Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 421 422 423 [424] 425 426 427 ... 1046
Author Topic: Brawlbox Resources & History  (Read 3863418 times)
SqLeon
Extreme Kitten

Don't fix what isn't broken

• Awards Starstormer Dedicated Hacker Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6345 on: October 30, 2011, 09:51:23 PM »

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention this earlier:

Whenever I import a dae exported from Brawlbox v0.65 into 3ds Max, I edit it and then export it with units converted to centimeters or else the model will be really small in Brawlbox because of TopN (I recently figured that out). That might have something to do with your problem.

My model was also appearing small, this fixed it Smiley.

Side note:
    for some reason, an imported model is appearing metallic in-game. There are two parts of the model that appear fine but the rest is metallicy, the texture is on but it's doin some metallicy reflectivey kinda sorta thing. The weird thing all the materials are the same, and there's only one shader. If anyone has encountered something similar please tell me. I'm just gonna keep messing with the material/shader settings.
    « Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 10:28:27 PM by SqLeon » Logged

Scootaloo
    Supreme Kitten

Just your local pony that everyone hates

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #6346 on: October 30, 2011, 10:03:31 PM »

Yea that was my problem, I was exporting with units converted to inches. I changed it to centimeters and the TopN scale was fixed. Thx!

Scootaloo . says
    i hate the game industry in general
    King Jigglypuff says
    D:
    Epic Pervy says
    agreed
    Scootaloo . says
    i love the games
    King Jigglypuff says
    Oh.
    Scootaloo . says
    but the community is the most [censored]iest, whiniest, and antagonizing group you will ever see on the face of this [censored]in earth and millions of light years beyond it

I DO NOT take requests, I make what I want to make

TokoyamiTheDark
    Holy Kitten

常闇 - Everlasting Darkness

• Awards Heart Container Good Citizen Hey! Listen! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6347 on: October 31, 2011, 02:17:46 AM »

I found minors problems in BrawlBox, and that's when I'm uploading a DAE made from model with rigged Brawl bones.

1 - Sometimes, only one of the 4 textures covers-up the entire character, which isn't very much pretty...
    2 -  Scaling models with 3ds Max doesn't do a thing, as it regains its original size in BB...
    3 - But the most humiliating thing, is the animations. I test them via a FitMotionEtc file BEFORE uploading them to the Wii, and they ALWAYS gets deformed while animated, no matther what I do... I don't feel like going to look through HUNDREDS OF DOZENS of pages to see if my questions have been answered.

I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! Sad

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

Insert totally self gratifying [censored] here. ; )

• Awards Famous Hacker Sniper Heart Container Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6348 on: October 31, 2011, 02:56:13 AM »

My model was also appearing small, this fixed it Smiley.

Side note:
    for some reason, an imported model is appearing metallic in-game. There are two parts of the model that appear fine but the rest is metallicy, the texture is on but it's doin some metallicy reflectivey kinda sorta thing. The weird thing all the materials are the same, and there's only one shader. If anyone has encountered something similar please tell me. I'm just gonna keep messing with the material/shader settings.

That sounds alot like the same problem a lot of pre-model importer imports have with their materials.

Anyway, I have a suggestion. For the sake of animators.

I think there should be a single plane in BB that you can load a texture into in order to make keyframes for an animation.

For example, say you have a model of Mega Man Zero and want to make a true-to-Sprite Triple Slash sequence, you can load it onto the plane in the background and use it to animate the model into the correct positions using the bone rotations.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #6349 on: October 31, 2011, 07:01:26 AM »

I found minors problems in BrawlBox, and that's when I'm uploading a DAE made from model with rigged Brawl bones.

1 - Sometimes, only one of the 4 textures covers-up the entire character, which isn't very much pretty...
    2 -  Scaling models with 3ds Max doesn't do a thing, as it regains its original size in BB...
    3 - But the most humiliating thing, is the animations. I test them via a FitMotionEtc file BEFORE uploading them to the Wii, and they ALWAYS gets deformed while animated, no matther what I do... I don't feel like going to look through HUNDREDS OF DOZENS of pages to see if my questions have been answered.
    2. See what BlackJax said above.
    3. You need to weigh the vertices Im srs here

: SW-2632-7270-6724

deadname mcredactedface
    Lol Kitten

Kind of want to start making mods for this again

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6350 on: October 31, 2011, 07:02:28 AM »

That sounds alot like the same problem a lot of pre-model importer imports have with their materials.

I think there should be a single plane in BB that you can load a texture into in order to make keyframes for an animation.

For example, say you have a model of Mega Man Zero and want to make a true-to-Sprite Triple Slash sequence, you can load it onto the plane in the background and use it to animate the model into the correct positions using the bone rotations.

That's a good idea. I second it.

TokoyamiTheDark
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6351 on: October 31, 2011, 09:28:49 AM »

3. You need to weigh the vertices Im srs here

The vertices were already weighted, so I do not know what's wrong with my model anymore. AM I doing it incorrectly? If only someone could check for me...

I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! Sad

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God

• Awards KCMM Veteran Sniper King for a Day Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6352 on: October 31, 2011, 11:20:46 AM »

2 -  Scaling models with 3ds Max doesn't do a thing, as it regains its original size in BB...

1. Did you even BOTHER to watch my tutorial? I won't repeat the answer again, so watch it. Im srs here
    2. See what I stated A FEW POSTS AGO. Im srs here
    3. Rig your freaking model better. Im srs here

I started coding it but the texture wouldn't load in the background so I removed the button in v0.65.

On that note, I finally fixed all the errors I was having! Awesome Face
    The dae exporter now supports single bind objects. Expect a Brawlbox v0.65b release soon.
    « Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 11:47:38 AM by BlackJax96 » Logged

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• Awards Constructive Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6353 on: October 31, 2011, 12:03:00 PM »

On that note, I finally fixed all the errors I was having! Awesome Face
    The dae exporter now supports single bind objects. Expect a Brawlbox v0.65b release soon.

epic so now we can finally replace swords and shels and etc better Tongue

Sky Grounder
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Heart Container Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6354 on: October 31, 2011, 01:49:36 PM »

I have a question: Is it possible to rig trophies already in brawl so we can use them on characters and such?

3DS FC: 5370-0958-4818
    Wii U NNID: Doraleus

RandomTBush
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Featured Hot Topic Starstormer Dedicated Hacker

« Reply #6355 on: October 31, 2011, 01:54:50 PM »

I have a question: Is it possible to rig trophies already in brawl so we can use them on characters and such?
    If, and only if you actually rig the model to use someone else's bones. All trophies are unrigged, so you can't just simply place 'em over another character expecting it to work right away.

Sky Grounder
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Heart Container Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6356 on: October 31, 2011, 01:57:50 PM »

Thanks for the answer, and yes, I was aware of that.

3DS FC: 5370-0958-4818
    Wii U NNID: Doraleus

Kaye Cruiser
    Waveshocker Sigma
    Holy Kitten

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6357 on: October 31, 2011, 01:58:46 PM »

In relation to the previous question, and I don't know if this has already been asked, but would it be possible to rig an existing Brawl character's model over another one to play as them on that character? Like say, if I wanted Marth over Falcon or maybe Ganon? Would that work? o_o

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6358 on: October 31, 2011, 02:10:47 PM »

In relation to the previous question, and I don't know if this has already been asked, but would it be possible to rig an existing Brawl character's model over another one to play as them on that character? Like say, if I wanted Marth over Falcon or maybe Ganon? Would that work? o_o
    Once you have the model on 3DSMax, anything's possible.

TokoyamiTheDark
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6359 on: October 31, 2011, 02:16:31 PM »

1. Did you even BOTHER to watch my tutorial? I won't repeat the answer again, so watch it. Im srs here
    2. See what I stated A FEW POSTS AGO. Im srs here
    3. Rig your freaking model better. Im srs here

1 - Yes, I always follow your tutorial. Like I said, this SOMETIMES happens, not always Im srs here
    2 - Segtendo told me already Im srs here
    3 - This is the BEST I can do ; Bones are symmetrical, well placed inside the model and weighted, but it still messes up. Im srs here

Pages:  1 ... 421 422 423 [424] 425 426 427 ... 1046
    Print
    Jump to: