Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Guys, relax.

I'm coding animation exporters and importers for like, 3 different formats atm, with the option to bake the animation or not.
This has been requested so much, I'm surprised you guys didn't think I'd do it by v0.69.

I'm going to remove that text importer once these are done too. I don't like it.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on August 24, 2013, 05:13:24 AMGuys, relax. I'm coding animation exporters and importers for like, 3 different formats atm, with the option to bake the animation or not. This has been requested so much, I'm surprised you guys didn't think I'd do it by v0.69. I'm going to remove that text importer once these are done too. I don't like it.

sorry I got up-tight about it :(

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

O.o  and what r those 3 different formats ur working on?
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Hey BJ, I don't know if this was already mentioned but on a Windows 8 computer, when importing a dae, I get an "Exception of type "System.Exception" was thrown." error. Happens even when I export one of he original brawl models as a dae, and then imediantly try to reimport it without even touching it, so...I guess it's something that I'll add to my list of things that Windows 8 screws up then? I still have a working Windows 7 computer but I figured that if this wasn't already mentioned that you should know about it.
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on August 24, 2013, 07:03:15 PM
Hey BJ, I don't know if this was already mentioned but on a Windows 8 computer, when importing a dae, I get an "Exception of type "System.Exception" was thrown." error. Happens even when I export one of he original brawl models as a dae, and then imediantly try to reimport it without even touching it, so...I guess it's something that I'll add to my list of things that Windows 8 screws up then? I still have a working Windows 7 computer but I figured that if this wasn't already mentioned that you should know about it.
i use Win8, and i dont get any kind of errors at all.. try updating ur .net framework from the OP.
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Quote from: DSX8-sama on August 24, 2013, 06:58:35 PM
O.o  and what r those 3 different formats ur working on?
want to know too since i have been needing a animetion chr0 converter for a while now
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

Quote from: BlackJax96 on August 24, 2013, 05:13:24 AM
Guys, relax.

I'm coding animation exporters and importers for like, 3 different formats atm, with the option to bake the animation or not.
This has been requested so much, I'm surprised you guys didn't think I'd do it by v0.69.

I'm going to remove that text importer once these are done too. I don't like it.

Didn't mean to stir up any fuss, was just wondering. Would make model/psa/animation mods a lot simpler to pull off.

Speaking of animation...



Sometime i find this, a animation file who cannot be opened and exported by BrawlBox, this file use a format who cannot be read by BrawlBox or it contains other thing more than animation ?

Next project after Blaze

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Model maker are now officialy wanted !

It's not a file. It's a reference entry.
The FileID is the FileIndex of the entry it really uses.

I'm making this more noob-friendly in the next version.

Random thought: Could you add the ability to drag and drop files onto brawlbox to open them?

Quote from: Keromonkey on August 29, 2013, 03:11:00 AM
Random thought: Could you add the ability to drag and drop files onto brawlbox to open them?

You already can, just don't drag it into the node tree or it doesn't work.
I'm working on importing and exporting files through dragging for the next release.

Hmm... This mp3/wav is weird... BBox doesn't want to read it... I'm sure the mp3 is actually the problem, but can you look at it, please?

Here's the MP3...
http://www.mediafire.com/?c7fd7pfcd58kfxm

Here's the wav...
http://www.mediafire.com/?nu6wlbn6b16w0cu
"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
[spoiler]
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

August 30, 2013, 09:52:13 PM #15162 Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 10:06:45 PM by StupidMarioFan1
Quote from: DSX8-sama on August 24, 2013, 07:06:43 PMi use Win8, and i dont get any kind of errors at all.. try updating ur .net framework from the OP.
Well that explains a lot, I remembered being able to import on the win8 before. It's hard when different awesome things require different versions of the net framework. *facepalm*
What should I do if I've already got 4.0 and/or 4.5 already installed, they both tell me that their version is already installed, and BrawlBox is still giving me an error when importing a dae. :srs: I mean I guess the bright side is that my computer that I use during the week is a windows 7 and BrawlBox is working just fine on it for now, but still it's a little annoying how I can't import dae files now on this computer. :notimp: Course I'm not saying it's BJ's fault or anything. Pretty sure someone would've thought that from my remark.
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on August 30, 2013, 09:52:13 PM
Well that explains a lot, I remembered being able to import on the win8 before. It's hard when different awesome things require different versions of the net framework. *facepalm*
What should I do if I've already got 4.0 and/or 4.5 already installed, they both tell me that their version is already installed, and BrawlBox is still giving me an error when importing a dae. :srs: I mean I guess the bright side is that my computer that I use during the week is a windows 7 and BrawlBox is working just fine on it for now, but still it's a little annoying how I can't import dae files now on this computer. :notimp: Course I'm not saying it's BJ's fault or anything. Pretty sure someone would've thought that from my remark.
well could be ur DAE also... u using 3ds max and the proper fbx plug-in for the DAE exporter?
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

The REL & DOL section editor is quite the monster:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Blue = Selected Word (A word is 4 bytes)
Yellow = blr
Red = Selected method, displayed on the left
Green = Word has a command
Red Text = Word has command references

Stuff on the right side:
- The boxes under "Value @ 0x#" allow you to modify the selected word as an integer, float, or just as binary.
- The list under "Linked Commands" displays all the commands from any section that offset to the selected word. Double clicking one will take you to it.
- The stuff under "Command Info" allows you to make, remove or modify a command applied to the selected word. Clicking "Open" will bring you to the target word.

The PPC disassembler isn't visible and the float/int boxes are disabled when the section isn't a code section.
You can also have a section editor open for every section, but only one instance per section.

Stuff still subject to change.