Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: Just thought I'd ask.......What do you think of Metroid Other M??
It's good. I didn't have any problems with the story or how Samus was portrayed.
I liked the game but I didn't like the way that Samus was portrayed.
I hated it. They made Samus into a whiny little girl.
I hate other M because Samus showed human emotion. I hate human emotion.

Pages:  1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 35
Author Topic: Sol Sanctum- Daily Updates- M:OM Samus FINAL Powersuit Preview  (Read 180705 times)
Weyard
Holy Kitten

Vertex/texture creator-PSA tester

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #375 on: July 09, 2011, 02:06:27 AM »

Aether has finally returned and I'm helping him with a WarioLand-based psa on Wario. Not based on his transformations, but his physical moves in it.

He made a new texture based on his Warioland 2 and 3 sprites and I vertexed it.

The main thing I changed was the height of his overalls. In the older games, Wario was muscular instead of fat. I brought the whole rim of the overalls about half way down his chest and made him thinner all around.
    Wario's ears are quite a bit longer in the old games too, so I lengthened them a bit.
    His shoulders and elbows have also been enlarged.

As for the new psa, he's changed his upA, dash attack and forward smash so far. The forward smash actually looks like Wario's signature charge now. I haven't the slightest idea how Sakurai managed to mess up the animation that badly in the first place. It is supposed to be a square armed charge, not a shoulder bump.

The major goal is to swap out his motorcycle for another move, as it is the only one that isn't really fitting for Wario's older appearances. The bite and fart will probably be kept. All of his non-combat animations will be changed so they look more like his in-game animations.

I'll put a link to his thread here once he makes it. He'll probably need some help with the B-moves.
    This project will be much simpler than the Ridley psa project, so this should actually get finished Cheesy

-

I tested Gandrayda and the hair made me mad so I quit pretty early on.

I'll be testing the  Fusion/Other M space Pirate next.

UPDATE:

Fusion Space Pirate(Sheik)'s head is going fairly good so far. I scaled down the ponytail and tucked it into her back, hopefully it won't pop out too much during gameplay.
    I then pulled the top of her head up into the "plate" shape.
    I'll use the bangs to make the feather-like things on the back of the head.
    The faces will have to be made into the bottom of the head and beak.
    I'll get a preview out once I finish these things.
    « Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 03:17:45 AM by Weyard » Logged

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #376 on: July 09, 2011, 01:00:08 PM »

Wow Weyard, who'd have thought someone'd make a F-Zero character? xD Looking good!

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

• Awards Featured Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Famous Hacker

« Reply #377 on: July 09, 2011, 07:26:38 PM »

Looking through the different Space Pirate designs, I'd still say Prime's design is my favorite but I don't think I could make it work. The way it's head comes out of it's chest would require a lot of moving and bone disabling. It would be awesome but really really really time consuming.

The Fusion design (same as OtherM but with cyborg parts) would work pretty well on Sheik.

Then we have the old original design:

Easiest one by far. Not sure who would make the best base though.

Lastly, Prime2's pirates.

The asymmetrical arms makes me think it could only work on Samus.

Which of these Pirate designs is your favorite?

Prime 2 design is definitely my favorite.

That would be amazing to have in mah Brawlz.

I tested Gandrayda and the hair made me mad so I quit pretty early on.

D:

Ah well. Maybe I'll just make a request thread asking for her or something. /:

Weyard
    Holy Kitten

« Reply #378 on: July 09, 2011, 08:38:54 PM »

I'm working on the Fusion/Other M version on sheik already, and I will also do the Prime 2 version on Samus then. I might do them alongside each other and release it as a package. Not sure yet.

Wow Weyard, who'd have thought someone'd make a F-Zero character? xD Looking good!

I'm going to try a few more later.

-

Ganon's head texture is still messed up. I blended it all together so it should all be the same tint, but the area around his eyes is still brighter than it should be.

As you can see here:

Release it now or keep trying??

« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 11:58:23 PM by Weyard » Logged

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #379 on: July 10, 2011, 12:19:10 AM »

Ganon's head texture is still messed up. I blended it all together so it should all be the same tint, but the area around his eyes is still brighter than it should be.

As you can see here:

Release it now or keep trying??

Try your best, I'd say. Smiley It's looking great... Nostalgic...

I'm going to try a few more later.
    That'd be lovely to see. Cheesy

Weyard
    Holy Kitten

« Reply #380 on: July 10, 2011, 01:11:13 AM »

The only reason I plan to release the Ganon at all is because it is pretty nostalgic, although it isn't entirely accurate.

-

Quick Preview of the Fusion Space Pirate. Head is getting pretty close.

The eye is just drawn on to show where it will go.

Most of the work will be from lining up textures from the looks of it.

The "feathers" need to be brought out so they overlap the "plate" a little more. I also need to put a lip on it if there are enough vertices around.

What's left of the hair and ponytail in the back will need to be brought forward to shape the neck. I might have to disable the neck bone, but I'm hoping that I don't.

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

Insert totally self gratifying [censored] here. ; )

• Awards Famous Hacker Sniper Heart Container Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #381 on: July 10, 2011, 01:17:11 AM »

@ Ganon:

SWEET SEMEN OF BABY JESUS!!! AWESOME!!!

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Weyard
    Holy Kitten

« Reply #382 on: July 10, 2011, 01:24:45 AM »

@ Ganon:

SWEET SEMEN OF BABY JESUS!!! AWESOME!!!
    Not sure if that's a compliment or not...but alright lol.

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #383 on: July 10, 2011, 08:15:26 AM »

The only reason I plan to release the Ganon at all is because it is pretty nostalgic, although it isn't entirely accurate.

-

Quick Preview of the Fusion Space Pirate. Head is getting pretty close.

The eye is just drawn on to show where it will go.

Most of the work will be from lining up textures from the looks of it.

The "feathers" need to be brought out so they overlap the "plate" a little more. I also need to put a lip on it if there are enough vertices around.

What's left of the hair and ponytail in the back will need to be brought forward to shape the neck. I might have to disable the neck bone, but I'm hoping that I don't.
    Hmm... I just hope you can really pull it out as you want it from Sheik. Looking good so far, Weyard. =)

Mochtroid127
    Mega Kitten

No one man could have all that POWER!

• Awards PC Core Gamer 128-bit Pro Gamer Active Contributor

« Reply #384 on: July 10, 2011, 03:28:29 PM »

Looks awesome. I had a thought about the MP2 pirate. Someone (I'm pretty sure it was StarWaffle.) made that Scyther thing (sorry, I don't know much about Pokemon lol) on Falco. I tried to retexture it to look like a Prime 2 pirate a month or so ago, and while it was awesome knowing it was a space pirate, I'm terrible texturing. The best thing I've ever made was Deathborn from F-Zero GX on Ganon and he still looks BAD. Maybe falco could work since he has a gun and a beak sort of like the pirates. I always thought it was funny how they looked kind of like birds and the Chozo are also birds... coincidence?

Weyard
    Holy Kitten

« Reply #385 on: July 10, 2011, 04:45:48 PM »

sorry, I don't know much about Pokemon lol

-

Your Deathborn and Kanden textures would be nice bases for full vertexed projects.

MP2's pirates would be best on Samus and that's how I'm going to attempt it. Their arms are asymmetrical, and Samus is one of the only characters with asymmetrical arms by default (one is a sword thing and other is the pincer with a gun attached). I won't be doing any test runs for it until I finish the Fusion/Other M Zebesian Pirate on Sheik.

Chozo's and Zebesian pirates looking like birds might not be a coincidence. I would assume that they would be the related species. All of the modern designs for Zebesian pirates have them looking more and more bird-like. The only main different between them now is the pincers. Only problem with that theory is that I can't remember if Chozo were supposed to have evolved on Zebes or just came to live there.

I'm making the Zebesian Pirate on sheik because of her agility mostly. The old space pirates jump around a lot so I thought Sheik would fit them a little better, plus Falco/Fox would be a lot shorter than a space pirate. If there is a wavy/zigzag graphic effect around, I might add that to Sheik's needles so it looks like it's shooting the lasers.

I could probably use this Pirate as a base for a chozo later. Right now it looks more like a Chozo anyway lol.
    « Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 05:25:07 AM by Weyard » Logged

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

• Awards Featured Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Famous Hacker

« Reply #386 on: July 10, 2011, 04:50:08 PM »

-

Your Deathborn and Kanden textures would be nice bases for full vertexed projects.

MP2's pirates would be best on Samus and that's how I'm going to attempt it. Their arms are asymmetrical, and Samus is one of the only characters with asymmetrical arms (one is a sword thing and other is the pincer with a gun attached). I won't be doing any test runs for it until I finish the Fusion/Other M Zebesian Pirate on Sheik.

Chozo's and Zebesian pirates looking like birds might not be a coincidence. I would assume that they would be the related species. All of the modern designs for Zebesian pirates have them looking more and more bird-like. The only main different between them now is the pincers. Only problem with that theory is that I can't remember if Chozo were supposed to have evolved on Zebes or just came to live there.

I'm making the Zebesian Pirate on sheik because of her agility mostly. The old space pirates jump around a lot so I thought Sheik would fit them a little better, plus Falco/Fox would be a lot shorter than a space pirate. If there is a wavy/zigzag graphic effect around, I might add that to Sheik's needles so it looks like it's shooting the lasers.

I could probably use this Pirate as a base for a chozo later. Right now it looks more like a Chozo anyway lol.

The Chozo only settled on Zebes, I think.

I can't wait for the Pirates. It's looking great so far.

And a Chozodian would be awesome as well. :]

Mochtroid127
    Mega Kitten

No one man could have all that POWER!

• Awards PC Core Gamer 128-bit Pro Gamer Active Contributor

« Reply #387 on: July 10, 2011, 06:02:39 PM »

Awesome Face Thank you.

Good point about Samus being asymetrical. The Zebesian pirate will work perfectly with Shiek with the flipping and wall grabbing. With all of these Cloud and Sonic character ports, someone really needs to port Samus because I'm running out of slots that I'm willing to replace!

I think the Chozo made Zebes their homeworld and then spread to other planets like Tallon IV, Elysia, and whatever the other planet was that was mentioned in that pirate observatory place in Phendrana (I THINK.)... or maybe they were referring to Zebes... I forget. I really need to play all 100% through the trilogy again to refresh my memory.  Mario Facepalm

Weyard
    Holy Kitten

« Reply #388 on: July 10, 2011, 06:22:08 PM »

Awesome Face Thank you.

Good point about Samus being asymetrical. The Zebesian pirate will work perfectly with Shiek with the flipping and wall grabbing. With all of these Cloud and Sonic character ports, someone really needs to port Samus because I'm running out of slots that I'm willing to replace!

I think the Chozo made Zebes their homeworld and then spread to other planets like Tallon IV, Elysia, and whatever the other planet was that was mentioned in that pirate observatory place in Phendrana (I THINK.)... or maybe they were referring to Zebes... I forget. I really need to play all 100% through the trilogy again to refresh my memory.  Mario Facepalm

I'm sure Aether will get in here in a minute and tell us where the Chozo came from.

There aren't enough Sonic/FF7/Anime characters on Samus to dictate the need for porting I suppose *sarcasm*

I never got the Trilogy because I heard that Prime 2 got so many new glitches that it was nearly impossible to play through it, and that they had severely butchered the graphics in Prime 1 and 2 so they look more like Prime3. I already have all 3 of them anyway, so it didn't bother me too much.

Aether
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #389 on: July 10, 2011, 06:39:20 PM »

It doesnt tell where the Chozo came from. They just settled on several planets, Zebes first, then SR388, then Tallon IV and Elysia and so on. They just considered Zebes to be their homeworld from that point. I dont think it tells where the Luminoth came from either. All of the intelligent races just moved to these other planets and met eachother along the way.

Pages:  1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 35
    Print
    Jump to: