Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 66 Guests are viewing this topic.

Yeah. You'll be able to import rigged characters.

Alright. How far did you make it? Did anyone ever finish a full converter?

Quote from: Sveet on December 22, 2010, 09:51:23 AM
Alright. How far did you make it? Did anyone ever finish a full converter?

no...
the relocation table is my problem...
more like IDK now to decide the differences between the data's...

@SH:
of course :P
it'll do more than that even :D

shoot I mean blend can handle everything the MDL0 does, and more
but yea...

it's the back conversion that has me :/
apperently it's easier to read an MDL0 than it is to write one...

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

December 22, 2010, 02:06:22 PM #138 Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 03:05:19 PM by Tcll
hey BJ...

I've figured out something with the offsets...
I'm looking at them quite differently now...
take a look at this:

the reason there's a line through the last 2 boxes is because that's how I used to look at them...

so thit's the new way now...
can you gather anything from that??

and btw, this confuses me:
00 00 00 48 00 00 00 03
FF FF 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 3D 00 00 00 00 00 03 00 00 BF 3C 00 00 26 90
00 38 00 00 00 01 00 02 00 00 BF 4C 00 00 72 10
00 39 00 00 00 02 00 03 00 00 BF 5C 00 00 74 90


notice the order...

EDIT:
I think the cyan block is the offset index...
but the 2nd one still confuses me as there's 2 '03' instances :/
as well as 2 '01' instances in the magenta block

EDIT2:
IDK for sure, but I think the indexes are read bacwards
(num_offsets -= 1)
which would make the last read be the 'FF FF' index...
even though that index does contain data,
I think everyone has been reading the indexes forward,
and compairing them to the number of offsets...

my words are getting messed up and I'm thinking too fast XD
but it's an idea that seems to explain that last part...

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

hmm...
apperently Pharrox was also working on dae to mdl0 conversion...

and I can read C++ better now :D

everything is starting to make sense now :D


[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Woah column data? I've never seen that before. My instincts tell me that can't be how it is running...

December 22, 2010, 06:29:18 PM #141 Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 06:48:06 PM by BlackJax96
Quote from: Tcll on December 22, 2010, 02:06:22 PM


What's that relocation table for

Quote from: Tcll on December 22, 2010, 04:27:14 PM
apperently Pharrox was also working on dae to mdl0 conversion...

As stated in the OP

Quote from: Tcll on December 22, 2010, 04:27:14 PM
and I can read C++ better now :D
everything is starting to make sense now :D

It'd better :srs:
lol

It's gonna be freakin' insane to build the bone structure... and everything in the mdl0 is linked to one another by an id... gonna have to use lots of variables in mah codez

Quote from: BlackJax96 on December 22, 2010, 06:29:18 PM
What's that relocation table for
IDK...
I just pulled some random data is all...
but I think it's Pachi's verts :/
Quote
As stated in the OP
hmm...
didn't notice that...  :>.>:
Quote
It's gonna be freakin' insane to build the bone structure... and everything in the mdl0 is linked to one another by an id... gonna have to use lots of variables in mah codez
possibly...
including the relocation table XD

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Sveet on December 22, 2010, 06:20:30 PM
Woah column data? I've never seen that before. My instincts tell me that can't be how it is running...

eheh...
I'm afraid I didn't catch that :P

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

December 22, 2010, 10:12:43 PM #144 Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 10:13:48 PM by Tcll
yo  ;D

check my progress on the import 8)
http://tcll5850.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=gotopost&board=python&thread=74&post=363
MDL0 to DAE conversion is coming along well  :af2:

I still need to get to the verts though :/
but I will ;)

EDIT:
triple post :o
*watches for bahnhamma*

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Here I posted. You can post moar :P
Tell me how you converted it when it's done btw
(Where you read the bytes and where you put them in the xml and stuff)

Quote from: BlackJax96 on December 22, 2010, 11:30:17 PM
Here I posted. You can post moar :P
Tell me how you converted it when it's done btw
(Where you read the bytes and where you put them in the xml and stuff)

look at my template XD
it's supposed to tell you that :P

I can help if you mis-understand something though ;)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

December 23, 2010, 01:27:28 PM #147 Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 01:47:56 PM by Tcll
well I've gotten the vert data to export in the debug info
link: http://tcll5850.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=gotopost&board=python&thread=74&post=364

and I figured out how the modifier works  :af2:

the modifier is only for 8bit or 16bit conversions
here's the vector conversion code:

def vec(dtyp,mult): #decide the type of conversion to use
            if dtyp==0 :return ui( fr.read(1) ) / ( float(2)^mult ) #fixed point ui8
            if dtyp==1 :return si8( fr.read(1) ) / ( float(2)^mult ) #fixed point si8
            if dtyp==2 :return ui( fr.read(2) ) / ( float(2)^mult ) #fixed point ui16
            if dtyp==3 :return si16( fr.read(2) ) / ( float(2)^mult ) #fixed point si16
            if dtyp==4 :return fl32( fr.read(4) ) #floating point fl32

'fr' is the mdl0
'dtyp' is the data type
'mult' is the modifier (multiplier)

when calling the code:
Quote
...
data_type = ui( fr.read(4) )
modifier = ui( fr.read(1) )

X = vec(data_type,modifier)
Y = vec(data_type,modifier)
Z = vec(data_type,modifier)

btw, this is for any vector (verts, normals, and UV's)

and yes, I comment like that in the code constantly

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

hey BJ...
you were talking about animation converters...

well...
collada and directx(ascii) support animations,
and of course blend

I suppose I could write a converter for those...
blend files will have to be library-linked to be imported...
DAE and X files will have to be injected...

I brought that up because I need them...

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on December 23, 2010, 01:27:28 PM
I figured out how the modifier works  :af2:

the modifier is only for 8bit or 16bit conversions
here's the vector conversion code:

def vec(dtyp,mult): #decide the type of conversion to use
            if dtyp==0 :return ui( fr.read(1) ) / ( float(2)^mult ) #fixed point ui8
            if dtyp==1 :return si8( fr.read(1) ) / ( float(2)^mult ) #fixed point si8
            if dtyp==2 :return ui( fr.read(2) ) / ( float(2)^mult ) #fixed point ui16
            if dtyp==3 :return si16( fr.read(2) ) / ( float(2)^mult ) #fixed point si16
            if dtyp==4 :return fl32( fr.read(4) ) #floating point fl32

'fr' is the mdl0
'dtyp' is the data type
'mult' is the modifier (multiplier)

when calling the code:
Quote
...
data_type = ui( fr.read(4) )
modifier = ui( fr.read(1) )

X = vec(data_type,modifier)
Y = vec(data_type,modifier)
Z = vec(data_type,modifier)

btw, this is for any vector (verts, normals, and UV's)

and yes, I comment like that in the code constantly

Holy -blam!- so I can use that in reverse to write the floats for the verts/normals/uvs in the hex?

Quote from: Tcll on December 23, 2010, 02:33:07 PM
hey BJ...
you were talking about animation converters...

well...
collada and directx(ascii) support animations,
and of course blend

I suppose I could write a converter for those...
blend files will have to be library-linked to be imported...
DAE and X files will have to be injected...

I brought that up because I need them...

Ok heck yeah do eet!

Btw, I got this collada loader to help me... I got it to read all the verts, materials, bone structure, etc from the xml!!!!!1