Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Nyanyanyanyan Cat Man on May 18, 2011, 08:45:38 PM
I can't wait to import the N64 link model i just assertained.

i love that website, and i found a cloud model. so yay, we are going to have nostalgia and authenticity.

EDIT:

any 1 know any other good model site like that that are free?

Google 3d model site or something
By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Join my website, Brawl Imports, a gathering place for importers!
http://brawlimports.proboards.com/index.cgi

Support Project Darkrai? Put the official Project Darkrai banner in your siggy!
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]


Well, I got Blender for OS X (funny, huh?) and have been messing around with it, but so far the only thing I have managed to make that can't be called any of the basic shapes you can add are something akin to an anvil and piece of tissue paper.

In the near hour and twenty I have been using Blender, it has been a [censored] to do. Sculpting is a pain, the lack of soft selection makes (at least for me) making a coherent torso all but impossible (having only a trackpad doesn't help matters), and the lack of precision with things like the Sculpt Tool's Airbrush has been a nightmare.

In short: so far I am not liking Blender very much, cause it feels like it's putting my head in one trying to figure it all out.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

well VD...

blender doesn't run on exactly the same terms as 3DS

for me... blender is extremely easy and simple to use...
you kinda do have to figure it out at first though

it took me a good 2 years to figure it out... but that's me...
I wasn't skilled at 3D at that time...

you'll figure it out :)


in other notes...
I've released my first template for melee's dat format ;)
http://brawlimports.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=templates&thread=20&page=1

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Velen Draufgänger on May 18, 2011, 11:32:42 PM
Well, I got Blender for OS X (funny, huh?) and have been messing around with it, but so far the only thing I have managed to make that can't be called any of the basic shapes you can add are something akin to an anvil and piece of tissue paper.

In the near hour and twenty I have been using Blender, it has been a female dog to do. Sculpting is a pain, the lack of soft selection makes (at least for me) making a coherent torso all but impossible (having only a trackpad doesn't help matters), and the lack of precision with things like the Sculpt Tool's Airbrush has been a nightmare.

In short: so far I am not liking Blender very much, cause it feels like it's putting my head in one trying to figure it all out.

I rarely use soft selection, you just gotta get used to moving verts and seeing things in a 3d space.
Zephiel:
You know what I really like on my stack smash?
Texture updates.

Androu1:
@Zephiel: “your” Stack Smash?

Quote from: VILE on May 19, 2011, 12:02:56 AM
I rarely use soft selection, you just gotta get used to moving verts and seeing things in a 3d space.

tbh, I move each vert individually...

I hate using all that stuff that just messes up a model DX

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on May 19, 2011, 12:16:01 AM

tbh, I move each vert individually...

I hate using all that stuff that just messes up a model DX

It would make shaping things like cylinders a lot easier.

Sculpt Mode is a [censored] though, which is what I have been doing.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Quote from: Velen Draufgänger on May 19, 2011, 12:51:15 AM
It would make shaping things like cylinders a lot easier.

Sculpt Mode is a female dog though, which is what I have been doing.

there was a major change done to that though...
I don't even think the 4x series uses it...

IDK...
I'd only sculpt if I were making a scene...

anything else I'd do by hand... heh

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on May 19, 2011, 12:56:46 AM
there was a major change done to that though...
I don't even think the 4x series uses it...

IDK...
I'd only sculpt if I were making a scene...

anything else I'd do by hand... heh

Where the hell do I get 4x and up? I have 2.57 >_>

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Quote from: Velen Draufgänger on May 19, 2011, 01:06:54 AM
Where the hell do I get 4x and up? I have 2.57 >_>
you have 5x

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on May 19, 2011, 01:18:39 AM
you have 5x

and how long did it take you to make your model?

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Quote from: Velen Draufgänger on May 19, 2011, 02:57:52 AM
and how long did it take you to make your model?


well, seing as my modelling skills SUCK (as I'm still somewhat of a noob)

looking along those lines,
I'd have to say, not very long, for someone at my level
for your level, you could prbly have easily created it...
it took me about a good 2 weeks or so >_>

I like to use the modifiers alot though...
X-mirror, and Subsurf 2x...

using a low-poly mesh to shape it...

I then refine the low-poly model to add detail to the dynamic model

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Hey, in okami, there are lots of models called nurbsToPoly<number>

What the heck does that mean?

FC: 2191-7379-6272

Hey, I'm not sure if I've asked this before BJ, and if I did I'm sorry for repeaten myself >_<

BUT

If I take say, Character A from brawl, and turn them into a dae with AIS, fix the ais import with the brawl script, then import that saved dae with your importer over character B. Would this not be a flawless port? I'm aware of the need to rig character A with character B's bones and do all the texture fixing etc, but that's gonna be covered in ur tutorial ain't it?

Quote from: ForOhFor Error on May 19, 2011, 10:22:12 AM
Hey, in okami, there are lots of models called nurbsToPoly<number>

What the heck does that mean?

so mdl0 files do support nurbs, curves, lattices, etc...

nice :D

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Or at least they had a converter that did.
>.>

FC: 2191-7379-6272