Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

I'm very excited about this. Better models = more opportunity for good movesets. Great work, everyone who is working on this.


There is no power quite like the power of understanding.

anyway i can´t wait to this is done since i got alot of models to import and also get the kid goku import with Ness boneset+ with tail bones for animte the tail if possible and still work over Ness (maybe even as oneslot)

i hope a guide will be made
for import the models all the way from 3ds max (or blender for ppl who can´t get 3ds max to work) and get brawl bonesets on them
to get them to work ingame
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

*Hs tried modeling.*
*Has Failed.*
*Wants to make Mega Man Zero in Blender...*
*Doesn't know if having the Concept Art for MMZ would help with making it in Blender.*

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Quote from: Mariodk on October 10, 2011, 04:19:45 PManyway i can´t wait to this is done since i got alot of models to import and also get the kid goku import with Ness boneset+ with tail bones for animte the tail if possible and still work over Ness (maybe even as oneslot) i hope a guide will be made for import the models all the way from 3ds max (or blender for ppl who can´t get 3ds max to work) and get brawl bonesets on them to get them to work ingame

If you don't have Brawl character bones, I can give the ones you need. Or maybe I should create a zipped file with the bones of ALL Brawl Characters (excluding the Alloys) for those who can't get their hands on them (like me, before :) ) How'd that sounds?
I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! :(

Quote from: TokoyamiTheDark on October 10, 2011, 04:33:16 PMIf you don't have Brawl character bones, I can give the ones you need. Or maybe I should create a zipped file with the bones of ALL Brawl Characters (excluding the Alloys) for those who can't get their hands on them (like me, before :) ) How'd that sounds?
only if i get 3ds max to work since blender i can´t really find out how works
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

Quote from: Velen on October 10, 2011, 04:33:01 PM
*Hs tried modeling.*
*Has Failed.*
*Wants to make Mega Man Zero in Blender...*
*Doesn't know if having the Concept Art for MMZ would help with making it in Blender.*


Ya just gotta keep at it. I'm sure Blackjax and company could tell you that better than anyone :laugh:
If you've got a minute, check out my portfolio!
I'm always lookin' for fun projects to do, so if you think you'd want my help, just let me know!
I do all of my own modeling, texturing, rigging, and animating.

Quote from: Mariodk on October 10, 2011, 04:44:31 AMwho needs Vertexs now then we can get this :D
But what about characters that don't have models in video games.

Quote from: SmashClash on October 10, 2011, 05:50:24 PMBut what about characters that don't have models in video games.

I created one by myself. Of course it's hard to do, and I'm not gonna share it since this character is (C) to me, and I had an idea stolen once before...
I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! :(

Quote from: TokoyamiTheDark on October 10, 2011, 05:57:17 PMI created one by myself. Of course it's hard to do, and I'm not gonna share it since this character is (C) to me, and I had an idea stolen once before...
Many people have made one. :srs:
GIR, etc.

Nvm.

Quote from: SmashClash on October 10, 2011, 05:50:24 PMBut what about characters that don't have models in video games.
they can be made in new models and if ppl is too lazy then vertex is needed :D
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

Quote from: Mariodk on October 10, 2011, 06:27:57 PM
they can be made in new models and if ppl is too lazy then vertex is needed :D

Yeah, if you're not feelin' up to modeling the character from scratch it'll still be much easier to do vertex hacks with dae support anyway. I was thinkin' vertex hackers weren't appreciating this fact as much as they should :laugh:

Quote from: TokoyamiTheDark on October 10, 2011, 05:57:17 PM
I created one by myself. Of course it's hard to do

Nonsense, it's easy once you learn the tools. You're just sayin' that cause it was your first model. It'll get easier, you just gotta have the right mindset.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
If you've got a minute, check out my portfolio!
I'm always lookin' for fun projects to do, so if you think you'd want my help, just let me know!
I do all of my own modeling, texturing, rigging, and animating.

Quote from: Justin712 on October 10, 2011, 08:29:17 PMYeah, if you're not feelin' up to modeling the character from scratch it'll still be much easier to do vertex hacks with dae support anyway. I was thinkin' vertex hackers weren't appreciating this fact as much as they should :laugh: Nonsense, it's easy once you learn the tools. You're just sayin' that cause it was your first model. It'll get easier, you just gotta have the right mindset.
Yes, I should have said : "It USED to be hard, but now it's easy." However, I still don't know how to make ROUND characters, so mines are sharpened polygons-looking like models ... but let's go back on topic, shall we?
I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! :(

Quote from: SmashClash on October 10, 2011, 05:50:24 PM
But what about characters that don't have models in video games.

Meet Flandre:

She comes from  a series of 2D Shoot-em-ups, and therefore has no game models whatsoever.
She DOES have fan models though.

Quote from: Roo on October 10, 2011, 09:09:37 PM
Meet Flandre:

She comes from  a series of 2D Shoot-em-ups, and therefore has no game models whatsoever.
She DOES have fan models though.
Touhou is a gigantic exception because of its popularity, non 3Dgames-characters hardly ever get 3D models :srs:

Still, that's some wizardry at work there. Stuff's getting interesting. I might want to dig in my 3D models folder again.

Quote from: Difegue on October 10, 2011, 09:24:36 PM
Touhou is a gigantic exception because of its popularity, non 3Dgames-characters hardly ever get 3D models

True, but there's always hope that a modeler might agree with a request of a character, and if not you could always pick it up yourself if you wanted it enough, right? It doesn't have to be just a failed idea that never gets done if ya don't want it to be.
If you've got a minute, check out my portfolio!
I'm always lookin' for fun projects to do, so if you think you'd want my help, just let me know!
I do all of my own modeling, texturing, rigging, and animating.