Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Young Lad on July 17, 2013, 07:50:06 AM
Yeah well you know how some foods spoil if you leave them sitting around for too long? It turns out that this error can be remedied by putting them in a cold device called a refrigerator. This can prolong the life of said foods.

Mind explaining why you're talking down to me?

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Quote from: Velen on July 17, 2013, 07:57:07 AM
Mind explaining why you're talking down to me?
He put BrawlBox into his refrigerator, Velen.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: PuffJigglyKing on July 17, 2013, 11:52:00 AM
He put BrawlBox into his refrigerator, Velen.

*Sigh...*

Can't even be taken seriously when trying to be helpful. It's probably some logic error you would manually need to root out anyway. Most logic errors that don't cause big screw-ups usually are the hardest to find and fix.

Having the ability to apply those transformations to all animations would really help out with characters who need to have their bone translations edited in order to be the correct size, and it would really be a boon to making size-mods easier if it were made to work.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Quote from: Velen on July 17, 2013, 07:57:07 AM
Mind explaining why you're talking down to me?

I'm not. I'm not sure if you know how to use a refrigerator, Velen.
Just like you're not sure if I know how to debug a program.

And copy and paste isn't an algorithm.

Quote from: Velen on July 17, 2013, 02:11:44 PM
*Sigh...*

Can't even be taken seriously when trying to be helpful. It's probably some logic error you would manually need to root out anyway. Most logic errors that don't cause big screw-ups usually are the hardest to find and fix.

Having the ability to apply those transformations to all animations would really help out with characters who need to have their bone translations edited in order to be the correct size, and it would really be a boon to making size-mods easier if it were made to work.

ok

July 17, 2013, 02:19:50 PM #14929 Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 02:23:30 PM by DarkPika
Quote from: Velen on July 17, 2013, 02:11:44 PM
*Sigh...*

Can't even be taken seriously when trying to be helpful. It's probably some logic error you would manually need to root out anyway. Most logic errors that don't cause big screw-ups usually are the hardest to find and fix.
Velen
those are your thoughts, we don't need to know them :)

I used to make the same mistakes back when I was a forum noob. ;)


@BJ: you don't need to be so critical to judge someone based on their thoughts...

EDIT:
BJ: brbx's copy/paste command/algorithm... I fully understood what he meant when he said that.

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Completely unrelated, but I've been wondering if this is just me or something else.

Anytime I use the vertex editor to mess with info.pac (specfically inf_mark or inf_face models), they look one size in BrawlBox, but shrink to tiny proportions in game. I can provide a screen if needed.

Is it something to do with the vertex positions not being a certain multiple?

Thanks for BB68d, by the way, it's great.
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

Quote from: Young Lad on July 17, 2013, 02:15:21 PM
I'm not. I'm not sure if you know how to use a refrigerator, Velen.
Just like you're not sure if I know how to debug a program.

And copy and paste isn't an algorithm.

I know you know how to use a debug program.

-and of course it's an algorithm. Algorithms are the basis of all functions in programming. It's a sequence of instructions given to the computer to process, for completing a specific task. Whether mathematical or otherwise.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Quote from: Velen on July 17, 2013, 03:03:30 PM
I know you know how to use a debug program.

-and of course it's an algorithm. Algorithms are the basis of all functions in programming. It's a sequence of instructions given to the computer to process, for completing a specific task. Whether mathematical or otherwise.
ok velen...
I know you took offense,
but I've already explained to BJ...

no more is needed KK

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

July 17, 2013, 03:17:55 PM #14933 Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 03:18:51 PM by Young Lad
Quote from: Shun_One on July 17, 2013, 02:47:02 PM
Completely unrelated, but I've been wondering if this is just me or something else.

Anytime I use the vertex editor to mess with info.pac (specfically inf_mark or inf_face models), they look one size in BrawlBox, but shrink to tiny proportions in game. I can provide a screen if needed.

Is it something to do with the vertex positions not being a certain multiple?

Thanks for BB68d, by the way, it's great.

Yeah a picture would be great.

And you are welcome good sir, enjoy and thank you



The top is where the character box in Brawl box, the bottom is where it shows up in game.
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

When you re-open the model in BB, is it still the same size you set it to?

Quote from: Young Lad on July 17, 2013, 04:57:01 PM
When you re-open the model in BB, is it still the same size you set it to?
of course...
that's not what he's talking about

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.


Tcll. I feel like you're trying to be BlackJax here...
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


July 17, 2013, 05:37:03 PM #14939 Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 05:38:05 PM by Shun_One
Quote from: Young Lad on July 17, 2013, 04:57:01 PM
When you re-open the model in BB, is it still the same size you set it to?
Yep, BrawlBox stays the same. Last HUD I made I over-came the problem by just over-sizing the boxes so they appeared normal in game.

Here's the file if it helps at all.
info.pac

EDIT: This might be important, but my laptop is too old to properly display OpenTK stuffs. Don't know if that'd effect it or not.
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM