Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

How was your birthday BlackJax? (:

How's the Program goin also?

happy late B-day BJ :af2:

o.o
dual monitors, BJ you taunt me =3=
(/wishes my video card hadn't've blown)

anyways... congradulations on the er... unfinished editor BJ :)
it looks amazing. ;D


by any chance... is it possible to edit individual normals and UV's in Brbx yet??
- DP's hair is the reason for editing individual normals (/doesn't want an automatic process to do this work for him)
- another Pika hack I'm working on needs the tail UV's moved up

thanx :3

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

September 18, 2013, 05:23:20 PM #15197 Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 05:25:01 PM by Sirkura
hey bj i don't know if you noticed or not but in BB .69d the import all for texture files doesn't work. (did it ever work? i've never really tried to use it till now) altho the export all does. been messing with a new SSS and have to replace all those stage textures 1 by 1 qq there's around 900 i need to redo .-.

September 18, 2013, 10:15:09 PM #15198 Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 10:32:40 PM by Mr.MW
Quote from: Sirkura on September 18, 2013, 05:23:20 PM
hey bj i don't know if you noticed or not but in BB .69d the import all for texture files doesn't work. (did it ever work? i've never really tried to use it till now) altho the export all does. been messing with a new SSS and have to replace all those stage textures 1 by 1 qq there's around 900 i need to redo .-.

BB .69d does not exist... :>.>:
and it would be too much for girrls to handle


anyways, u can use hot keys already assigned in brawlbox,
to replace texture icons, just use "Ctrl+R", and it replaces the existing icon with your new one without renaming it(so you get to keep file names)

Quote from: Mr.MW on September 18, 2013, 10:15:09 PM

BB .69d does not exist... :>.>:
and it would be too much for girrls to handle


anyways, u can use hot keys already assigned in brawlbox,
to replace texture icons, just use "Ctrl+R", and it replaces the existing icon with your new one without renaming it(so you get to keep file names)

lol oops typo xD  was tired shh ment 68d. and ty for the tip! this will help speed things along. still have the other SSS to do for my project.


Quote from: FitRicky02.pcs on September 19, 2013, 02:24:35 AM
Holy [censored]
I know this is totally off topic, but you sir have an awesome username.

September 20, 2013, 02:44:25 PM #15202 Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 02:45:30 PM by DarkPika
hey BJ...
I know it's not really a big deal but...
do you plan on implamenting faster animation playback??
60 is like it's running the animation at 60% speed... heh
EDIT: 1.5x or 2x playback would also be a nice feature :3

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: DarkPika on September 20, 2013, 02:44:25 PM
hey BJ...
I know it's not really a big deal but...
do you plan on implamenting faster animation playback??
60 is like it's running the animation at 60% speed... heh
EDIT: 1.5x or 2x playback would also be a nice feature :3

lol i'm pretty sure 60 fps is what brawl normally runs at. but faster animation playback might be useful on longer animations.

September 20, 2013, 06:37:41 PM #15204 Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 06:39:44 PM by DarkPika
Quote from: Sirkura on September 20, 2013, 04:53:46 PMlol i'm pretty sure 60 fps is what brawl normally runs at. but faster animation playback might be useful on longer animations.
I'm sure it does too...
problem is I need the boost as it runs at about 36FPS on my compy...
(setting the time phase DOES work 100%, it's just slower)
^ I need it at about 92 before it'll run at normal speed (estemated with tests done in PyOpenGL)

fun fact:
60% of 60FPS is 36FPS :af:

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: DarkPika on September 17, 2013, 02:23:13 AM
happy late B-day BJ :af2:

o.o
dual monitors, BJ you taunt me =3=
(/wishes my video card hadn't've blown)

anyways... congradulations on the er... unfinished editor BJ :)
it looks amazing. ;D


by any chance... is it possible to edit individual normals and UV's in Brbx yet??
- DP's hair is the reason for editing individual normals (/doesn't want an automatic process to do this work for him)
- another Pika hack I'm working on needs the tail UV's moved up

thanx :3

hey thanks

there's not going to be a normal or uv editor just because we have tons of external editors already made for that, plus it would be a pain in the ass for me to code. Brawlbox is a brawl modding program, not a 3D modeling program.

Quote from: Sirkura on September 18, 2013, 05:23:20 PM
hey bj i don't know if you noticed or not but in BB .69d the import all for texture files doesn't work. (did it ever work? i've never really tried to use it till now) altho the export all does. been messing with a new SSS and have to replace all those stage textures 1 by 1 qq there's around 900 i need to redo .-.

You mean Replace All? The Import Folder button has been working great (it's the same thing as import all) and the Replace All button has been fixed for the next release, as stated in the changelog on the OP. I always update the OP changelog with new stuff as I make progress.

Quote from: DarkPika on September 20, 2013, 02:44:25 PM
hey BJ...
I know it's not really a big deal but...
do you plan on implamenting faster animation playback??
60 is like it's running the animation at 60% speed... heh
EDIT: 1.5x or 2x playback would also be a nice feature :3

Any Brawlbox lower than v0.68d runs at about 40fps max.

The animation timer was updated in v0.68d to run at exactly 60fps max, or at least as fast as your computer can handle. There are also a few things that can dramatically slow down the rendering speed like rendering vertices or showing text overlays.

The timer can't render the scene any faster than 60fps, really.

Quote from: Iwvi on September 19, 2013, 11:46:34 PM
I know this is totally off topic, but you sir have an awesome username.

You could say it...

FITS ME
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]



Quote from: BlackJax96 on September 20, 2013, 08:02:32 PMhey thanks there's not going to be a normal or uv editor just because we have tons of external editors already made for that, plus it would be a pain in the ass for me to code. Brawlbox is a brawl modding program, not a 3D modeling program. You mean Replace All? The Import Folder button has been working great (it's the same thing as import all) and the Replace All button has been fixed for the next release, as stated in the changelog on the OP. I always update the OP changelog with new stuff as I make progress. Any Brawlbox lower than v0.68d runs at about 40fps max. The animation timer was updated in v0.68d to run at exactly 60fps max, or at least as fast as your computer can handle. There are also a few things that can dramatically slow down the rendering speed like rendering vertices or showing text overlays. The timer can't render the scene any faster than 60fps, really.
I have 0.68d

I wish we had the frame limit of 100 back -.-*
older brbx's with that implamentation could run animations at 100FPS even on my machine.
(that's because there was less data processed)
^ I now assume about 62FPS on my machine at 100FPS

and I wish normal editing was easier on other programs...
(you can't redirect the normal and change it's coords)

if you could export them to a better (less error-prone) format,
things would be alot easier.

unless you've fixed those issues I've reported :-\

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: DarkPika on September 20, 2013, 11:44:17 PM
I have 0.68d

I wish we had the frame limit of 100 back -.-*
older brbx's with that implamentation could run animations at 100FPS even on my machine.
(that's because there was less data processed)
^ I now assume about 62FPS on my machine at 100FPS

and I wish normal editing was easier on other programs...
(you can't redirect the normal and change it's coords)

if you could export them to a better (less error-prone) format,
things would be alot easier.

unless you've fixed those issues I've reported :-\

Why would you need to run it at 100fps?

FC: 2191-7379-6272