Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

the reason why there's static if made in BB 68 or higher is cause its been supported for multi-channel brstm's, and those have static sounds in them (and also they dont play in older BB's due to multiple channels).

so if u want to make a brstm without any static sounds in the right side, then use BB 67b
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

June 05, 2013, 06:53:43 AM #14686 Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 07:01:05 AM by the_randomizer
Quote from: DSX8-sama on June 05, 2013, 06:39:05 AM
the reason why there's static if made in BB 68 or higher is cause its been supported for multi-channel brstm's, and those have static sounds in them (and also they dont play in older BB's due to multiple channels).

so if u want to make a brstm without any static sounds in the right side, then use BB 67b

And I was never aware of that change, could have been nice to know that, unless it was in the change log. Oh well.  Why wasn't I told that, now I feel like a jackass  r)

But whatever, I'll live  ;D

Quote from: the_randomizer on June 05, 2013, 06:53:43 AM
And I was never aware of that change, could have been nice to know that, unless it was in the change log. Oh well.  Why wasn't I told that, now I feel like a jackass  r)

But whatever, I'll live  ;D
lolz its all cool, just dont forget :P

but ya, i think its listed in the BB change list.. i think? "support for multi stream brstm's". so ya, brstm's with more than 1 stream in them do have static sounds in them, bj isnt sure y tho, so if that gets fixed somehow, then u probably wont get any static sounds when making a brstm.
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Quote from: DSX8-sama on June 05, 2013, 08:36:58 AM
lolz its all cool, just dont forget :P

but ya, i think its listed in the BB change list.. i think? "support for multi stream brstm's". so ya, brstm's with more than 1 stream in them do have static sounds in them, bj isnt sure y tho, so if that gets fixed somehow, then u probably wont get any static sounds when making a brstm.

Bugger, figured as much. Gonna use 0.67 in the mean time then. Oh well.

June 05, 2013, 08:09:25 PM #14689 Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 08:11:19 PM by DarkFire
I found a strange problem when loading Gilgamesh/Stay Night with BrawlBox v0.68 (b and c included...)

Here is the description :

Before I use it in BB v0.68, it looked like this :
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


When I used BB v0.68, it looks like this
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Impossible to open if I don't save it...

After saving with BB v0.68, it looks like this :
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


What could cause this ?
I have some models with this information (less null weight, around 100~125) and the model still loads

EDIT : This Gilgamesh model comes from Fate/Unlimited Codes, PS2/PSP game
"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
[spoiler]
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

perhaps im wrong but the fixing normal thing doesn´t work for me.
result is still the same as in the earlier versions

Quote from: the_randomizer on June 05, 2013, 02:56:17 AMOkay, there is a serious issue in Brawl Box 0.68 when it comes to BRSTM creation and when you upload them to brawlcustommusic.com. The files uploaded to that site have static in the right audio channel, but when played back on Brawl Box 0.67 and 0.68, they sound perfectly normal. I know 0.68 is responsible because I tested a BRSTM I made from 0.67 and it had no such issues. I don't know what is causing this, but it's rather baffling.

I was going to bring this up, but I wanted to confirm that It wasn't just before I did. Too bad the person that I asked to confirm this never did, but anyway....I think there should be a check box for rather or not the BRSTM is a multi-channel BRSTM or not, similar to how there's a check box for exporting weighted normals when exporting a model.
http://filesmelt.com/dl/[censored]y.png
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]


June 05, 2013, 10:46:11 PM #14692 Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 11:21:30 PM by BlackJax96
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

i get this when i try to view some models. i use brawlbox to make csps but i cant get some models to load. namely grey fox over meta knight.


http://www.youtube.com/user/ssben

episodes of web series

superben: 12
superben shorts: 6
micro superben: 4
2 stupid power rangers: 1
Ben's answering machine: 2
----------
photobucket name

superben_2007

June 05, 2013, 11:31:23 PM #14693 Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 11:34:46 PM by BlackJax96
Quote from: DarkFire on June 05, 2013, 08:09:25 PM
I found a strange problem when loading Gilgamesh/Stay Night with BrawlBox v0.68 (b and c included...)

Here is the description :

Before I use it in BB v0.68, it looked like this :
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


When I used BB v0.68, it looks like this
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Impossible to open if I don't save it...

After saving with BB v0.68, it looks like this :
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


What could cause this ?
I have some models with this information (less null weight, around 100~125) and the model still loads

EDIT : This Gilgamesh model comes from Fate/Unlimited Codes, PS2/PSP game

Use v0.68c.
Send me the model before you saved it

Quote from: PAVGN on June 05, 2013, 09:04:02 PM
I was going to bring this up, but I wanted to confirm that It wasn't just before I did. Too bad the person that I asked to confirm this never did, but anyway....I think there should be a check box for rather or not the BRSTM is a multi-channel BRSTM or not, similar to how there's a check box for exporting weighted normals when exporting a model.

That'd be pointless; multichannel BRSTM encoding isn't even supported.
The BRSTM encoder has been exactly the same since like, v0.64d.

Anyway, I can't reproduce this BRSTM error for the life of me. Made a bunch of BRSTMS, mono and stereo, looped and unlooped, and they all sounded great in BB and in-game.

I'm going to need some examples.

Quote from: DJ Lowgey on June 05, 2013, 08:57:20 PM
perhaps im wrong but the fixing normal thing doesn´t work for me.
result is still the same as in the earlier versions

Your normals must just be straight-up screwed then.
You're definitely doing something wrong; this has been the only remaining problem with normals for a while, and now it's fixed.

Quote from: superben2008 on June 05, 2013, 10:46:11 PM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

i get this when i try to view some models. i use brawlbox to make csps but i cant get some models to load. namely grey fox over meta knight.

Are you using v0.68c?
Send me the model if you are.

Quote from: DSX8-sama on June 05, 2013, 08:36:58 AM
lolz its all cool, just dont forget :P

but ya, i think its listed in the BB change list.. i think? "support for multi stream brstm's". so ya, brstm's with more than 1 stream in them do have static sounds in them, bj isnt sure y tho, so if that gets fixed somehow, then u probably wont get any static sounds when making a brstm.

*more than 2 streams.
Streams aren't always stereo


Damn all you people for reporting errors that aren't there.
How come you guys can't report normal bugs? D:

Quote from: BlackJax96 on June 05, 2013, 11:31:23 PMThat'd be pointless; multichannel BRSTM encoding isn't even supported.
The BRSTM encoder has been exactly the same since like, v0.64d.

Anyway, I can't reproduce this BRSTM error for the life of me. Made a bunch of BRSTMS, mono and stereo, looped and unlooped, and they all sounded great in BB and in-game.

I'm going to need some examples.

Try playing the BRSTM in Winamp. You'll notice It. I can send you a BRSTM I made If you need an example.
http://filesmelt.com/dl/[censored]y.png
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]


Quote from: PAVGN on June 05, 2013, 11:34:07 PM
Try playing the BRSTM in Winamp. You'll notice It. I can send you a BRSTM I made If you need an example.

Can you send one? I'm just shocked that doing nothing to code could break it. lmao

June 06, 2013, 12:44:08 AM #14696 Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 12:46:13 AM by the_randomizer
Quote from: PAVGN on June 05, 2013, 09:04:02 PM
I was going to bring this up, but I wanted to confirm that It wasn't just before I did. Too bad the person that I asked to confirm this never did, but anyway....I think there should be a check box for rather or not the BRSTM is a multi-channel BRSTM or not, similar to how there's a check box for exporting weighted normals when exporting a model.

There is no dialog box prompt, just save as .brstm. Nothing shows an option to make it multi channel or not. It says in the information the audio is two channels, which is what it's supposed to be, but the fact that a BRSTM sounds effed up in 0.68b but not 0.67b says something is amiss.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on June 05, 2013, 11:36:15 PM
Can you send one? I'm just shocked that doing nothing to code could break it. lmao

Like I said before, the playback on Brawl Box is fine, BUT try uploading a BRSTM made from 0.68b to Brawl Custom Music's website, THEN play it back using the site's flash player. It gets corrupted, but uploading a similar BRSTM from 0.67b does NOT have the same playback issue on the site.

Quote from: the_randomizer on June 06, 2013, 12:44:08 AMThere is no dialog box prompt, just save as .brstm. Nothing shows an option to make it multi channel or not.

I didn't say that. I was suggesting adding that so this problem doesn't occur.
http://filesmelt.com/dl/[censored]y.png
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]


Quote from: the_randomizer on June 06, 2013, 12:44:08 AM
There is no dialog box prompt, just save as .brstm. Nothing shows an option to make it multi channel or not. It says in the information the audio is two channels, which is what it's supposed to be, but the fact that a BRSTM sounds effed up in 0.68b but not 0.67b says something is amiss.

Like I said before, the playback on Brawl Box is fine, BUT try uploading a BRSTM made from 0.68b to Brawl Custom Music's website, THEN play it back using the site's flash player. It gets corrupted, but uploading a similar BRSTM from 0.67b does NOT have the same playback issue on the site.
Quote from: the_randomizer on June 06, 2013, 12:48:10 AM
Okay, I wasn't sure, but I don't know what went wrong between versions. But I suggested to Blackjax96 to upload the BRSTM to http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/ that he made from 0.68b, then try making the same song from 0.67b and compare the results with the site's music player.

If there's static during the playback on the site, the song will be rejected by the admins, as they are very stringent when it comes to clean audio upon uploading. The fact uploaded songs from 0.67b sound fine, but when 0.68b-uploaded files do NOT sound fine on the site tells me something is wrong.

Stahp.
I heard the problem in Winamp and am fixing it.
I'll let you know when it's not a problem anymore.

June 06, 2013, 02:13:33 AM #14699 Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 02:20:55 AM by the_randomizer
Quote from: BlackJax96 on June 06, 2013, 01:55:09 AM
Stahp.
I heard the problem in Winamp and am fixing it.
I'll let you know when it's not a problem anymore.

Thought the description (or "report") I made wasn't clear enough, so I provided information. But I went overboard at responding and repeating myself it seems  ;) Sounds to me that this was hardly a "bug" worthy of reporting. Heck, I would've been better off not reporting the damn thing in the first place.  The only real "issue" is that it outputs as static on the Brawl custom music site.  

All I wanted to do was confirm if it was my end or not, but it seems others have taken notice of it as being a slight inconvenience.  But, if it's an underlying issue, then by all means.