Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: TokoyamiTheDark on October 09, 2011, 11:08:14 PM
There are no FBX plugins for 3DS Max 8... I somewhat feel in pain... :(
Holy crap.
I don't see it either O_o
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


will you still be able to fight with ZSS if you want to??

It's not a worthy model hack in my book otherwize -_-


What I mean to say is, if you can port it, and animate it w/o affecting the others,
That's when the hack is worthy :)

I'm still working out a few RAM usage kinks in my method though... >_>

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

If I rename the bones of my model, should it be OK or not?
I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! :(

Quote from: TokoyamiTheDark on October 09, 2011, 11:08:14 PMThere are no FBX plugins for 3DS Max 8... I somewhat feel in pain... :(
The one here would be your best bet. If that doesn't work, then I guess you'd have to update to a newer version for it to work, unfortunately.

Quote from: TokoyamiTheDark on October 09, 2011, 11:14:39 PM
If I rename the bones of my model, should it be OK or not?
Maybe. It all depends on the bone rotations of the original model. If they're not the same as the model you're replacing, it's gonna bunch up and twist in all sorts of ways...

Quote from: Tcll on October 09, 2011, 11:12:40 PMwill you still be able to fight with ZSS if you want to??

It's not a worthy model hack in my book otherwize -_-


What I mean to say is, if you can port it, and animate it w/o affecting the others,
That's when the hack is worthy :)

I'm still working out a few RAM usage kinks in my method though... >_>
Yes. Being rigged over Zero Suit Samus, you can have Kit and Samus in the same fight.

Quote from: TokoyamiTheDark on October 09, 2011, 11:14:39 PM
If I rename the bones of my model, should it be OK or not?
They'd also have to have the same bone indexes.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Segtendo on October 09, 2011, 11:16:43 PMThey'd also have to have the same bone indexes.
So, I have absolutely no hope of porting her over Sheik, because I don't have her skeleton... Can BrawlBox re-creates bones for another character (ex. I save Sheik's bones in a folder, I upload my DAE into BrawlBox and put back the bones exactly at the same place that Sheik's has, would it work?)
I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! :(

It's not hopeless.
It just takes time to fix it.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


BrawlBox crashes when I do this (fix Sheik's bones to my Terra model in BrawlBox) ... I really need the skeletons of Zelda, Sheik and Snake. Where can I get them since I can't have them via 3ds max?
I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! :(

yea :)
Can you do me a favor though and help me test this >_>

Sry to uhh... Drop the bomb like that, so to say...

Eh... I'm sure as heck it'll work though ;)

So umm, rename all bones, except for brawl's used bones.
IDK what they are for ZSS, but I can tell you Pika's for you to compair to ZSS :)

TopN
-TransN
--XRotN
---YRotN
----HipN
-----...HaveN
---ThrowN

All of those like that, you will want to be dummy bones.
Any bones that are weighted, you'll want to rename ;)

For Pika, HipN contains weights...
To make this usable, you'll want to rename HipN, but add a HipN dummy bone.
Thus moving HipN2 above HipN.
You can then reposition him as neccesary :)

A minor flaw though is the length of your animation must match that of the original.
(you'll only be adding your bones for animation)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

YES
[censored] YES~
One small step is a very GOOD small step !

i will eat my underwear if you finish this before december :vyse:

I've never had to worry about bone indexing >_>

Pachirisu only has 24 bones (with my edit)
Compaired to Pika's 48...

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on October 09, 2011, 11:30:53 PMyea :) Can you do me a favor though and help me test this >_> Sry to uhh... Drop the bomb like that, so to say... Eh... I'm sure as heck it'll work though ;) So umm, rename all bones, except for brawl's used bones. IDK what they are for ZSS, but I can tell you Pika's for you to compair to ZSS :) TopN -TransN --XRotN ---YRotN ----HipN -----...HaveN ---ThrowN All of those like that, you will want to be dummy bones. Any bones that are weighted, you'll want to rename ;) For Pika, HipN contains weights... To make this usable, you'll want to rename HipN, but add a HipN dummy bone. Thus moving HipN2 above HipN. You can then reposition him as neccesary :) A minor flaw though is the length of your animation must match that of the original. (you'll only be adding your bones for animation)
Yeah, but BrawlBox crashes when I do this :( Just wasted my time. I can't import Brawl models in 3DS Max, and I need to have those bones... If there's no bone tree creator for MDL0s or DAE files, then I'm done for :'(
I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! :(

don't feel bad...
I should've thought before mentioning...

The very reason it's untested is BJ never had it working correctly in the time I needed it... >_>

So I guess it's a dud for both of us for now... eh heh

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

I found one Sheik model with the bones, but it's on GMod, and I can't download it myself... http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=80698
They require me to PAY for it!

But if I use the "MDL0s from other games" trick would my Dissidia Terra model work once converted into a MDL0?
I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! :(

RTB, I would think the Kit Model would work online right? Nothing else is affected accept for the mesh on the model... am I mistaken?