fact is progress on all my personal PSAs will be really slow and I mean REALLY slow whilst I do stuff for P:M.  I'm at very high demand to make animations at the moment, so I've been working hard to make as high quality animations as I can (in the space of 10 days I've made 20 animations as well as numerous animation revamps for 8 different characters so far, and I have a LOT more to come). 

So as for Spidey, I would like to get him finished at some point.  The throws and their graphics are just a pain to fix (namely, the two web throws the B and D throws).  I'll need to send them of to Divine since he can work with graphics better and faster than I can (of course, he's probably busy with all his other projects as well so either way it would be slow @.@).

Actually, thinking about it more I probably won't lock the topic.  I just didn't want anyone to come in out the blue and ask "hey SDo0m when's X PSA going to be finished" since those comments annoy the hell out of me since my answer EVERY time is "I don't know". 

XD true true.

Hey Sdoom, do you have any tips for animating Captain Falcon?
I'm working on Ryu and just would like to know anything that could be of use for animations.

If you have anything useful, that will be greatly appreciated.
Quote from: br3compactorBy the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
*Fixed URL*
My PSA Thread

I assume you're talking about Ryu Hayabusa correct?  Well Falcon's fairly straightforward to animate.  There's nothing really obscure about him at all.  And remember, when animating you always want to analyse not only the character you're basing on, but also the character you're making.  Make sure to look carefully at how Ryu stands, his general posture, how his basic movements are and how he attacks.  Knowing the characters is the most important thing.

Quote from: SiLeNtDo0m on August 17, 2011, 12:07:44 AM
I assume you're talking about Ryu Hayabusa correct?  Well Falcon's fairly straightforward to animate.  There's nothing really obscure about him at all.  And remember, when animating you always want to analyse not only the character you're basing on, but also the character you're making.  Make sure to look carefully at how Ryu stands, his general posture, how his basic movements are and how he attacks.  Knowing the characters is the most important thing.

There's two possible Ryu's he could be working on ya know, three if we're counting anime characters.

But what he says is right, except for characters like spiderman, then you have to resort to their video games rather than their actual cartoons/comics.

BTW: + 1 vote for Tekken Man XD

Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on August 17, 2011, 12:27:04 AM
There's two possible Ryu's he could be working on ya know, three if we're counting anime characters.
I did specify that i'm animating Captain Falcon for Ryu. And for those who pay attention to my PSA thread (which im pretty sure not many do) You would know that it is Ryu Hayabusa that i'm talking about.

Quote from: SiLeNtDo0m on August 17, 2011, 12:07:44 AM
I assume you're talking about Ryu Hayabusa correct?  Well Falcon's fairly straightforward to animate.  There's nothing really obscure about him at all.  And remember, when animating you always want to analyse not only the character you're basing on, but also the character you're making.  Make sure to look carefully at how Ryu stands, his general posture, how his basic movements are and how he attacks.  Knowing the characters is the most important thing.
I have NGBlack and I've seen plenty NG2Sigma videos to know Ryu's moves. The only thing is his idle... Due to the camera always looking at his back side, I can't get a good view of his legs and their positioning. Which applies to most moves but mainly the idle.
Quote from: br3compactorBy the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
*Fixed URL*
My PSA Thread

Hey Sdoom I know this may be a little annoying to ask...
But what character animations have they over at project m been asking you to make?
I was just curious is all. Also maybe you could post some bids showing off all the new animations you've made to pass the time in your thread before you get back to your personal psas.
Anywho I'm sure you are doing great stuff for project m!
Oh and one last question, have they been adding some more stages since the last public demo?

August 17, 2011, 09:23:46 AM #4656 Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 10:40:07 AM by SiLeNtDo0m
Well, I can't show you the direct demonstrations videos that I've made (because I can't show off content that won't definitely be in the main "pf" folder for P:M).  However, I can show you matches in which my animations are used.

http://youtu.be/Au6v8ZdNEr8?t=5s - Link's SSB64 Entry

http://youtu.be/Au6v8ZdNEr8?t=2m59s - Link's Melee Taunt (replaces the stupid Navi taunt)

http://youtu.be/Au6v8ZdNEr8?t=4m51s - Link's Melee Taunt again

http://youtu.be/Au6v8ZdNEr8?t=5m29s - One last look at the taunt, this time facing to the left so you can see Link's face


Mind the volume.  It can kinda wreck your ears if you have it too loud XD  This is probably the only one I can really show at the moment, but once more moves involving my animations  reach a state of completion there will be more vids.

Also, here's the one demonstration video that I will show you guys.  Again, it's Link's Entry, but a closer look.  It's been slightly updated since this video though.  The graphic shrinks instead of just disappearing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxr5S__EY14

As for stages, not too sure.  I actually never used the public demo.

August 17, 2011, 10:45:15 AM #4657 Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 10:47:03 AM by Plak
Since the demo, they made a morphing Dracula Castle and completely revamped Norfair. They are still being worked on but already very good, you can see them on the official P:M channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/ProjectMelee#g/u
Yagi also uploads interesting games every week : http://www.youtube.com/user/jyagis#g/u

@SDoom : this looks amazing, definitely better than what they're replacing. I'm glad to know that the PMBR is concerned with making P:M look even better than Brawl ;)
I won't ask more because I know the policy regarding experimental changes, but is someone working on polishing Lucario ? His USmash and Nair look somewhat clunky, and not yet up to par with Charizard's Fair, for exemple.

Quote from: Plak on August 17, 2011, 10:45:15 AM
@SDoom : this looks amazing, definitely better than what they're replacing. I'm glad to know that the PMBR is concerned with making P:M look even better than Brawl ;)
I won't ask more because I know the policy regarding experimental changes, but is someone working on polishing Lucario ? His USmash and Nair look somewhat clunky, and not yet up to par with Charizard's Fair, for exemple.

Funny you should say that.  Lucario's U Smash and N Air are generally regarded as looking fine, whereas Charizard's F Air is one of the moves they actually asked me to revamp animation wise XD  I personally never had any problems with any of them. 

Quote from: SiLeNtDo0m on August 17, 2011, 09:23:46 AM
Well, I can't show you the direct demonstrations videos that I've made (because I can't show off content that won't definitely be in the main "pf" folder for P:M).  However, I can show you matches in which my animations are used.

http://youtu.be/Au6v8ZdNEr8?t=5s - Link's SSB64 Entry

http://youtu.be/Au6v8ZdNEr8?t=2m59s - Link's Melee Taunt (replaces the stupid Navi taunt)

http://youtu.be/Au6v8ZdNEr8?t=4m51s - Link's Melee Taunt again

http://youtu.be/Au6v8ZdNEr8?t=5m29s - One last look at the taunt, this time facing to the left so you can see Link's face


Mind the volume.  It can kinda wreck your ears if you have it too loud XD  This is probably the only one I can really show at the moment, but once more moves involving my animations  reach a state of completion there will be more vids.

Also, here's the one demonstration video that I will show you guys.  Again, it's Link's Entry, but a closer look.  It's been slightly updated since this video though.  The graphic shrinks instead of just disappearing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxr5S__EY14

As for stages, not too sure.  I actually never used the public demo.

. . .

Thats a awesome PSA, i think you should make one for Zelda and Ganondorf.
✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

so with all this project M animations going on i guess your psas will be putted on hold well i hope you do your best  in the animations and too bad i wont use project M since im a pal user so any codeset will just freeze my wii lol
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

A quick question on Project:M. Are they recreating melee's camera. Like how it follows the action of the fight?
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]

Sig by: nomnomblood

We're working on making a better version of Melee's camera. You can see a prototypical version in the demo and a more updated version in videos.

Nice to hear, all ways loved that about melee. It makes the fight feel more dynamic.
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]

Sig by: nomnomblood