Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: joke. on December 12, 2012, 07:21:17 PM
ur saying the newer brawlbox releases will be called icarus?
how does that relate to ssbb or even to wii?
Quote from: Spex130 on December 12, 2012, 08:32:33 PM
BrawlBox and Icarus are two different programs, if I'm understanding this right.

It's like if BB was stripped down to only the PSA making parts.

^

Quote from: AdfroMan on December 12, 2012, 04:46:43 PM
I got it to export an animation into a txt file but then nothing else happens. Is it supposed to convert it into a chr0?
Quote from: Mariodk on December 12, 2012, 08:36:11 PM
i know how to get it to export the animetion
first select all the bones
so press bake animetion
and it save as a txt file
then import it in brawlbox (change the file format from chr0 to raw txt so you can see the file )

^

Quote from: Chaos_Knight on December 12, 2012, 08:30:31 PM
Either to Kid Icarus or his liking of Ikaros.
Quote from: Anivernage on December 12, 2012, 08:59:50 PM
Both.

^

Quote from: Anivernage on December 12, 2012, 08:59:50 PM
Also i found a video of the guy who makes TAS ssbb videos.
He said in one he made chr0 to 3ds work and he said a program or script. The  vid was zeld doing  an "try of sexy animation" to a polygon Lol.
Cant link cuz im on a phone

I think there's a CHR0 exporter in BRRES viewer or something. I dunno but I do remember seeing Zelda doing one of her animations in 3ds Max in some video on youtube

Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on December 12, 2012, 08:51:06 PM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I could really use some help here. :/

This is the .txt the script exported.

Nothing too fancy just an animation used to test my rig.

On the second line, change "101f" to just "101".
It's the frame count. Idk why you have that f at the end.

Removing the f fixed the error for me. Dunno why the script puts that there if it breaks it.


After the v0.68 release on christmas, I'll start Icarus and in the process convert all forms to WPF.

That way I can make BB look better and more like an up-to-date program that doesn't use just windows default buttons and stuff.

And if you don't know wtf I'm talking about when I say converting to WPF, I mean like making BB look sorta like 3ds Max or Maya or something (but not exactly).

I guess I won't be making my Brawlbox coding departure very soon, it's just too fun :3

Quote from: AdfroMan on December 13, 2012, 12:11:42 AM
Removing the f fixed the error for me. Dunno why the script puts that there if it breaks it.

I coded a fix for it just now.

Quote from: Xaj on December 13, 2012, 12:57:27 AM
I mean like making BB look sorta like 3ds Max or Maya or something (but not exactly).
Make it a super sexy Maya! Fawk Max!

QuoteIdk why you have that f at the end.

Yeah. No reason to have a frame count be a floating point, so it must mean something else.

FC: 2191-7379-6272

Quote from: ForOhFor Error on December 13, 2012, 02:39:39 AM
Yeah. No reason to have a frame count be a floating point, so it must mean something else.

I will assume sarcasm.

No, I don't remember there being an f appended to the end when I last tested the script.
Also notice there are floating points below but they don't have an f at the end.

I guess saying "no idea" would be an exaggeration but it's fixed now anyway.

It does seem to put an f at the end of the number of frames. Maybe it stands for "frames", it also was the problem I had.

Quote from: Xaj on December 13, 2012, 12:57:27 AM
\I guess I won't be making my Brawlbox coding departure very soon, it's just too fun :3
That makes me feel good, in a way. I'm selfish.
My 3DS Friend code : 3411-0459-5550
PM me your FC as well, K?
In my Friend Safari:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

My Blog: (http://snivymodding.blogspot.com/)
Quote from: BlackJax96 on May 17, 2012, 11:05:22 PM
I live life on the EDDDGGGGEEEEE

December 13, 2012, 03:12:16 PM #13014 Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 03:15:20 PM by Mariodk
the brres viewer Chr0 exporter is not so good
since if you export the chr0 you also have to export the model aswell
since if using a model/boneset exported from Brawlbox to 3ds max
and use the animetion converted on the brres viewer  the model/animetions got really messed up
but the animetions works if exported the model with brres viewer but then the model´s normals/sometimes other stuff get messed up and the polygons is merged from 13 to 1 polygon

so it will be better if brawlbox had a chr0 exporter (also so we can test our rigs in 3ds max with brawl´s animetions)
i think if blackjax make the chr0 exporter i think he will do it in no time(compare to other stuff he had worked on)
since there is already a 3ds max animetion to chr0
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

December 15, 2012, 12:53:09 AM #13015 Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 12:54:06 AM by Mr.MW
Quote from: Mariodk on December 13, 2012, 03:12:16 PM
the brres viewer Chr0 exporter is not so good
since if you export the chr0 you also have to export the model aswell
since if using a model/boneset exported from Brawlbox to 3ds max
and use the animetion converted on the brres viewer  the model/animetions got really messed up
but the animetions works if exported the model with brres viewer but then the model´s normals/sometimes other stuff get messed up and the polygons is merged from 13 to 1 polygon

so it will be better if brawlbox had a chr0 exporter (also so we can test our rigs in 3ds max with brawl´s animetions)
i think if blackjax make the chr0 exporter i think he will do it in no time(compare to other stuff he had worked on)
since there is already a 3ds max animetion to chr0
^^This



December 16, 2012, 11:00:45 AM #13018 Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 11:07:26 AM by Mariodk
that is how the model and animetion looks if exported via brres view:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

and this is how the model/animetion looks if exported the model via Brawlbox and animetions from brres view(or the boneset we rig models on):
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

so i hope a new chr0 exporter in brawlbox will be made
so the converted chr0 file works with the bonesets we normaly rig models on so we can test our rigs in 3ds max or other stuff where we needing chr0 file converted

@Blackjax i know you is busy but i hope you will add a chr0 exporter in brawlbox in the future so we can export/import chr0/other animetion files just like we do with models
and i dont think it will be too hard for you(compare to make model import possible)
since chr0 exporter has already been done(but a outdated way)
and you can export animetions from 3ds max to chr0
so now just needed a updated chr0 to 3ds max thats works with models converted by brawlbox
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

omg deformed mario
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.