Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

mario dk, you NEED to release that lol.
Quote from: Miacis on February 19, 2014, 01:06:26 AM
I know for a fact that the vast majority of the public here cares more about free products than actual quality.
I mean, we're kinda modding an old Wii game after like 6 years, instead of buying new stuff. That's pretty telling. :P



After trying for about 3 days to get Brawlbox v0.67b to work I'm completely perplexed and lost.  Not only can I not get this version to work, now for some reason if I try to use a different version it won't save the animations I make, it just crashes.  If I attempt to save in v0.67b it gives me this error before Brawlbox crashes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I have repeatedly made my Down-Special animation for Wargreymon convinced each time I've fixed the problem but now I have no idea what to do and without Brawlbox my progress on Wargreymon has slowed to a halt.  I'm hoping to get some help and answers here.
-Omni

Quote from: Omniscient X on December 16, 2012, 10:00:13 PM
After trying for about 3 days to get Brawlbox v0.67b to work I'm completely perplexed and lost.  Not only can I not get this version to work, now for some reason if I try to use a different version it won't save the animations I make, it just crashes.  If I attempt to save in v0.67b it gives me this error before Brawlbox crashes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I have repeatedly made my Down-Special animation for Wargreymon convinced each time I've fixed the problem but now I have no idea what to do and without Brawlbox my progress on Wargreymon has slowed to a halt.  I'm hoping to get some help and answers here.
-Omni

Help thread

Quote from: Xaj on December 16, 2012, 06:33:36 PM
fail
I have been known to do that frequently
That is strange, what exactly are you doing?
Ninja'd >.<
What the smart guy said.
Quote from: Miacis on February 19, 2014, 01:06:26 AM
I know for a fact that the vast majority of the public here cares more about free products than actual quality.
I mean, we're kinda modding an old Wii game after like 6 years, instead of buying new stuff. That's pretty telling. :P

Ok, REFF is now fully editable aside from the value animations.

You can, however, export the animation data from the main file, hex it (if you know what you're doing), and re-import it and it will rebuild it back into the main file accordingly.


I hit a roadblock with RSAR and school has been a [censored] lately with a merciless amount of homework and projects so idk if I can finish v0.68 by christmas. I might release a beta though. Maybe.

School finals?

Seems legit, don't sweat it man, keep it cool and release it on New Year (the first two weeks perhaps).  It would be the best I believe.  Others might agree, and some might not ;-).

A beta would be good and bad:

Good ---> bug reports and other related stuff
Bad -----> *ib4otherbrawlboxbuildswere[censored]viable* or other related stuff

Quote from: Xaj on December 12, 2012, 12:40:06 AMYou must wait 9999 more years.

SUPERULTRAMEGAFRAGILISTIC
WHATISTHISIDONTEVEN

wait...
you're not obligated to add features to help me with my projects??
but yet you're obligated to add features to help everyone else with there projects...

my good sir I do believe I am part of the "everyone else"
rendering your argument invalid. :>.>:


[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on December 18, 2012, 07:35:55 PM
SUPERULTRAMEGAFRAGILISTIC
WHATISTHISIDONTEVEN

wait...
you're not obligated to add features to help me with my projects??
but yet you're obligated to add features to help everyone else with there projects...

my good sir I do believe I am part of the "everyone else"
rendering your argument invalid. :>.>:


tcll do like everyone and rigg your model it isnt that hard
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Xaj on December 18, 2012, 02:58:36 AM
Ok, REFF is now fully editable aside from the value animations.

Yaaaay. Don't know what that means but yaaaay.

Is CLR0 viewable yet? Don't remember if you got that working, not an issue if you haven't.

Anywho, don't feel obligated to finish it by Christmas. We'll all be dead before then!  :happy:

Quote from: Tcll on December 18, 2012, 07:35:55 PM
rendering your argument invalid. :>.>:

LOL

No.

December 18, 2012, 09:02:02 PM #13031 Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 09:03:04 PM by Tcll
Quote from: Carnage on December 18, 2012, 08:32:46 PM
tcll do like everyone and rigg your model it isnt that hard
I'm not going through that again.

I think I'll just release a beta. (as it is)

EDIT:
besides...
I don't want to lose my other 3 hacks for Pika

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Ridley-G on December 18, 2012, 08:45:26 PM

Anywho, don't feel obligated to finish it by Christmas. We'll all be dead before then!  :happy:
3 days remains until the moon collides.
3DS FC: 5370-0958-4818
Wii U NNID: Doraleus

Tcll, BlackJax96 is obligated to do whatever he wants to do, so if he doesn't want to help you with your projects, then you should accept that and drop the constant nagging.
Either that, or continue and possibly face a warning for harassment (disruptive behaviour), because it is getting quite annoying seeing you post here everytime demanding that BlackJax96 helps you with Pachirisu and/or your model importing program, and it needs to stop.

December 22, 2012, 07:17:50 PM #13034 Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 07:31:02 PM by BlackJax96
Quote from: Tcll on December 18, 2012, 07:35:55 PM
but yet you're obligated to add features to help everyone else with there projects...

No I'm not. I just add whatever I want or feel is necessary and people are grateful for whatever I give them.

Quote from: Ridley-G on December 18, 2012, 08:45:26 PM
Yaaaay. Don't know what that means but yaaaay.

Is CLR0 viewable yet? Don't remember if you got that working, not an issue if you haven't.

Anywho, don't feel obligated to finish it by Christmas. We'll all be dead before then!  :happy:

Nope D: Shaders don't display properly in the viewer yet so CLR0 doesn't either.

And K :af:




K so here's a rebuilt file that shows my current progress in RSAR. The entire structure is rebuilt identical to the original.
So far the only things that aren't working correctly are the symb string ids and the order of rsar entries.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9wnwe9x7hc4k1dp/test.brsar

Feel free to test it in-game if you want, although I don't think it'll work.

Also, about REL...
I *think* I fully understand it now, so I'll start on a rebuilder.

Oh and I almost forgot to mention that it won't be necessary to check "Export as Single Matrix" when you export a DAE anymore.