Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.




Quote from: BlackJax96 on November 26, 2013, 05:15:24 AM

some text

What do you want from us Monsta?!

But this is my problem
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

This is a pic from Dolphin but it looks the same on the Wii.
What I did to get here was simply move a single vert in his hair. I'm not sure what causes this in opposed to the polygon I edited completely disappearing all together, but they both occur to me when the verts are edited. Oh, and I use Windows 8, which is possibly the problem because its the only difference between my friends computer and my own.


Personal PSA Thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=64229.0
Project Pokemon: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=47219.0
"If we save her, I am going to take off her pants and play Slip'N'Slide. Wicky wicky wick, wicky wicky wick, Fresh Cowboy from the Westside"

Hey everyone. I thought about this for a long time, and it's probably going to disappoint all of you.
It was a tough decision, and probably a selfish one, too.

I'm going to stop coding Brawlbox and Ikarus completely on December 1st.
I'll upload everything I have to the svn and anybody is free to try to pick it up and continue it.

I'm done with everything related to Super Smash Bros. Like Kryal did, I have to abruptly and completely cut the ties with it and not look back. It's like some weird addiction that needs to be stopped. Starting Ikarus at this point was unfortunately a naive idea, imo. :-\
I originally said I would put off leaving until next year because it was far away. Like it would never come. I like to procrastinate.

Coding Brawlbox was fun when I first started because I was learning C# and coding the model importer, which was really exciting.

But it's not that exciting anymore, and I need to move on now.
I've been bound to programming Brawlbox and now Ikarus for all this time because I didn't want to disappoint anyone and I do enjoy programming. I'm also very comfortable with the BrawlLib's source code now.

But I realized I have to stop being so selfless and I have to leave my comfort zone. I need to do what I want to do, not what everyone wants me to do. So that's why I decided to quit so soon. I want to focus on designing my game now, full-time.

I'm thankful today for the past 4 years of coding and modding around here, and I hope everyone is thankful for what I've done as well.

I'll still be around the forums and I can still answer questions, I guess.
I apologize for making all the promises I won't keep.

It's okay. I feel like Brawl hacking is kind of slowing down :-\
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


I can say for everyone:

THANK YOU SO MUCH! We would be next to nothing without you.

Thank you! <3



Thanks for all the time you put into the community for all these years.

Thanks to you, I've been able to do things I never thought I'd even attempt. I wish you well with whatever you do.
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

See ya.

Did you comment everything? You KNOW I'm going to be poking around in there, lol.

Anyways, good run man. Stay and visit, alright?


Thank you for everything that you've done for us BlackJax, as well as dealing with me and all my questions when I first started importing.

I hope to see you around still, good luck with life and everything!

Thanks for understanding everyone I'm glad I helped you all out.
I'll be around.

Here's a fitting hardstyle track for the moment
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Quote from: Spex130 on November 29, 2013, 03:30:39 AM
Did you comment everything? You KNOW I'm going to be poking around in there, lol.
I left a whole bunch of comments :)

This song fits well too... :' )

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I'd like to say thanks. You're a a great modder, and will be surely remain a legend of brawl modding. Do whatever you feel like, try to visit now and then, and remain awesome. Have I ever mentioned I opted for programmer instead of animator thanks to you? You're that awesome! :P

November 29, 2013, 03:52:41 AM #15493 Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 03:53:34 AM by SOJ


BlackJax, I want to thank you for all the hard work you've poured into this project over the years. Without your modifications to BrawlBox, I would have probably given up on hacking Smash. You've done wonders for the community, and your name will go down in Smash hacking history.  Good luck with your new game and wherever life takes you next!

"big" hackers always leaves for personal projects or decadence of brawl hacking (except dao, who left without leaving any trace or saying anything); well, brawlbox is strong enough for the future thanks to you; and personally, I wouldnt have ever known MMD models could be imported if it wasnt thanks to you too so I debt you that

El
psy
congroo.