SDo0m's Dark Void: Deadpool Release (pg 512)! Major thanks to Mephisto!

Started by SiLeNtDo0m, October 12, 2010, 05:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

DEADPOOL! (cheers to Nano for the vid) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5I4s74Q2WI

Delicious like a chimichanga
7 (14.9%)
SDo0m and Mephisto classy mofos ಠ_ರೃ
9 (19.1%)
OMG A MOD WUT SORCERY IS THIS?!?!
3 (6.4%)
[spoiler]
13 (27.7%)
Seriously Classy Option™ ಠ_ರೃ
7 (14.9%)
wherez vegeeeta?
8 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Quote from: DMG. Velia on October 02, 2011, 06:04:33 PM
*Patiently waits to see the pinwheel kick implemented, if at all.*

: 3

It shall be the new N Air.  Since the current one isn't very useful comparative to his other aerials.

I've also revamped his U Tilt so it goes over his head.

*Can't wait to possibly see a video of it in action.*

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

So are we gonna playtest again after you've tweaked it or is it time fo dat Travis Touchdown PSA? =3
My BrawlEx Cosmetic template for people who are lazy!
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203448
Supports up to 35 BrawlEx characters currently.

I find Nair to be his most useful aerial ;-;  and i love the animation for it.

Anyways, ive been testing him out immensely.  Only found a couple glitches. dunno if they are fixable. >.>


*already found*  side-b endless recovery/stalling

*already found/fixed* getting grabbed during B

I'm not too sure how I did this but while using down b. i think i tapped b really fast and made a circular motion with the joystick while holding down on c-stick?  i really cant remember.... but it shot me up incredibly high into the air.  took like 4 seconds to come back on screen  I did it twice. but i'm not sure on the exact buttons. i'll keep trying.

while using down b to scar the corner of the stage, you are instantly teleported to standing on the edge of the stage. If you go back off stage afterwards it dosnt really recognize that youve touched the ground so if you use  down b in the air again you use your spike. Not a big deal though. just dont fall back off the stage >.>

and idunno if its spidey or if its buu but if you play with them together there are some slow downs and speed ups of time. 


I'll get back to you on balance in a bit, but all in all he seems pretty fair.

Quote from: frostymm on October 02, 2011, 07:31:48 PM
So are we gonna playtest again after you've tweaked it or is it time fo dat Travis Touchdown PSA? =3

Nah, Travis won't be for a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time.  I still need to re-write his moveset anyway.  As for Buu, I'll wait for the other playtesters to give their feedback (I sent it to about 15 or so people, so far I've got feedback from 5), then once I complete my tweaks whilst following all the feedback I received then I will release the public version.  

Also remember, that I still have more important things to do like work and school etc.  Life's pretty busy.

...Make that 6 people now XD

Quote from: SiLeNtDo0m on October 02, 2011, 07:53:25 PM
Nah, Travis won't be for a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time.  I still need to re-write his moveset anyway.  As for Buu, I'll wait for the other playtesters to give their feedback (I sent it to about 15 or so people, so far I've got feedback from 5), then once I complete my tweaks whilst following all the feedback I received then I will release the public version.  

Also remember, that I still have more important things to do like work and school etc.  Life's pretty busy.

...Make that 6 people now XD
good to know so what your priority list? moveset wise? i know you said maybe black knight next right?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: SiLeNtDo0m on October 02, 2011, 07:53:25 PM
Nah, Travis won't be for a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time.  I still need to re-write his moveset anyway.  As for Buu, I'll wait for the other playtesters to give their feedback (I sent it to about 15 or so people, so far I've got feedback from 5), then once I complete my tweaks whilst following all the feedback I received then I will release the public version.  

Also remember, that I still have more important things to do like work and school etc.  Life's pretty busy.

...Make that 6 people now XD
And here I was about to ask if you still needed more feedback. XD

I'll make my playtesting tonight probably, I've got a few papers due tomorrow and have been working on them all the weekend. =/

Quote from: SiLeNtDo0m on October 02, 2011, 06:12:53 PMIt shall be the new N Air.  Since the current one isn't very useful comparative to his other aerials. I've also revamped his U Tilt so it goes over his head.
Then can the playtest PSA's N-Air be the final versions forward Air?

Well damn... I want Travis Touchdown T.T...
My BrawlEx Cosmetic template for people who are lazy!
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203448
Supports up to 35 BrawlEx characters currently.

oookie, nvm. its just if you use down b after being hit offstage. you go flying into the air o.o  conflicting trajectory?   its great recovery!  but idk if its supose to do that?

Still not quite ready to give full feedback, although it looks like a lot of people have covered the moveset pretty well and said some of the same things I was thinking, but I'm glad the Nair is going to change. I was having trouble finding a solid approach, and I kept wanting to jump in with a Nair and then cancel into something else or land and combo into something else, but I don't think it auto cancels in a short hop, it has a lot of landing lag, and it just didn't do what I wanted.

I think the "pinwheel" kick would be a good idea for a Nair that has good range and priority. The idea kind of reminds me of Pit's Nair, but with better coverage, since his legs would extend farther than his body on all sides. I think that would really help him approach. Jump in with a relatively safe Nair and then take it from there.


There is no power quite like the power of understanding.

Preview pics for the peepz who are cannot partake in the pleasure of playtesting:

[spoiler]Neutral B: Shocking Ball

Ready the electrical pink ball of energy


Then throw it



Side B: Mystic Combination

Curl into a ball


Smack your foes around while in ball form


Then kick your opponent up by sticking your leg in the ground (still waiting for the leg graphic as you can see XD)



Up B: Buu Rocket

Ready up


Then zip of in a flash of pink XD



Down B: Instant Transmission

Teleport in a direction at high speeds



D Taunt: Sleep

A very long lasting taunt (lasts for about 5 seconds).  If you can get the whole way through without being hit though, you heal 20%

Lol, a sleeping taunt.
I love the graphics for his recovery move.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


i think you could improve the graphics for the Up-B

everything else looks amazing as always
...
3DS Friend Code: 5284-2093-8448
PM if you add?

*Looks at Instant Transmission, imagining the IT sound effect with it*

Thats pretty cool :)

*Looks at D taunt* That [censored]y son of a... :srs:

jk, but really all the pics look sweet ;D Does his leg come out the ground at the end of the Mystic Combination?