Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.


Quote from: SuperSmasher on October 09, 2011, 09:44:36 PMalright i tried, well, what xactly is flawed in the importer?
Err, I thought the BrawlBox v0.65 wasn't released yet...
I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! :(

Quote from: TokoyamiTheDark on October 09, 2011, 09:49:06 PM
Err, I thought the BrawlBox v0.65 wasn't released yet...
:srs:
It isn't. He's asking what's wrong with it.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: SuperSmasher on October 09, 2011, 09:44:36 PM
alright i tried, well, what xactly is flawed in the importer?

Something having to do with polygon data...

Quote from: BlackJax96 on October 09, 2011, 09:58:34 PM
Something having to do with polygon data...
so once that fixed.. then it'll be fully working.... or?
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady


Quote from: TommoPuppy on October 09, 2011, 10:02:44 PMYou had no part in this except bombarding him with questions.
Our? Where did you got that word?
I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! :(

Quote from: TokoyamiTheDark on October 09, 2011, 10:04:28 PM
Our? Where did you got that word?
Right here.
Quote from: TokoyamiTheDark on October 09, 2011, 09:38:33 PM
Congrats at the model import BlackJax! That means we're very close to our goal! Keep it up! ;)
All you've done is ask questions :srs:
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Segtendo on October 09, 2011, 10:07:30 PMRight here.All you've done is ask questions :srs:
When someone says 'we', it sometimes doesn't specially mention that person itself, but a majority of people. I know I haven't done anything but questions, but it turned out to be funny since I didn't use the word 'our' :D

EDIT : We may have different points of view towards something, and that's how I see it. I respect your own, even if you don't think so.
I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! :(

hey BJ :/
Have you figured out what the first and second 16bit values of the relocation offsets do yet??

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.


Sooner or later, THIS will become a reality in my own Wii. I don't care about shadings, what,s important to me is a well built model! She has her original skeleton, though. Would I have to change the skeleton, or I can leave it like this?
I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! :(

Quote from: TokoyamiTheDark on October 09, 2011, 10:28:02 PM
*image of Esper Terra*
Sooner or later, THIS will become a reality in my own Wii. I don't care about shadings, what,s important to me is a well built model! She has her original skeleton, though. Would I have to change the skeleton, or I can leave it like this?
It depends. If you want it to work over another character (like I did for Kit), then you'll need to rig them over the original character's skeleton, but if they're going to be a separate character, then it's not necessary. There is a slightly better way of matching a character to another's bone structure, but in order to do so you'll have to rescale the character to match the original's proportions as close as possible.

Quote from: RandomTBush on October 09, 2011, 10:48:20 PMIt depends. If you want it to work over another character (like I did for Kit), then you'll need to rig them over the original character's skeleton, but if they're going to be a separate character, then it's not necessary. There is a slightly better way of matching a character to another's bone structure, but in order to do so you'll have to rescale the character to match the original's proportions as close as possible.

Then how do I do this? Since my 3ds Max doesn't read DAE Brawl models, I don't know where I can get a Brawl skeleton for her. If only someone could make .3ds file for all Brawl characters with their skeleton then put it in MediaFire or something, then it would be easy for me, as no model I found on google had bones...
I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! :(

Quote from: TokoyamiTheDark on October 09, 2011, 10:54:09 PM
Then how do I do this? Since my 3ds Max doesn't read DAE Brawl models, I don't know where I can get a Brawl skeleton for her. If only someone could make .3ds file for all Brawl characters with their skeleton then put it in MediaFire or something, then it would be easy for me, as no model I found on google had bones...
The way I did so was by scaling Kit to match Zero Suit Samus's size as close as possible (though I'll be fixing it up significantly), renamed the bones, then re-imported ZSS's skeleton (which, by doing so, set all the translations and rotations for Kit's bones to mimic those of ZSS). Then I used Morpher to fix the polygons, and deleted the extra, non-ZSS bones, re-rigging where necessary.

But as for not being able to import DAE files, make sure you have the latest Autodesk FBX plugin installed for your 3DS Max version, and use that to import the DAE files from BrawlBox. (Make sure you scale the root bone to 100%, because it always seems to make it 39.37% whenever I do so.)

There are no FBX plugins for 3DS Max 8... I somewhat feel in pain... :(
I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! :(