Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: SSJCerious on January 23, 2011, 05:16:05 PM
Wait...there are converters that already xist? LINK PLZ!!!!

MDL0 -> DAE
^if the hints in my last posts weren't enough

"once I learn how to read the format, I'll be able to write to it..."
my other post saying I'm asking the famous ones about the MDL0


I can't export to MDL0 yet
(don't know how to write the certain things)

my converter exports to a blank MDL0 file...
BJ's uses templates...

I take it he's just writing and remapping :/

hmm...
hey BJ...
instead of having a template selection in your GUI,
why not have an open dialog to open an MDL0 as a template...
(basically an MDL0 to write to)

btw, how are you going to implement multiple file formats without plugins??

for me,
the converter itself doesn't do any conversion at all...
the plugins are what convert the import file to a global format and
convert that format to the export file...

to add a filetype, just build a plugin...
note: OBJ and RAW are (export only) seeing as they contain only mesh data

yes, it would actually do conversion from mdl0 to mdl0

hmm...
just had an idea...

all those people who used FW's bone adder and got a messed up mdl0:
use import mdl0, export mdl0
you should get a smaller (working) file...

not only that, but padding will also be cut to an extent...
(a normal brawl file will convert to a slightly smaller filesize)

btw, nothing's put into typing yet =P
this is all from my head :P
but that's how it should work :)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

RAWER it should work like the Das donky's old version. Like have it go "import mdlo" (into the program itself) then have a button "export mdlo" and when you click export the different filetypes come up (OBJ Wavefront2, DAE, XML etc ) Then when you import a 3DS file or whatever you choose what character it is going over, this way it writes the new model file's bones the same way that X characters bones are listed.

like if it was on ZSS, than the program would write X bone on the new model to be 'located' (in the script file or whatever the core of the mdl0 is) in the same place as X bone on ZSS?

Like you know how ZSS's trans N bone is in a different "place"(in the file) than princess peaches?

This way you could easilly port characters even from other parts of brawl roster (mdl0 to mdl0) a little less flawlessly. Even if it was only a little less, that'd be something lol

Maybe take a look at how bb exports mdl0 files (I mean how it 'writes' the mdlo file seeing as it's a different file type than ARC BRESS Texture file etc?) that might help something along?

Quote from: Tcll on January 23, 2011, 05:37:31 PM

BJ's uses templates...

I take it he's just writing and remapping :/

hmm...
hey BJ...
instead of having a template selection in your GUI,
why not have an open dialog to open an MDL0 as a template...
(basically an MDL0 to write to)

btw, how are you going to implement multiple file formats without plugins??


There's two dropdowns that you use to select the file types that you wish to convert between. Then the form figures out which value you chose in each dropdown and according to what you chose, it will use a different import and export class.

You use plugins and I use classes. They're basically the same thing, but mine are in the dll.

And my code doesn't have a template.
What I meant by using a template was opening an mdl0 to write to like you said.
Instead, I found it easier to just write a completely new mdl0. So I discarded the template idea.

I write the mdl0 file and then go back and rewrite stuff in the header(s).
Like I said, there's no template. I'm basically doing the same thing you're doing with the global tmp format, except inside the program.

Bj, need your help on teh chat!!

Quote from: BlackJax96 on January 23, 2011, 06:09:10 PM
Quote from: Tcll on January 23, 2011, 05:37:31 PM

BJ's uses templates...

I take it he's just writing and remapping :/

hmm...
hey BJ...
instead of having a template selection in your GUI,
why not have an open dialog to open an MDL0 as a template...
(basically an MDL0 to write to)

btw, how are you going to implement multiple file formats without plugins??


There's two dropdowns that you use to select the file types that you wish to convert between. Then the form figures out which value you chose in each dropdown and according to what you chose, it will use a different import and export class.

You use plugins and I use classes. They're basically the same thing, but mine are in the dll.

And my code doesn't have a template.
What I meant by using a template was opening an mdl0 to write to like you said.
Instead, I found it easier to just write a completely new mdl0. So I discarded the template idea.

I write the mdl0 file and then go back and rewrite stuff in the header(s).
Like I said, there's no template. I'm basically doing the same thing you're doing with the global tmp format, except inside the program.

so that means I can do the same thing :/
but how??

each plugin contains 3 functions

MDL0:
info() #contains the information of the plugin and adds the filetype to the dialogs
import() #if '.mdl0', opens the mdl0 and converts it to global
export() #if '.mdl0', reads the global and converts it to mdl0 (you have to type the extension when saving)

how do I get rid of the tmp file??

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

You should store information from the import script in variables in the main script, and then send the variable info to the export script. That's all I'm doing...

Quote from: BlackJax96 on January 23, 2011, 11:00:02 PM
You should store information from the import script in variables in the main script, and then send the variable info to the export script. That's all I'm doing...

I've thought of that idea,
then later realized it wouldn't work for everything needed...

unless there was a way to define dynamic vars...

I did think of lists though,
but building them would be a complicated process in itself...

let alone you may end up with lists like:
[[ [[[ ],[ ]],[ ]],[[ ],[ ]],[ ]],[[[ ],[ ],[ ]],[ ]]]

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

In C#, you can set a variable, write it to the mdl0, clear it and then do it again. That's what I'm doing for some stuff like vertices...

Quote from: BlackJax96 on January 24, 2011, 12:24:34 AM
In C#, you can set a variable, write it to the mdl0, clear it and then do it again. That's what I'm doing for some stuff like vertices...

I assume you are using a loop, why not just grab an array and directly convert it?
Zephiel:
You know what I really like on my stack smash?
Texture updates.

Androu1:
@Zephiel: “your” Stack Smash?

It splits the space between the floats in the dae file. Then it puts them in an array and converts each value in it to hex and then adds it to another list, which I'll then use to write to the mdl0.

I see...
using vars on command...

I was thinking of something more like reading the file and storing it in seperate vars...
then reading from those vars and converting it to the required format :/

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

January 24, 2011, 10:05:50 AM #326 Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 10:26:17 AM by VILE
Well I would just read the bytes in selected offsets, put them in an array, loop through it, store the new vars in a new array and write them to the MDL0.

Essentially its what BlackJax96 said, I just misunderstood him.
Zephiel:
You know what I really like on my stack smash?
Texture updates.

Androu1:
@Zephiel: “your” Stack Smash?

Quote from: VILE on January 24, 2011, 10:05:50 AM
Well I would just read the bytes in selected offsets, put them in an array, loop through it, store the new vars in a new array and write them to the MDL0.

Essentially its what BlackJax96 said, I just misunderstood him.

meh...
actually,
I think my template file may actually have a future use <_<

but still,
I need to figure out face-points before I can finish the obj export format :/
+ verts
+ normals
+ uv's
- faces
- groups (why do these even exist)

- materials (todo)
so I think I'll keep it... -_-

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

January 25, 2011, 03:40:12 AM #328 Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 03:51:13 AM by Tcll
what's figured out about the MDL0 so far:

Definitions (what do these do??)
Bones (unconverted)
Verts
Normals
Colors (not sure how they're used)
UV's
Materials (figuring)
Shader_Config (figuring)
Objects (need to figure out face-points)
Textures (not sure how they're used)
Pallets (not sure how they're used)


other stuff:
nodes (what do these do??)
weights (unconverted)

anything I may have forgotten

the unconverted stuff is figured out ;)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on January 25, 2011, 03:40:12 AM
what's figured out about the MDL0 so far:

Definitions (what do these do??)
Bones (unconverted)
Verts
Normals
Colors (not sure how they're used)
UV's
Materials (figuring)
Shader_Config (figuring)
Objects (need to figure out face-points)
Textures (not sure how they're used)
Pallets (not sure how they're used)


other stuff:
nodes (what do these do??)
weights (unconverted)

anything I may have forgotten

the unconverted stuff is figured out ;)

Nice, Tcll! Provided you get this all figured out in a reasonable amount of time, how long do you expect it will be before you have a beta? and would i be able to be a tester?
By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Join my website, Brawl Imports, a gathering place for importers!
http://brawlimports.proboards.com/index.cgi

Support Project Darkrai? Put the official Project Darkrai banner in your siggy!
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]