Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 68 Guests are viewing this topic.

I like the sound of it aswell :-)

Quote from: BlackJax96 on August 16, 2012, 11:13:53 PM
There are no problems displaying the hitboxes on the right bone in the viewer.
It uses the raw int data, there's no conversion

and no and yes

So if you figure out how to manipulate the hair/cape thing to our advantage
Will there be a 3DS Max script to apply the physics or whatever needed for these things?

Falco rebuilt with the current version of BrawlBox crashes the game upon selecting the stage.

From a vBrawl pac that was simply saved with no edits ftr.

Quote from: Royal_Blade on August 18, 2012, 01:07:12 AM
I like the sound of this.
Me too !
But... hmmm... what is Tristripper ?

No more into brawl hacking as long as Fighter.pac remains not editable, also i don't have time for that anymore for the moment.
PSA/Moveset HERE : http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=41974.0
STAGES HERE : http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=60399.0

Quote from: Chaoszard on August 18, 2012, 11:36:55 AM
Me too !
But... hmmm... what is Tristripper ?

It shrinks the size of models, so they can have almost any filesize. If you didn't understand what I said, ask BlackJax.
My 3DS Friend code : 3411-0459-5550
PM me your FC as well, K?
In my Friend Safari:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

My Blog: (http://snivymodding.blogspot.com/)
Quote from: BlackJax96 on May 17, 2012, 11:05:22 PM
I live life on the EDDDGGGGEEEEE

Quote from: Snivy on August 18, 2012, 11:45:53 AM
It shrinks the size of models, so they can have almost any filesize. If you didn't understand what I said, ask BlackJax.
more like shrinks the filesize of MDL0's and lowers the amount of faces too in a model, meaning that some high poly models will be playable with no lag.. depends on the model
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady


>_>
My 3DS Friend code : 3411-0459-5550
PM me your FC as well, K?
In my Friend Safari:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

My Blog: (http://snivymodding.blogspot.com/)
Quote from: BlackJax96 on May 17, 2012, 11:05:22 PM
I live life on the EDDDGGGGEEEEE

Quote from: Supreme Dirt on August 18, 2012, 11:21:10 AM
Falco rebuilt with the current version of BrawlBox crashes the game upon selecting the stage.

From a vBrawl pac that was simply saved with no edits ftr.

Well how did you even save with no edits? BB won't even save if you don't change anything lol

Quote from: Chaoszard on August 18, 2012, 11:36:55 AM
Me too !
But... hmmm... what is Tristripper ?


It's a function that converts triangles into compressed primitive types called Tristrips & Trifans, which use approximately 3x less facepoints as Triangles, meaning less data for the Wii to render and a smaller filesize.

August 18, 2012, 04:57:46 PM #12309 Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 05:08:21 PM by Tcll
it works the same as to how you`d get 2 triangles from 4 points
Instead of 2 tris from 6 points

Post Merge: August 18, 2012, 05:02:44 PM

actually BJ
If you study gfx systems...
Tristrips are converted to triangles (just like anything else) just before being rendered

Post Merge: August 18, 2012, 05:08:21 PM

forgot to get to my point :P

It`s not so much the data being rendered more so that it`s being stored to RAM

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Ok now i understand why there are lots of votes for it.
Will it help to make more detailed textures ? I mean, will it prevent wii to slow down if textures or files it has to load and display are too big ?

No more into brawl hacking as long as Fighter.pac remains not editable, also i don't have time for that anymore for the moment.
PSA/Moveset HERE : http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=41974.0
STAGES HERE : http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=60399.0

Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on August 17, 2012, 09:23:39 PM
There is a very funny variable in use by Manaphy though.
I am bery instrested by the Manaphy.

sadly, I saw something related to Manaphy's Heart in Sora_Melee D:
Stupid Tinypic :C

So I doubt anyone else had my problem >_>
I just poked around and found out what it was.

The bone ID list on smash boards is no longer relevant in psa with brawlbox.
the id of the bone is the number it is in the bone tree <_<

So if X bone is 40 in the bone tree then bone ID is 40...
Yay for lazilly trying things I didn't think of trying before.

Time to finally get to work on bushy brow psa...

@Chaoszard:
Keep in mind that all data displayed in the scene has to be loaded into the wii`s RAM first

If the RAM fails to maintain enough space for the current display and any other loaded/unloaded data (such as menu+battle data or battle+FS data),
The wii will freeze

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on August 18, 2012, 04:56:37 PM
Well how did you even save with no edits? BB won't even save if you don't change anything lol

Whenever I say "no edits" I mean a very slight change that shouldn't compromise the file in any way ftr, in pretty much every case I change the kb angle of a collision so that it'll save.