Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: SmashClash on January 10, 2011, 01:02:12 PM
Are we approximately 80% done?

Probably not yet, if you go to the link tcll posted, and read all the posts there, you'll c tht he also wants to impliment pac and pcs files in the converter. It does seem almost complete, but there's still a long ways to go. Am i correct Tcll?
By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Join my website, Brawl Imports, a gathering place for importers!
http://brawlimports.proboards.com/index.cgi

Support Project Darkrai? Put the official Project Darkrai banner in your siggy!
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]


Quote from: xxmasal22xx on January 10, 2011, 03:22:45 PM
Quote from: SmashClash on January 10, 2011, 01:02:12 PM
Are we approximately 80% done?

Probably not yet, if you go to the link tcll posted, and read all the posts there, you'll c tht he also wants to impliment pac and pcs files in the converter. It does seem almost complete, but there's still a long ways to go. Am i correct Tcll?

*cough cough* Remember I'm working a converter too? >_> You're waiting on TWO converters :)

I'd say I'm at 30%. Me and Tcll can't finish completely until EVERY part of the MDL0 file is figured out.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on January 10, 2011, 06:07:25 PM
Quote from: xxmasal22xx on January 10, 2011, 03:22:45 PM
Quote from: SmashClash on January 10, 2011, 01:02:12 PM
Are we approximately 80% done?

Probably not yet, if you go to the link tcll posted, and read all the posts there, you'll c tht he also wants to impliment pac and pcs files in the converter. It does seem almost complete, but there's still a long ways to go. Am i correct Tcll?

*cough cough* Remember I'm working a converter too? >_> You're waiting on TWO converters :)

I'd say I'm at 30%. Me and Tcll can't finish completely until EVERY part of the MDL0 file is figured out.

Yea, i heard you were making one too. What exactly is going to be different about yours BlackJax?
By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Join my website, Brawl Imports, a gathering place for importers!
http://brawlimports.proboards.com/index.cgi

Support Project Darkrai? Put the official Project Darkrai banner in your siggy!
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]


Mine's a C# GUI program where you select the input format and output format and click convert. As of now, there's only DAE to MDL0 (How I got the name Dae 2 Smash).

Tcll's is in written Python and uses one main script and other scripts for each format. He converts the input to a universal format which he can then convert to the output format. Right now he's working on MDL0 to DAE (Perfect conversion, unlike AiS which doesn't convert bones, etc) so he can understand the MDL0 format fully.

Both will do the exact same thing though, hopefully without any glitches.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on January 10, 2011, 07:17:54 PM
Mine's a C# GUI program where you select the input format and output format and click convert. As of now, there's only DAE to MDL0 (How I got the name Dae 2 Smash).

Tcll's is in written Python and uses one main script and other scripts for each format. He converts the input to a universal format which he can then convert to the output format. Right now he's working on MDL0 to DAE (Perfect conversion, unlike AiS which doesn't convert bones, etc) so he can understand the MDL0 format fully.

Both will do the exact same thing though, hopefully without any glitches.

Sweet! What exactly is the dae format from/for? and do you by any chance know if there's a beta for either one?
By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Join my website, Brawl Imports, a gathering place for importers!
http://brawlimports.proboards.com/index.cgi

Support Project Darkrai? Put the official Project Darkrai banner in your siggy!
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]


Collada (Dae) is a format that you can export and import into 3ds max, and it supports everything a Brawl Model supports. It's not for anything specific, although I think some PS3 games use dae.

I'll probably release a beta version when I get it working just to see if anyone finds any glitches I can fix. But that won't be any time soon...

Quote from: BlackJax96 on January 10, 2011, 07:50:59 PM
Collada (Dae) is a format that you can export and import into 3ds max, and it supports everything a Brawl Model supports. It's not for anything specific, although I think some PS3 games use dae.

I'll probably release a beta version when I get it working just to see if anyone finds any glitches I can fix. But that won't be any time soon...

Oh, but couldnt you just use 3ds max to open the dae and without changing it, save it as a 3ds file, then use das donkey vertex box to insert the .3ds into .mdl0?
By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Join my website, Brawl Imports, a gathering place for importers!
http://brawlimports.proboards.com/index.cgi

Support Project Darkrai? Put the official Project Darkrai banner in your siggy!
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]


That wouldn't work. DDVB only exports the verticies to a model that already exists, only the verticies are in different positions.

Quote from: Roo on January 10, 2011, 08:13:53 PM
That wouldn't work. DDVB only exports the verticies to a model that already exists, only the verticies are in different positions.

so wld it not be easier just to use parts of the DDVB soure/code and work off of tht sence it already has some little parts of this done?
By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Join my website, Brawl Imports, a gathering place for importers!
http://brawlimports.proboards.com/index.cgi

Support Project Darkrai? Put the official Project Darkrai banner in your siggy!
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]


January 10, 2011, 08:22:17 PM #219 Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 08:32:42 PM by Tcll
O_o
have we forgotten about skool...

this may take a moment to answer everything...

Quote from: xxmasal22xx on January 10, 2011, 03:22:45 PM
Quote from: SmashClash on January 10, 2011, 01:02:12 PM
Are we approximately 80% done?

Probably not yet, if you go to the link tcll posted, and read all the posts there, you'll c tht he also wants to impliment pac and pcs files in the converter. It does seem almost complete, but there's still a long ways to go. Am i correct Tcll?

actually, that was for my blender idea which failed epically...
I'm no good at blender scripting... Python's easier... :P

Quote from: BlackJax96 on January 10, 2011, 07:17:54 PM
Tcll's is in written Python and uses one main script and other scripts for each format. He converts the input to a universal format which he can then convert to the output format. Right now he's working on MDL0 to DAE (Perfect conversion, unlike AiS which doesn't convert bones, etc) so he can understand the MDL0 format fully.

Both will do the exact same thing though, hopefully without any glitches.


you've almost got mine ;)
you do get a GUI with mine, but it's not used really...

all it does is show you 2 dialog boxes (open, and save)...
it opens the selected format to convert and converts it to data used in 'global.tmp',
then saves the data converted from the tmp to the selected conversion format...

the plugins handle what files are imported/exported through the functions they contain...

and I think that's all that needed to be covered :/

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on January 10, 2011, 08:22:17 PM
O_o
have we forgotten about skool...

this may take a moment to answer everything...

Quote from: xxmasal22xx on January 10, 2011, 03:22:45 PM
Quote from: SmashClash on January 10, 2011, 01:02:12 PM
Are we approximately 80% done?

Probably not yet, if you go to the link tcll posted, and read all the posts there, you'll c tht he also wants to impliment pac and pcs files in the converter. It does seem almost complete, but there's still a long ways to go. Am i correct Tcll?

actually, that was for my blender idea which failed epically...
I'm no good at blender scripting... Python's easier... :P

Quote from: BlackJax96 on January 10, 2011, 07:17:54 PM
Tcll's is in written Python and uses one main script and other scripts for each format. He converts the input to a universal format which he can then convert to the output format. Right now he's working on MDL0 to DAE (Perfect conversion, unlike AiS which doesn't convert bones, etc) so he can understand the MDL0 format fully.

Both will do the exact same thing though, hopefully without any glitches.


you've almost got mine ;)
you do get a GUI with mine, but it's not used really...

all it does is show you 2 dialog boxes (open, and save)...
it opens the selected format to convert and converts it to data used in 'global.tmp',
then saves the data converted from the tmp to the selected conversion format...

the plugins handle what files are imported/exported through the functions they contain...

and I think that's all that needed to be covered :/

Oh, lol ok, i completely understand now, exept for my question about using part of DDVB's script/code/source.
By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Join my website, Brawl Imports, a gathering place for importers!
http://brawlimports.proboards.com/index.cgi

Support Project Darkrai? Put the official Project Darkrai banner in your siggy!
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]


Quote from: xxmasal22xx on January 10, 2011, 08:41:53 PM
Oh, lol ok, i completely understand now, exept for my question about using part of DDVB's script/code/source.

*cough* DDVB sux...

anyways, I know what I was forgetting...

AIS converts everything, but not properly...
^and not all MDL0's (returns an error with some)

Will's only converts the model...
(I can't understand will's complicated method though) :/

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on January 10, 2011, 08:49:27 PM

AIS converts everything, but not properly...
^and not all MDL0's (returns an error with some)

Actually if you use all 3 of FW's model porting programs, it won't return an error. I figured that out when I tried to vertex hack a Bleach character model. Just sayin

January 10, 2011, 09:19:55 PM #223 Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 09:39:53 PM by Tcll
Quote from: BlackJax96 on January 10, 2011, 09:01:54 PM
Quote from: Tcll on January 10, 2011, 08:49:27 PM

AIS converts everything, but not properly...
^and not all MDL0's (returns an error with some)

Actually if you use all 3 of FW's model porting programs, it won't return an error. I figured that out when I tried to vertex hack a Bleach character model. Just sayin

hmm...
interesting...

how??

EDIT:
figured out =P

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on January 10, 2011, 09:19:55 PM
Quote from: BlackJax96 on January 10, 2011, 09:01:54 PM
Quote from: Tcll on January 10, 2011, 08:49:27 PM

AIS converts everything, but not properly...
^and not all MDL0's (returns an error with some)

Actually if you use all 3 of FW's model porting programs, it won't return an error. I figured that out when I tried to vertex hack a Bleach character model. Just sayin

hmm...
interesting...

how??

EDIT:
figured out =P

so can't you work off AIS or something?
By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Join my website, Brawl Imports, a gathering place for importers!
http://brawlimports.proboards.com/index.cgi

Support Project Darkrai? Put the official Project Darkrai banner in your siggy!
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]