Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

wow dats a big file
lol
o n wen y say you think u understand rel it usually means you do...
:P

December 22, 2012, 07:51:48 PM #13036 Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 07:53:02 PM by Mariodk
Quote from: BlackJax96 on December 22, 2012, 07:17:50 PM
No I'm not. I just add whatever I want or feel is necessary and people are grateful for whatever I give them.

Nope D: Shaders don't display properly in the viewer yet so CLR0 doesn't either.

And K :af:




K so here's a rebuilt file that shows my current progress in RSAR. The entire structure is rebuilt identical to the original.
So far the only things that aren't working correctly are the symb string ids and the order of rsar entries.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9wnwe9x7hc4k1dp/test.brsar

Feel free to test it in-game if you want, although I don't think it'll work.

Also, about REL...
I *think* I fully understand it now, so I'll start on a rebuilder.

Oh and I almost forgot to mention that it won't be necessary to check "Export as Single Matrix" when you export a DAE anymore.
awesome xd
hopes it will be possible to port articles soon like give Ike pikmins and replace it with his sword article or in other words: make Shadow clone article for Naruto PSA over Ike
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

what kind of rels char rels or stage rels bj? it would be preety fun on either them on characters if we could port articles around it would be amazing or in stages if we finally could put hitboxs and such  any one of the two would be preety sweet just wondering what rels your going for.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

December 22, 2012, 11:36:36 PM #13038 Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 11:44:28 PM by pikazz
Quote from: BlackJax96 on December 22, 2012, 07:17:50 PM
No I'm not. I just add whatever I want or feel is necessary and people are grateful for whatever I give them.

Nope D: Shaders don't display properly in the viewer yet so CLR0 doesn't either.

And K :af:




K so here's a rebuilt file that shows my current progress in RSAR. The entire structure is rebuilt identical to the original.
So far the only things that aren't working correctly are the symb string ids and the order of rsar entries.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9wnwe9x7hc4k1dp/test.brsar

Feel free to test it in-game if you want, although I don't think it'll work.

Also, about REL...
I *think* I fully understand it now, so I'll start on a rebuilder.

Oh and I almost forgot to mention that it won't be necessary to check "Export as Single Matrix" when you export a DAE anymore.
awesome! :3
I hope you get everything! I am trying to add a "thing" that calls multiple methods!
haven't give so much but I am pretty sure how do to!

also, did you see what me and PW did? we successfully edited module to give special grab and throw inside each modules!
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=44101.msg1076899#msg1076899

Quote from: Mariodk on December 22, 2012, 07:51:48 PM
awesome xd
hopes it will be possible to port articles soon like give Ike pikmins and replace it with his sword article or in other words: make Shadow clone article for Naruto PSA over Ike
do you know exactly how to do? cause I have looked into more of how articles working and it will be HELL to add one article :srs:
trust me, it isn't a dance on a flower bed. more like a run for your life on a lava wave :srs:
Stupid Tinypic :C

Quote from: pikazz on December 22, 2012, 11:36:36 PM
awesome! :3
I hope you get everything! I am trying to add a "thing" that calls multiple methods!
haven't give so much but I am pretty sure how do to!

also, did you see what me and PW did? we successfully edited module to give special grab and throw inside each modules!
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=44101.msg1076899#msg1076899
do you know exactly how to do? cause I have looked into more of how articles working and it will be HELL to add one article :srs:
trust me, it isn't a dance on a flower bed. more like a run for your life on a lava wave :srs:
i know .rel editing is really hard
but i hope blackjax can make a .rel editor so most of us can use it but i think it will be as hard(or harder) as make model importing possible
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

it will be hard, you will need to experiment on your own, using other people's work as reference probably, is it just gonna be hex editting in brawlbox?
or do you have special stuff planned for it?

Quote from: Mariodk on December 23, 2012, 12:23:49 AM
i know .rel editing is really hard
but i hope blackjax can make a .rel editor so most of us can use it but i think it will be as hard(or harder) as make model importing possible
making a rebuilder to modules is much easier than doing something that works in modules!
and rebuild modules is like jumping down in a volcano to swim, jump up with a clean dollar in your hand after the bath in the lava :srs:
Stupid Tinypic :C

Quote from: Mr.MW on December 22, 2012, 07:40:29 PM
wow dats a big file
lol
o n wen y say you think u understand rel it usually means you do...
:P

Yeah RSAR takes a few seconds where the program idles to rebuild...

And I understand the structure, but remaking all the relocations is another story.

Quote from: Carnage on December 22, 2012, 08:00:46 PM
what kind of rels char rels or stage rels bj? it would be preety fun on either them on characters if we could port articles around it would be amazing or in stages if we finally could put hitboxs and such  any one of the two would be preety sweet just wondering what rels your going for.

There's no difference

Quote from: Mariodk on December 22, 2012, 07:51:48 PM
awesome xd
hopes it will be possible to port articles soon like give Ike pikmins and replace it with his sword article or in other words: make Shadow clone article for Naruto PSA over Ike

as long as you know how to code PPC

Quote from: pikazz on December 22, 2012, 11:36:36 PM
awesome! :3
I hope you get everything! I am trying to add a "thing" that calls multiple methods!
haven't give so much but I am pretty sure how do to!

also, did you see what me and PW did? we successfully edited module to give special grab and throw inside each modules!
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=44101.msg1076899#msg1076899
do you know exactly how to do? cause I have looked into more of how articles working and it will be HELL to add one article :srs:
trust me, it isn't a dance on a flower bed. more like a run for your life on a lava wave :srs:

yep I lurk that thread all the time man

Quote from: Mariodk on December 23, 2012, 12:23:49 AM
i know .rel editing is really hard
but i hope blackjax can make a .rel editor so most of us can use it but i think it will be as hard(or harder) as make model importing possible

I don't think it'll be that hard, actually.

Quote from: joke. on December 23, 2012, 12:25:10 AM
it will be hard, you will need to experiment on your own, using other people's work as reference probably, is it just gonna be hex editting in brawlbox?
or do you have special stuff planned for it?

Nah. The only thing you need to know how to do to make anything work is write PPC.

Quote from: pikazz on December 23, 2012, 12:27:14 AM
making a rebuilder to modules is much easier than doing something that works in modules!

^

Brawlbox just rebuilds the structure (this part is easy) with all the PPC code you write (this part is hard) and objects you add.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on December 23, 2012, 12:43:37 AM

Brawlbox just rebuilds the structure (this part is easy) with all the PPC code you write (this part is hard) and objects you add.
may I ask a request when I have it in mind!

I will try to add article in one module, but we can't do that yet because we cant add article in PSA yet D:
could you add a "add a article" function? :3
Stupid Tinypic :C

noob question warning...
what is PPC?
inb4googleit

December 23, 2012, 01:30:04 AM #13045 Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 01:32:37 AM by pikazz
Quote from: joke. on December 23, 2012, 01:21:05 AM
noob question warning...
what is PPC?
inb4googleit
PPC = PowerPC
a programmer code langauge like C++ and java.

except the PPC is the PUREST code that exist and are to the closest to the system than any other code, the module files are done by PPC

example of a PPC code:

Li r4 20
Addi r4 r4 20
stw r4 20
blr
Stupid Tinypic :C

Quote from: pikazz on December 23, 2012, 01:13:42 AM
may I ask a request when I have it in mind!

I will try to add article in one module, but we can't do that yet because we cant add article in PSA yet D:
could you add a "add a article" function? :3

sure

Quote from: joke. on December 23, 2012, 01:21:05 AM
noob question warning...
what is PPC?
inb4googleit

PowerPC Assembly code, basically just sets of specific commands that use input values.

Here's a comparison between C-Type codes and PPC:

– C:
int a, b, c, d, e;
a = (b + c) * (d - 4 * e);

– PPC assembler (r1=a, r2=b, r3=c, r4=d, r5=e):
add r2,r2,r3
mulli r5,r5,4
sub r4,r4,r5
mullw r1,r4,r2

the r's are registers, which are like variables, and I think there's only 32 of them available to use at once, although there are some other special registers like the count register and floating point registers.

Here's two really useful documentations on PPC.
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:w4LDer9GJ2EJ:www.cs.cornell.edu/Info/Courses/Spring-97/CS314/Topic_02.ps
https://www-01.ibm.com/chips/techlib/techlib.nsf/techdocs/852569B20050FF778525699600719DF2/%24file/6xx_pem.pdf

seems learnable for ppl that never saw that still i dont think almost any of us will be able to even understand the module stuff becuase it will be much worse inside lol
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Carnage on December 23, 2012, 01:55:49 AM
seems learnable for ppl that never saw that still i dont think almost any of us will be able to even understand the module stuff becuase it will be much worse inside lol
well, PW and Dant knows it alot.
Me and BJ96 learning about it but knows alot of stuff.
and when people will learn about it once it's rebuildable
that's atleast something!

also, all coders that makes codes to brawl is actually PPC code but in hex instead. it's just modules are little more trickier
Stupid Tinypic :C

Do you guys want a Brawlbox preview/beta release tomorrow?
I feel like a lot of big additions and revisions are still in progress, while tons of smaller things have been added, fixed and revised.

I mainly wanted to finish RSAR before Christmas but too much [censored] happened. :srs:

I'll have to hide or disable all the buttons/controls that don't work jsyk.

The main things I'm still working on are RSAR, REL, shaders, CLR0 viewing and SCN0 viewing (CLR0 and SCN0 rely on shaders... which don't work right yet).