Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Xaj on December 10, 2012, 05:04:11 AM
I copied your idea x5000

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


idk why the B is there though lol w/e

I like it! It looks really nice.



Quote from: Xaj on December 10, 2012, 05:04:11 AM
I copied your idea x5000

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


idk why the B is there though lol w/e

Quote from: Spex130 on December 10, 2012, 02:46:55 AM
Wings Style
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

The One-Winged BrawlBox?
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


I personally have no problems with the wings motif. :3

(Oh, also, a bit of a late Happy Birthday to Kryal.)

Quote from: PhantomWings on December 10, 2012, 05:03:53 PM
I personally have no problems with the wings motif. :3

(Oh, also, a bit of a late Happy Birthday to Kryal.)
PhantomWings and Brawlbox With wings...

I see what you did there :srs: xD
Stupid Tinypic :C

December 11, 2012, 06:53:09 PM #12981 Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 06:54:52 PM by Tcll
hey BJ...
have you fixed the SFX wav file exports yet??

if not, then I've written a small program that does...
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


import os,sys

def fixwav(DIR):
   for f in os.listdir(DIR):
       d=f.split('.')
       if len(d) > 1 and d[1]=='wav':
           print 'rebuilding file: '+f

           #read
           _f=open(DIR+'\\'+f,'rb')
           
           _fl =len(_f.read())-44 #filelen - 44
           _f.seek(0,0)
           
           _fh=_f.read(36) #good part
           _f.read(8) #skip '00 00 00 00  00 00 00 00' (bad part)
           _fc=_f.read(_fl) #sound data

           #write
           _f=open(DIR+'\\'+f,'wb')
           _f.write(_fh) #write good part
           
           _f.write( #fix bad part
               'data'+\
               chr(_fl&255)+\
               chr((_fl>>8)&255)+\
               chr((_fl>>16)&255)+\
               chr((_fl>>24)&255) )
               #^ u32(_fl)
           
           _f.write(_fc) #write sound data
           _f.close()

fixwav(sys.path[0])

the code above simply scans through the wav files in the current directory and fixes their headers.
(this does not break wav files already fixed) ;)

simply create a txt file and rename it as a py file and paste the code into it ;)

also...
CAN I ANIMATE PACHIRISU YET??
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

why not rig parchi in 3ds MAX over pikachus bones? O.o
Stupid Tinypic :C

December 11, 2012, 07:11:50 PM #12983 Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 07:13:15 PM by Tcll
Quote from: pikazz on December 11, 2012, 06:56:46 PM
why not rig parchi in 3ds MAX over pikachus bones? O.o
cause it already works in Brawl...
but I can't animate it properly unless I can Negate Pikachu's transformations...
(I'm not touching any bones correlated with Pikachu directly)
^ Pachi has his own set of bones...

I need to un-transform (or re-transform) 'Origin' so I can position the other bones correlated to Pachi...

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

What was the name chosen?

Also loved the icon BJ, really nice.

I just hope bowser and Samus are supported this time, that might incline me to come back from modding vacations.

Quote from: namq on December 11, 2012, 07:41:28 PM
What was the name chosen?

Also loved the icon BJ, really nice.

I just hope bowser and Samus are supported this time, that might incline me to come back from modding vacations.
IcarusBox. Excluding the "Box" part :P
3DS FC: 5370-0958-4818
Wii U NNID: Doraleus

Quote from: Tcll on December 11, 2012, 07:11:50 PM
cause it already works in Brawl...
but I can't animate it properly unless I can Negate Pikachu's transformations...
(I'm not touching any bones correlated with Pikachu directly)
^ Pachi has his own set of bones...

I need to un-transform (or re-transform) 'Origin' so I can position the other bones correlated to Pachi...
I have no idea what you mean by transformations or origin in pikachu, but I'm 99% sure you are making things seem much more complex than they are. You have an already rigged model don't you? I know many ways to put models into other models, as long as their structure is similar. And keeping the original rig. For example, the Red ranger and Rathalos Armor in my vault. I rigged nothing but fingers and toes for the Rathalos armor, just joined and fixed stuff.

Quote from: Iwvi on December 11, 2012, 09:15:08 PM
I have no idea what you mean by transformations or origin in pikachu, but I'm 99% sure you are making things seem much more complex than they are. You have an already rigged model don't you? I know many ways to put models into other models, as long as their structure is similar. And keeping the original rig. For example, the Red ranger and Rathalos Armor in my vault. I rigged nothing but fingers and toes for the Rathalos armor, just joined and fixed stuff.
but does the character it goes over still work like normal??

I still play as DP when versing Pachi.

to do that i had to have a seperate rig that wasn't linked in any way...


most of my work is done...
the 'Origin' bone is positioned just after a custom 'HipN' bone
(it has to be, otherwize it doesn't work properly)
that being said, the model floats around in a rotated T-Pose when playing...

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on December 11, 2012, 10:10:34 PM
but does the character it goes over still work like normal??

I still play as DP when versing Pachi.

to do that i had to have a seperate rig that wasn't linked in any way...


most of my work is done...
the 'Origin' bone is positioned just after a custom 'HipN' bone
(it has to be, otherwize it doesn't work properly)
that being said, the model floats around in a rotated T-Pose when playing...

if he floats in t stance is becuase no pikachu animation refers to his bones
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: namq on December 11, 2012, 07:41:28 PM
What was the name chosen?

Also loved the icon BJ, really nice.

I just hope bowser and Samus are supported this time, that might incline me to come back from modding vacations.
SmashBox

:3