Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

October 31, 2011, 03:51:23 AM #6345 Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 04:28:27 AM by SqLeon
Quote from: BlackJax96 on October 31, 2011, 03:04:55 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention this earlier:

Whenever I import a dae exported from Brawlbox v0.65 into 3ds Max, I edit it and then export it with units converted to centimeters or else the model will be really small in Brawlbox because of TopN (I recently figured that out). That might have something to do with your problem.

My model was also appearing small, this fixed it :).


Side note:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Yea that was my problem, I was exporting with units converted to inches. I changed it to centimeters and the TopN scale was fixed. Thx!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I DO NOT take requests, I make what I want to make

I found minors problems in BrawlBox, and that's when I'm uploading a DAE made from model with rigged Brawl bones.

1 - Sometimes, only one of the 4 textures covers-up the entire character, which isn't very much pretty...
2 -  Scaling models with 3ds Max doesn't do a thing, as it regains its original size in BB...
3 - But the most humiliating thing, is the animations. I test them via a FitMotionEtc file BEFORE uploading them to the Wii, and they ALWAYS gets deformed while animated, no matther what I do... I don't feel like going to look through HUNDREDS OF DOZENS of pages to see if my questions have been answered.
I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! :(

Quote from: SqLeon on October 31, 2011, 03:51:23 AM
My model was also appearing small, this fixed it :).


Side note:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


That sounds alot like the same problem a lot of pre-model importer imports have with their materials.

Anyway, I have a suggestion. For the sake of animators.

I think there should be a single plane in BB that you can load a texture into in order to make keyframes for an animation.

For example, say you have a model of Mega Man Zero and want to make a true-to-Sprite Triple Slash sequence, you can load it onto the plane in the background and use it to animate the model into the correct positions using the bone rotations.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Quote from: TokoyamiTheDark on October 31, 2011, 08:17:46 AM
I found minors problems in BrawlBox, and that's when I'm uploading a DAE made from model with rigged Brawl bones.

1 - Sometimes, only one of the 4 textures covers-up the entire character, which isn't very much pretty...
2 -  Scaling models with 3ds Max doesn't do a thing, as it regains its original size in BB...
3 - But the most humiliating thing, is the animations. I test them via a FitMotionEtc file BEFORE uploading them to the Wii, and they ALWAYS gets deformed while animated, no matther what I do... I don't feel like going to look through HUNDREDS OF DOZENS of pages to see if my questions have been answered.
2. See what BlackJax said above.
3. You need to weigh the vertices :srs:
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Velen Zero on October 31, 2011, 08:56:13 AM
That sounds alot like the same problem a lot of pre-model importer imports have with their materials.

Anyway, I have a suggestion. For the sake of animators.

I think there should be a single plane in BB that you can load a texture into in order to make keyframes for an animation.

For example, say you have a model of Mega Man Zero and want to make a true-to-Sprite Triple Slash sequence, you can load it onto the plane in the background and use it to animate the model into the correct positions using the bone rotations.

That's a good idea. I second it.

Quote from: Segtendo on October 31, 2011, 01:01:26 PM3. You need to weigh the vertices :srs:

The vertices were already weighted, so I do not know what's wrong with my model anymore. AM I doing it incorrectly? If only someone could check for me...
I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! :(

October 31, 2011, 05:20:46 PM #6352 Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 05:47:38 PM by BlackJax96
Quote from: TokoyamiTheDark on October 31, 2011, 08:17:46 AM
I found minors problems in BrawlBox, and that's when I'm uploading a DAE made from model with rigged Brawl bones.

1 - Sometimes, only one of the 4 textures covers-up the entire character, which isn't very much pretty...
2 -  Scaling models with 3ds Max doesn't do a thing, as it regains its original size in BB...
3 - But the most humiliating thing, is the animations. I test them via a FitMotionEtc file BEFORE uploading them to the Wii, and they ALWAYS gets deformed while animated, no matther what I do... I don't feel like going to look through HUNDREDS OF DOZENS of pages to see if my questions have been answered.

1. Did you even BOTHER to watch my tutorial? I won't repeat the answer again, so watch it. :srs:
2. See what I stated A FEW POSTS AGO. :srs:
3. Rig your freaking model better. :srs:

Quote from: Velen Zero on October 31, 2011, 08:56:13 AM
That sounds alot like the same problem a lot of pre-model importer imports have with their materials.

Anyway, I have a suggestion. For the sake of animators.

I think there should be a single plane in BB that you can load a texture into in order to make keyframes for an animation.

For example, say you have a model of Mega Man Zero and want to make a true-to-Sprite Triple Slash sequence, you can load it onto the plane in the background and use it to animate the model into the correct positions using the bone rotations.

I started coding it but the texture wouldn't load in the background so I removed the button in v0.65.

On that note, I finally fixed all the errors I was having! :af:
The dae exporter now supports single bind objects. Expect a Brawlbox v0.65b release soon.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on October 31, 2011, 05:20:46 PM

On that note, I finally fixed all the errors I was having! :af:
The dae exporter now supports single bind objects. Expect a Brawlbox v0.65b release soon.

epic so now we can finally replace swords and shels and etc better :P
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I have a question: Is it possible to rig trophies already in brawl so we can use them on characters and such?
3DS FC: 5370-0958-4818
Wii U NNID: Doraleus

Quote from: Sky Grounder on October 31, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
I have a question: Is it possible to rig trophies already in brawl so we can use them on characters and such?
If, and only if you actually rig the model to use someone else's bones. All trophies are unrigged, so you can't just simply place 'em over another character expecting it to work right away.

Thanks for the answer, and yes, I was aware of that.
3DS FC: 5370-0958-4818
Wii U NNID: Doraleus

In relation to the previous question, and I don't know if this has already been asked, but would it be possible to rig an existing Brawl character's model over another one to play as them on that character? Like say, if I wanted Marth over Falcon or maybe Ganon? Would that work? o_o


Quote from: Wave Kusanagi on October 31, 2011, 07:58:46 PM
In relation to the previous question, and I don't know if this has already been asked, but would it be possible to rig an existing Brawl character's model over another one to play as them on that character? Like say, if I wanted Marth over Falcon or maybe Ganon? Would that work? o_o
Once you have the model on 3DSMax, anything's possible.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on October 31, 2011, 05:20:46 PM
1. Did you even BOTHER to watch my tutorial? I won't repeat the answer again, so watch it. :srs:
2. See what I stated A FEW POSTS AGO. :srs:
3. Rig your freaking model better. :srs:

1 - Yes, I always follow your tutorial. Like I said, this SOMETIMES happens, not always :srs:
2 - Segtendo told me already :srs:
3 - This is the BEST I can do ; Bones are symmetrical, well placed inside the model and weighted, but it still messes up. :srs:

I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! :(