Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 66 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: SmashClash on August 14, 2011, 05:34:57 PM
What's preventing the release? *Is curious*

I'm trying to get rebuilt models to work in game. This means the model was already MDL0 and has had its structure rebuilt. The structure includes the header, node tree, definitions, textures, relocation offsets, and string table. The problem is that the rebuilt MDL0s open up in Brawlbox fine, but they don't work in game...

I need to make it clear that while "importing models" into Brawlbox is done and rebuilding models is nearly done, "importing models" to the game is not. Rebuilding the model only rebuilds the MDL0 structure, not the groups inside.

This is because writing the objects and shaders is not complete. Shaders are complex as hell to read and write and I haven't started writing facepoints to the object yet, I'm still working on setting the flags to guide the Wii to read them. Writing the other groups from scratch is done (except for a few small things in the materials).

Right now, I'm just moving the raw hex data for the groups (excluding bones) over to the rebuilt MDL0 for already existing MDL0s. I can't do that with new MDL0s, I have to write each group from scratch.

So while we'll be able to edit the bone tree and stuff, we still can't import new models.

Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on August 14, 2011, 01:52:57 AM
If you got that where I think you got it, you wouldn't happen to have a DOA4/DOAUltimate ISO on you would you :srs:
I do now DOAX1 girls
 
             

Hm, ok. I think i understand. Is that anything like the issue with brawlbox modset v0.64 (before yours), and TOS2 MDL0's? They appear fine in that brawlbox, but in v0.63d the bone structure is all messed up, and in game they dont work unless they are actually fixed completely. Seems about the same, right?
By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Join my website, Brawl Imports, a gathering place for importers!
http://brawlimports.proboards.com/index.cgi

Support Project Darkrai? Put the official Project Darkrai banner in your siggy!
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]


It reminds me alot of when MDLO. importing just started...
as there were many problems like this as well like that the models were viewable in brawlbox fine but they did not work in brawl.

OMG :O
THIS THREAD EXPLODED!!! 8O
how much did I miss >.>

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Yep, a lot of posts since I last checked. xP
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


August 14, 2011, 11:14:56 PM #2706 Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 12:31:16 AM by SuperSmasher
Hey BJ Check It

Pros/Cons 4 sdk


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



OpenNI Pros/Cons


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



all r true (From what Ive seen at least)

but judging from the main similarities/diffs and many smileys i think that if you are going for a mor user friendly interface the sdk is the way to go but if you r going 4 a more efficient mocap ie Rotations And Translations  OpenNI is the way to go just keep in mind there r quirks to both i say let the peeps decide

just 2 clarify for those who think the OpenNI is harder to install etc. etc. on http://www.brekel.com/ there is an auto installer so you just DL that dbl click the executable and it automatically installs the correct drivers (hence "auto installer") it is very easy to use 2 then u plug ur kinect in2 the adapter it comes with when bought individually (no XBOX) and plug the adapter in2 the computer

just a 4warning as far as i know if u use a usb hub it will greatly lower your usb bandwidth so it is not recommended to do so with either SDK

SuperSmasher

Quote from: SuperSmasher on August 14, 2011, 11:14:56 PM
OpenNI

pro:
also calculates rotations for the joints

I didn't know that :srs: I guess I'll put up a poll... I can't decide which to use now DX

SDK since ONI is a pain to install
(like python add-ons)

and because it's from MS >_<
(their direct coding)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on August 14, 2011, 11:49:04 PM
SDK since ONI is a pain to install
(like python add-ons)

and because it's from MS >_<
(their direct coding)

Yeah I don't really like OpenNI... it's not very user friendly and hard to get working DX
But the problem is that it calculates rotations, and it works for XP and Vista...
Decisions decisions :srs:

August 14, 2011, 11:59:13 PM #2710 Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 12:04:49 AM by SuperSmasher
i just modified my post w/ an explanation on how easy to install OpenNI is

SuperSmasher
Quote from: BlackJax96 on August 14, 2011, 11:54:52 PM
Yeah I don't really like OpenNI... it's not very user friendly and hard to get working DX
But the problem is that it calculates rotations, and it works for XP and Vista...
Decisions decisions :srs:

would it be possible to make one version for each driver type ie OpenNI AND Microsoft

This is for animationg with motion tracking and kinect right?

If so, OpenNI. Definatley. Without rotations our animations wouldnt be what they are supposed to be.
By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Join my website, Brawl Imports, a gathering place for importers!
http://brawlimports.proboards.com/index.cgi

Support Project Darkrai? Put the official Project Darkrai banner in your siggy!
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]


Quote from: SuperSmasher on August 14, 2011, 11:59:13 PM
would it be possible to make one version for each driver type ie OpenNI AND Microsoft

Yeah, but that's just more coding. :/ The less coding I have to do, the better (and the sooner it's finished).

Quote from: xxmasal22xx on August 15, 2011, 12:08:17 AM
This is for animationg with motion tracking and kinect right?

If so, OpenNI. Definatley. Without rotations our animations wouldnt be what they are supposed to be.

indubitably finally someone who agrees!

Quote from: BlackJax96 on August 15, 2011, 12:10:25 AM
Yeah, but that&#039;s just more coding. :/ The less coding I have to do, the better (and the sooner it&#039;s finished).

alright just do what u gotta do no rush

SuperSmasher

I've made up my mind. Looking at rotation calculating functions, writing my own rotation function would be a freaking nightmare. I'm going to use OpenNI.