Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

holy crap :o

hey BJ, if you're still learning stuff from the SDK,
have you seen the official OpenGX project??
https://github.com/davidgfnet/opengx

I've just stumbled across it due to a matrix multiplication code for the MD5 format.
(needed to validate)

but holy crap, this project is quite a looker ;D

it'll most certainly help me out with alot of my issues,
and I think it'll help you out with your newer issues. ;)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Nearly halfway done completing all the goals in the poll.

DOL/REL editing is coming along well. Everything in this pic is subject to change though:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Interpolation editing is complete:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


You can drag the blue line to change the frame, drag the keyframes to anywhere, view all of the interpolation or just a the selected keyframe, modify the tangent slopes, and turn off tangent generation. I also added a button under View->Animations to run CHR0, SRT0 or SHP0 linearly (the button in the image above that says Linear Display doesn't run the animation linearly, it only displays the interpolation as linear). The display changes automatically when you click the different animation boxes.

The only thing else I could add would be the ability to drag the tangent points, but I was hesitant about that since the screen adjusts itself to display all of the interpolation and would most likely mess up the dragging. I guess I could try it.

Also, if you're not following the Ikarus thread, there's been lots of progress on that too:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I AM A CODING MACHINE

Quote from: DarkPika on August 17, 2013, 04:23:00 AM
holy crap :o

hey BJ, if you're still learning stuff from the SDK,
have you seen the official OpenGX project??
https://github.com/davidgfnet/opengx

I've just stumbled across it due to a matrix multiplication code for the MD5 format.
(needed to validate)

but holy crap, this project is quite a looker ;D

it'll most certainly help me out with alot of my issues,
and I think it'll help you out with your newer issues. ;)

NOPE

NOW WE MUST DANCE

This is awesome great work :D and thanks for the gfx help
Super Smash Sisters Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/SmashSistersFinalConflict/?fref=nf

Smash Sisters Discord: https://discord.gg/QMwMgvg

Hey Blackjax. Can you tell me if one of all your versions of brawlbox allows editing .pac files of characters :
-Without messing specials (like it happens to Bowser for example)
-With still allowing them to be modified after by PSA.
I want to add some characters a new action and i'm always blocked by one of these two things (or both).
Thanks.

No more into brawl hacking as long as Fighter.pac remains not editable, also i don't have time for that anymore for the moment.
PSA/Moveset HERE : http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=41974.0
STAGES HERE : http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=60399.0

Quote from: Chaoszard on August 18, 2013, 11:16:07 AM
Hey Blackjax. Can you tell me if one of all your versions of brawlbox allows editing .pac files of characters :
-Without messing specials (like it happens to Bowser for example)
-With still allowing them to be modified after by PSA.
I want to add some characters a new action and i'm always blocked by one of these two things (or both).
Thanks.

use BB 68b for that... 68c and 68d doesnt have psa editing anymore.
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

August 18, 2013, 12:16:21 PM #15125 Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 01:12:10 PM by Chaoszard
Okay, thanks for you answer !

Edit :
It does not work. Specials are messed up one more time...

No more into brawl hacking as long as Fighter.pac remains not editable, also i don't have time for that anymore for the moment.
PSA/Moveset HERE : http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=41974.0
STAGES HERE : http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=60399.0

Quote from: BlackJax96 on August 18, 2013, 06:42:28 AMNearly halfway done completing all the goals in the poll. DOL/REL editing is coming along well. Everything in this pic is subject to change though:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Interpolation editing is complete:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
You can drag the blue line to change the frame, drag the keyframes to anywhere, view all of the interpolation or just a the selected keyframe, modify the tangent slopes, and turn off tangent generation. I also added a button under View->Animations to run CHR0, SRT0 or SHP0 linearly (the button in the image above that says Linear Display doesn't run the animation linearly, it only displays the interpolation as linear). The display changes automatically when you click the different animation boxes. The only thing else I could add would be the ability to drag the tangent points, but I was hesitant about that since the screen adjusts itself to display all of the interpolation and would most likely mess up the dragging. I guess I could try it. Also, if you're not following the Ikarus thread, there's been lots of progress on that too:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
I AM A CODING MACHINE NOPE NOW WE MUST DANCE
*dances with BJ* :3

also, epic progress! ;D
+1 ;)


I'm currently working on gaining kowledge, so I have nothing I can show >_>
plus I've been VC-brawling with friends on the kc-mm chat :P

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: tyshy on August 18, 2013, 06:47:21 AM
This is awesome great work :D and thanks for the gfx help

Thanks, and no problemo :)

Quote from: Chaoszard on August 18, 2013, 11:16:07 AM
Hey Blackjax. Can you tell me if one of all your versions of brawlbox allows editing .pac files of characters :
-Without messing specials (like it happens to Bowser for example)
-With still allowing them to be modified after by PSA.
I want to add some characters a new action and i'm always blocked by one of these two things (or both).
Thanks.


None of them. This is why I'm making Ikarus. 8)

Quote from: DarkPika on August 18, 2013, 02:24:20 PM
*dances with BJ* :3

also, epic progress! ;D
+1 ;)


I'm currently working on gaining kowledge, so I have nothing I can show >_>
plus I've been VC-brawling with friends on the kc-mm chat :P


Oyissssss

Playing videogames is a valid excuse as videogames are awesome. :o

Quote from: BlackJax96 on August 18, 2013, 04:16:50 PMOyissssss Playing videogames is a valid excuse as videogames are awesome. :o
I should've said skype
I'm talking to them while brawling with hacks :D
(legit online texture/model hacks only)
^ it only desyncs if there's alot of lag, and I have an old FPC :P
(never updated my GCT since I started Gecko... heh)

sorry...
not that anyone else cares :P


yah everything you're doing looks epic ;D
I'll have to catch up to you =3
(challenge accepted)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Ikarus looks sick, man. Can't wait till it's ready. I love PSA, but I have a feeling I'm gonna change over and fast. :D

Quote from: BlackJax96 on August 18, 2013, 06:42:28 AMDOL/REL editing is coming along well. Everything in this pic is subject to change though:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Gibberish and hexadecimals! Fantastic!

But seriously, nice progress on this. Also likin' that animation interpolation~ (:


Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on August 18, 2013, 04:34:13 PM
Ikarus looks sick, man. Can't wait till it's ready. I love PSA, but I have a feeling I'm gonna change over and fast. :D
This.
One more reason to get it ! I can't wait for it.

No more into brawl hacking as long as Fighter.pac remains not editable, also i don't have time for that anymore for the moment.
PSA/Moveset HERE : http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=41974.0
STAGES HERE : http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=60399.0

Hello everyone ! :)

I am currently studying the use of shader with brawlBox for future use and i have some questions, most of the information i have find was very very old (2010-2011).

First, the "stage" of a shader, what determines the stage of a shader and how ?

The alpha channel, some shader can use the alpha layer of the textur (for transparency), i have try to find what can enable/disable the alpha in a shader, comparing shader who can use the alpha with those who can not but they are too different setting to allow me to locate what I was looking for.

And finaly, the light and brightness, same as tha alpha, i try to know how i can set the brightness of the shader and if with the shader (or the material) i can allow an object to emit light.

Thanks

Next project after Blaze

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Model maker are now officialy wanted !

Quote from: Novarek on August 18, 2013, 06:26:00 PM
Hello everyone ! :)

I am currently studying the use of shader with brawlBox for future use and i have some questions, most of the information i have find was very very old (2010-2011).

First, the "stage" of a shader, what determines the stage of a shader and how ?

The alpha channel, some shader can use the alpha layer of the textur (for transparency), i have try to find what can enable/disable the alpha in a shader, comparing shader who can use the alpha with those who can not but they are too different setting to allow me to locate what I was looking for.

And finaly, the light and brightness, same as tha alpha, i try to know how i can set the brightness of the shader and if with the shader (or the material) i can allow an object to emit light.

Thanks

A shader can have up to 16 stages. A stage holds color interpolation information to blend colors together from various sources (with the previous stage's output color, usually). You can add a stage to a shader by right clicking it -> Add Stage.

The shader only combines/blends colors together, it doesn't do anything else.
Everything else is handled by the material.

Color and Alpha are always used by the shader. The display of alpha and opacity is determined by the material, not the shader, by using Alpha Testing or Blending, respectively.

Lighting can be enabled through the LightChannels in the material. You can enable Color and Alpha lighting there. If you disable Color for LightChannel1, the material will appear to glow since it won't be shadowed.

Here's some more specs that I never finished:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=39649.msg801237#msg801237

Quote from: BlackJax96 on August 18, 2013, 08:34:53 PM
A shader can have up to 16 stages. A stage holds color interpolation information to blend colors together from various sources (with the previous stage's output color, usually). You can add a stage to a shader by right clicking it -> Add Stage.

So all the stage of a shader work together at the same time ?
Or they are only active under certain conditions ?


Quote from: BlackJax96 on August 18, 2013, 08:34:53 PMColor and Alpha are always used by the shader. The display of alpha and opacity is determined by the material, not the shader, by using Alpha Testing or Blending, respectively.

Lighting can be enabled through the LightChannels in the material. You can enable Color and Alpha lighting there. If you disable Color for LightChannel1, the material will appear to glow since it won't be shadowed.

I have do some test yesterday, using some shader but all with the same materials and with a texture with a alpha transparency.

The result was very different, the texture become much more dark or bright and the alpha transparency becoming opaque (white) or fully transparent, depending of the shader used.

As you say, only the material can control such thing, that is why the result surprised me.



Quote from: BlackJax96 on August 18, 2013, 08:34:53 PMHere's some more specs that I never finished:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=39649.msg801237#msg801237

There are some really useful information, you should add a sticky.

Thanks a lot for all this information, it'll be very useful for me.

Next project after Blaze

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Model maker are now officialy wanted !