Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on August 09, 2011, 09:48:26 PM
Have you even looked at the recent posts >_>
All bJ has to do is to figure out a way for bb to work WITH Smash Attacks at the same time. Only difficult thing would be getting Brawlbox and Smash Attacks to go to the right subaction when you click a certain animation.

Brawlbox would open the animations and costume files, and Smash Attacks would open the .pac files. Either that or he'd combine SA with BB completely O_o
yes, i've seen all the other posts clearly! all i kno is that the coding is far more different in smash box/attack compared to BB.
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

I'm still trying to rap my mind around all of this O.o

I cannot wait to try this out as it will give me some motivation to try stage hacking again...
This is amazing progress and I applaud you for what you have done so far.

glad to hear progress is going well :D

I've made a bit of progress myself.
I'm only running into small errors in melee model conversion now...
one of which came through with a breakthrough (:<

there's a big change that's gonna be made to the MDL0 resource thread when I get net back. >D

the CP format list actually has 27 indecies... not 20.

Melee's Giga Bowser uses CP[ 25 ] which is basically another form of normals:
Normals, Bi-normals, Tangent (NBT)

and he also uses 2 of the 8 UV channels, which make Giga Bowser's facepoints for those objects look like:

v/n_trns vert UV0 UV1 NBT
'00 0000 0000 0000 0000'

I feel bad for you BJ if brbx doesn't support this... eh-heh

the indecies after the UV7 index include:

[ 21 ] - vert mtx array
[ 22 ] - normal mtx array
[ 23 ] - UV mtx array
[ 24 ] - light mtx array
[ 25 ] - NBT
[ 26 ] - Max number of attributes
[ 27 ] - end marker (0xff)

EDIT:
btw, I found another structure...
it's in the shader this time:

BP_Mask '00FFE3'
CMODE0
CMODE1
unk (optional

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

can't type another character in my last post...

that last value is optionl (obviously),
and is currently unk due to there being nothing that seems to use it...
Kryal calls it a pad, but I know it's something more >_>

and yes, it's not in the TEV as it's for defining the shader
(the shader is part of the material (not linked to it))

common sense told me the brbx shaders are something else... heh
(I hate having to state myself to where I don't confuse anyone on the terms)

----------------------------------------------------------------

hey BJ :D
I'm rooting for you on the logic and script editors ;)

I hope to see that revolution take it's place :)

EDIT:
thank you... whoever edited my post

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on August 10, 2011, 03:16:16 AM
can't type another character in my last post...

that last value is optionl (obviously),
and is currently unk due to there being nothing that seems to use it...
Kryal calls it a pad, but I know it's something more >_>

and yes, it's not in the TEV as it's for defining the shader
(the shader is part of the material (not linked to it))

common sense told me the brbx shaders are something else... heh
(I hate having to state myself to where I don't confuse anyone on the terms)

----------------------------------------------------------------

hey BJ :D
I'm rooting for you on the logic and script editors ;)

I hope to see that revolution take it's place :)

EDIT:
thank you... whoever edited my post

Thanks man, although I'm not editing .rels, I'm gonna be editing the fighter definition (PSA). >:3
On the other hand,
I HAVE GOOD NEWS.


I finally figured out why the textures were overwriting the defs! I was literally at world's end trying to figure it out, so I decided to actually look straight through every part of the model building code to figure out how everything would be calculated size-wise, and then it hit me:

Shaders are referenced more than once in the relocation offsets!

Multiple group offsets can point to the same shader, but I was only calculating the size of the entries for each shader itself! I changed the code to calculate the size by the material count, and it worked. :srs:

I'm gonna test the hell out of this just to make sure, because everytime I say things like this something goes wrong, but I'm so flipping happy! I've been working on this one problem for who freaking knows how long!!!

Damn I feel stupid and confused and happy and insane all at the same time, I need to go outside for a second and take a breath of fresh air lol.



Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
As you may have noticed, I don't answer PMs with problems anymore.

IK the logic editor is your main project...
but I'm rooting for both :)

but what do you have to say about my find??
CP[21:27]

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

August 10, 2011, 06:05:01 PM #2558 Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 07:34:20 PM by Segtendo
Quote from: BlackJax96 on August 10, 2011, 05:58:01 PM
I finally figured out why the textures were overwriting the defs! I was literally at world's end trying to figure it out, so I decided to actually look straight through every part of the model building code to figure out how everything would be calculated size-wise, and then it hit me:

Shaders are referenced more than once in the relocation offsets!

Multiple group offsets can point to the same shader, but I was only calculating the size of the entries for each shader itself! I changed the code to calculate the size by the material count, and it worked. :srs:

I'm gonna test the hell out of this just to make sure, because everytime I say things like this something goes wrong, but I'm so flipping happy! I've been working on this one problem for who freaking knows how long!!!

Damn I feel stupid and confused and happy and insane all at the same time, I need to go outside for a second and take a breath of fresh air lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoW9czgQBqE
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Asbel: "To protect those close to us!"
Malik: "To be a completely badass!"
Hubert: "To be a Tsundere nerd!"
Richard: "To be completely FABULOUS!"
All: "WE ARE THE TOGF MANLY MEN BRIGADE!"
-kazemaru95421



[PICTURES REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame, even when inside a spoiler.]

Quote from: Tcll on August 10, 2011, 06:03:21 PM
IK the logic editor is your main project...
but I'm rooting for both :)

but what do you have to say about my find??
CP[21:27]

Oh yeah I got caught up in my own post, sorry... XD
Nice job man.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on August 10, 2011, 06:06:58 PMOh yeah I got caught up in my own post, sorry... XD Nice job man.
lol
thanx :)

I hope brbx supports those...
otherwise you won't be able to view melee's 'PlGkNr.dat'
as GKoopa uses index 25 >_>

if that's so, then make your release, then add the code ;)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.


Quote from: BlackJax96 on August 10, 2011, 05:58:01 PM
Thanks man, although I'm not editing .rels, I'm gonna be editing the fighter definition (PSA). >:3
On the other hand,
I HAVE GOOD NEWS.


I finally figured out why the textures were overwriting the defs! I was literally at world's end trying to figure it out, so I decided to actually look straight through every part of the model building code to figure out how everything would be calculated size-wise, and then it hit me:

Shaders are referenced more than once in the relocation offsets!

Multiple group offsets can point to the same shader, but I was only calculating the size of the entries for each shader itself! I changed the code to calculate the size by the material count, and it worked. :srs:

I'm gonna test the hell out of this just to make sure, because everytime I say things like this something goes wrong, but I'm so flipping happy! I've been working on this one problem for who freaking knows how long!!!

Damn I feel stupid and confused and happy and insane all at the same time, I need to go outside for a second and take a breath of fresh air lol.


if it works.... then show pics of it working! ;D
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Quote from: BlackJax96 on August 10, 2011, 05:58:01 PM
Thanks man, although I'm not editing .rels, I'm gonna be editing the fighter definition (PSA). >:3
On the other hand,
I HAVE GOOD NEWS.


I finally figured out why the textures were overwriting the defs! I was literally at world's end trying to figure it out, so I decided to actually look straight through every part of the model building code to figure out how everything would be calculated size-wise, and then it hit me:

Shaders are referenced more than once in the relocation offsets!

Multiple group offsets can point to the same shader, but I was only calculating the size of the entries for each shader itself! I changed the code to calculate the size by the material count, and it worked. :srs:

I'm gonna test the hell out of this just to make sure, because everytime I say things like this something goes wrong, but I'm so flipping happy! I've been working on this one problem for who freaking knows how long!!!

Damn I feel stupid and confused and happy and insane all at the same time, I need to go outside for a second and take a breath of fresh air lol.



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QS0q3mGPGg
By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Join my website, Brawl Imports, a gathering place for importers!
http://brawlimports.proboards.com/index.cgi

Support Project Darkrai? Put the official Project Darkrai banner in your siggy!
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]