Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 9 Guests are viewing this topic.

Oh, actually, it seems deleting the topmost bone...somehow didn't actually delete it? If I view it in the model viewer, the bone names appear in the panel, you can still "select" the "bones", and you can "rotate" the bones you select (you will see the rotation values change in the bottom panel, but the visual sphere will not change position), but the bones themselves are invisible in the viewer whether you have the visibility for the bones checked or not. Perhaps because Brawlbox can still see them, even though they technically don't exist?

I also tried this with deleting everything but the top bone, in case it still needed something attached. Same thing, except top bone could be seen rotating, but none of the ghost bones moved with it.

Also, if I save the BRRES after deleting the bones, close it, then reopen it, I can no longer view the model. This happens whether I've deleted all the bones or all but one.


Hey i'm having a problem with the vertices editor in the latest few versions of Brawlbox. What happens is I either get blown up textures, or the model which vertices I edited is completely invisible. I'm not particularly sure why this is happening because it works perfectly for my friend on his computer. I would definitely love to be able to use the vert editor so any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.


Personal PSA Thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=64229.0
Project Pokemon: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=47219.0
"If we save her, I am going to take off her pants and play Slip'N'Slide. Wicky wicky wick, wicky wicky wick, Fresh Cowboy from the Westside"

before checking...
can I still export DAE 1.4.1??

I kinda don't have 1.5 support just yet

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: FitDarkPika00.pcs on November 21, 2013, 04:57:09 PM
before checking...
can I still export DAE 1.4.1??

I kinda don't have 1.5 support just yet
lol neither do i, but 1.4 collada importer in 3ds max works fine with it, even tho it throws a small error saying its a 1.5 version.
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

how hard would it be to fix it so it imports collada .daes as well as 3ds max's, because I'm having to luck getting 3ds max.

Help please. Ctrl+Backspace and Ctrl+Shift+Backspace aren't working for me. 

Hey BJ I cant figure out how to make animated gifs with Brawl Box. I tried changing the image format before clicking To Animated GIF in the options menu but no luck.
WiFi Brawl FC:0606-0014-4748

You turned into a real boring [censored] while I was away. -Yoko

Hooray for surpassing 4000 downloads!! Thanks guys!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: RevenantGenesis on November 21, 2013, 07:34:11 AM
Hey i'm having a problem with the vertices editor in the latest few versions of Brawlbox. What happens is I either get blown up textures, or the model which vertices I edited is completely invisible. I'm not particularly sure why this is happening because it works perfectly for my friend on his computer. I would definitely love to be able to use the vert editor so any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

What OS, 32 or 64 bit, and what language locale to do you use?
Does it ALWAYS happen on any model?

Quote from: FitDarkPika00.pcs on November 21, 2013, 04:57:09 PM
before checking...
can I still export DAE 1.4.1??

I kinda don't have 1.5 support just yet

nop
I'll add it back in a later version

Quote from: Uria350 on November 22, 2013, 11:11:56 PM
how hard would it be to fix it so it imports collada .daes as well as 3ds max's, because I'm having to luck getting 3ds max.

What program are you trying to use?

Quote from: Flowteau on November 23, 2013, 09:28:58 PM
Help please. Ctrl+Backspace and Ctrl+Shift+Backspace aren't working for me. 

Make sure the model panel is in focus. Click on it then try the shortcut.

Quote from: heavyd88 on November 25, 2013, 03:18:53 AM
Hey BJ I cant figure out how to make animated gifs with Brawl Box. I tried changing the image format before clicking To Animated GIF in the options menu but no luck.

Select an animation, make sure the image format is set to GIF, then click To Animated GIF.
It will lock the editor, play the animation and then start encoding it.

Are there any chances of BrawlCmd being used? I'll learn C# to try and help out, but I'd mainly like to be able to do (de)compression of some of the files through CLI in the future.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on November 25, 2013, 03:33:37 AM
Select an animation, make sure the image format is set to GIF, then click To Animated GIF.
It will lock the editor, play the animation and then start encoding it.
Thanks for the help, got it working now.
WiFi Brawl FC:0606-0014-4748

You turned into a real boring [censored] while I was away. -Yoko

Hooray for surpassing 4000 downloads!! Thanks guys!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on November 25, 2013, 03:33:37 AM
What OS, 32 or 64 bit, and what language locale to do you use?
Does it ALWAYS happen on any model?



I have a 64 bit, and English.
So far yes it happens every time, though I've only tried it on Marth and Ike models.


Personal PSA Thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=64229.0
Project Pokemon: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=47219.0
"If we save her, I am going to take off her pants and play Slip'N'Slide. Wicky wicky wick, wicky wicky wick, Fresh Cowboy from the Westside"

Out of curiosity, why has moveset editing been moved to a different project? It's not really a big deal to me, but I'm kinda curious as to why it's not all in one convenient program.
"The people of the world are builders. But look deep into their hearts, and you find that they also have the power to destroy." - Teridax

Quote from: Soneek on November 25, 2013, 07:04:18 AM
Are there any chances of BrawlCmd being used? I'll learn C# to try and help out, but I'd mainly like to be able to do (de)compression of some of the files through CLI in the future.

I don't update BrawlCmd and I don't know if it supports decompression or compression. It should be on the SVN so you're free to update it if you want. All you probably need to do is add some command to call BrawlLib's compression and decompression functions.

Quote from: RevenantGenesis on November 25, 2013, 10:19:57 PM

I have a 64 bit, and English.
So far yes it happens every time, though I've only tried it on Marth and Ike models.

What version of Windows?
Can you post a pic?

Quote from: Ghoti on November 26, 2013, 02:24:41 AM
Out of curiosity, why has moveset editing been moved to a different project? It's not really a big deal to me, but I'm kinda curious as to why it's not all in one convenient program.

Brawlbox has really become a general Wii modding program now, while Ikarus will be a Brawl-only animation and moveset creation program that reads directly from the extracted Brawl iso, like what you have on your SD card.

I could explain more but you'll understand what I mean once Ikarus is released.

Quote from: Ghoti on November 26, 2013, 02:24:41 AM
Out of curiosity, why has moveset editing been moved to a different project? It's not really a big deal to me, but I'm kinda curious as to why it's not all in one convenient program.
He wants to make an all-in-one tool for moveset editing (hit/hurtboxes, animating, PSAing, etc.) He's naming it "Ikarus."
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


I have a GIF-Making program called Benton Movie GIF. I used it for my Subspace Emissary Stage, and works fine, when it comes to making GIF files. Not sure if you've heard of it.