Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s on September 06, 2011, 11:08:19 PMWhen you extract the GMO from Dissidia, that's what you should be using, those contain the skeleton, mesh, and textures. I can't provide you with more information because that's all of the information o-o.

I extract my GMOs with Noesis, but I can give Blender a try ;)
I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! :(

OMFG~
I don't know if BJ or anyone has discovered this yet, but I'm going to post this anyway, because it's freaking epic =3 So I tried exporting links model as a DAE file right? Well when I imported it, none of the polygons and stuff appeared like the AIS BUT check this out, I got some interesting results~



It's JUST link's bones, but instead of being gone when the Max Script "Fixes" the polygons, they're the same scale that the skelton of that character would be if it were rigged via 3DS Max with their brawl skeleton =3

What does this mean?

After BJ finishes the DAE importer:
Size Mods: Size mods will be one slot and MUCH easier to do. Because you could re-weight the bones to the verticies you wanted to and still have the same boneset as they do in brawl normally.

Character Porting: Possibly making character porting much easier after bj finishes the rebuilder.

Adding/Editing bone trees: Not doing this through Brawlbox could work wonders with the right workarounds =3


Hey guys i have a question? Im doing an Infernape project where it is Infernape over Zacko Child but im missing bones like TransN! What do I do?

Quote from: Ӄit ßallarɖ on September 06, 2011, 05:03:59 PM
Hey BJ, think you can fix using the Space Bar when you select som'in in the Poly/Bone/Texture sections? Just more of a wonderment since I usually turn off alotta poly's in rappid succetion by hitting up/down and space. It only works once

Ok

Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on September 07, 2011, 12:31:08 AM
OMFG~
*randomness*

Ok

Quote from: thetommy10200 on September 07, 2011, 12:37:16 AM
Hey guys i have a question? Im doing an Infernape project where it is Infernape over Zacko Child but im missing bones like TransN! What do I do?

Hate to break it to you, but this isn't the place to ask.

Hate to break it to you, but this isn't the place to ask.

[/quote]Oh...well what thread should i go to!

Quote from: pikazz on September 06, 2011, 10:03:50 PM
yesh! I did add 3 bones and it worked!


But note this: I did add them MANUALLY! with working NodeTree, Pipeline, Bones ect so they are real bones! not "fortwaffles extra bones".

so it isn't the NodeTree, pipeline or the bones that is the problem and I think I know why it gets ingame lag by the new BB  :>.>:

will also do a couple of bones more on sandbag so he can be playable for fun and looking for possible errors.
but just adding 3 bones manually did acutally take more than 1 hour so I will do alot of work D:
counting on 40 new bones and I know exactly how to do them and I will sure get on roll so I guess maybe 3 hours.

My Reaction to this post
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

September 07, 2011, 03:25:54 AM #3621 Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 03:32:36 AM by TokoyamiTheDark
Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on September 07, 2011, 12:31:08 AMOMFG~ I don't know if BJ or anyone has discovered this yet, but I'm going to post this anyway, because it's freaking epic =3 So I tried exporting links model as a DAE file right? Well when I imported it, none of the polygons and stuff appeared like the AIS BUT check this out, I got some interesting results~ It's JUST link's bones, but instead of being gone when the Max Script "Fixes" the polygons, they're the same scale that the skelton of that character would be if it were rigged via 3DS Max with their brawl skeleton =3 What does this mean? After BJ finishes the DAE importer: Size Mods: Size mods will be one slot and MUCH easier to do. Because you could re-weight the bones to the verticies you wanted to and still have the same boneset as they do in brawl normally. Character Porting: Possibly making character porting much easier after bj finishes the rebuilder. Adding/Editing bone trees: Not doing this through Brawlbox could work wonders with the right workarounds =3
OH MY GOD, what software did you used to export that DAE file, and how?  r) I can't even see the bones of my DAEs, should I send my DAE to you so you can test it and export it new, just like you did for the character ain the pic above? :happy:
I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! :(

Quote from: TokoyamiTheDark on September 07, 2011, 03:25:54 AM
OH MY ****ING GOD, what software did you used to export that DAE file, and how? I can't even see the bones of my DAEs, should I send my DAE to you so you can test it?

Um I just used BJ's Newest Brawlbox and right clicked/exported links MDL0 file as a DAE format. I was HOPING that it'd export the vertexes and such too.(into the .DAE file) But that was an interesting and possibly useful discovery about the bones. Because once BJ finishes the model importer we could rig imported characters much, much easier, possibly anyway.

The most interesting thing I noted is that includes all the bones such as have N and top n too :D

Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on September 07, 2011, 03:34:11 AMUm I just used BJ's Newest Brawlbox and right clicked/exported links MDL0 file as a DAE format. I was HOPING that it'd export the vertexes and such too.(into the .DAE file) But that was an interesting and possibly useful discovery about the bones. Because once BJ finishes the model importer we could rig imported characters much, much easier, possibly anyway. The most interesting thing I noted is that includes all the bones such as have N and top n too :D
You were able to export a DAE from BrawlBox!? That's amazing! Mine closes when I try due to an error, but I might try...
I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! :(

If exporting from DAE to MDL0 doesn't work in the version we have, does that really mean that MDL0's can be exported as DAEs successfully? I've never tried that before.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


SegTendo Wright, yes it is possible, but I can't see anything with mine, as usual. Seems it works with Brawl MDL0s only...for the moment.
I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! :(

Quote from: TokoyamiTheDark on September 07, 2011, 03:36:17 AM
You were able to export a DAE from BrawlBox!? That's amazing! Mine closes when I try due to an error, but I might try...

Are you using BJ's newest BB release, if not, that's probably why it's crashing :l

Also, make sure you right click/export the MODEL of the character, NOT the Bress that the .mdl0 of the character is in.

I'm going to try this out on some other characters tomorrow and see if it works the same for them~

@ Segatendo: Dude, I just did it using BJ's NEWEST release of Brawlbox, ya know, the one in his vault that has the source code included  :>.>palm:

I didn't reprogram or change BB in any way...period!

September 07, 2011, 03:41:20 AM #3627 Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 03:42:31 AM by BlackJax96
Quote from: Segtendo Wright on September 07, 2011, 03:38:26 AM
If exporting from DAE to MDL0 doesn't work in the version we have, does that really mean that MDL0's can be exported as DAEs successfully? I've never tried that before.

I'm pretty sure the exported DAEs from Brawlbox only open correctly in 3ds Max 2010 and Maya 2011 (I tested it a while ago), due to it being exported as version 1.4.0.

Although I remember the rig not matching up with the mesh, causing rig problems.

@NZM
You fail to read. I said the one that "we have" (AKA, the current release) :srs:
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: BlackJax96 on September 07, 2011, 03:41:20 AM
I'm pretty sure the exported DAEs from Brawlbox only open correctly in 3ds Max 2010 and Maya 2011 (I tested it a while ago), due to it being exported as version 1.4.0.

^ Good thing you said "pretty" cause I use 3DS Max 8 and as long as you use "import" to open the file in 3DS Max it works just fine. =3

The only downside is you ONLY get the bones, but the upside is those bones are scaled to the size that the character would be after you fix the ais import with Mariokart's script ^+^

I just had an interesting idea for mario :D

I'll give it a shot tomorrow and test it quite a while.

Although, since my idea is possibly going to help with the DAE importing I might need someone's permission to beta test :P