Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 45 Guests are viewing this topic.

That model looks really good, who will that be over?

Quote from: §uper Ӄit ßallarɖ on November 04, 2011, 01:56:27 PM
Hey BJ. I tripped acrossed this error when I was trying to save a file (a motionect) after deleting the whole chr0 tree then Importing the folder with the new animation list. Did I do som'in wrong?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Nerf. Seems I'm unable to import this animation file over for some weird reason in both brawlbox versions...I don't get it.

Something has a null name. Check all the files in the brres.

Quote from: Baoulettes on November 04, 2011, 04:51:21 PM
ah better I managed to import it into BB now I have to fix the bone tree flip  :>.>:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Lineage II
Dusk Priest

Does that model have inverse kinematics?

Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on November 04, 2011, 01:43:16 PM
So you're working on BRSAR now? =3 Cool beans, hopefully it'll work with 64 bit computers this time?

No, I'm not.
Did you not see that I said it was confusing as hell?

November 05, 2011, 12:11:48 AM #6452 Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 12:14:08 AM by Katakiri
This has probably been asked a dozen times before but since KCMM's server is total ass and takes days to load a page:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


It's the Eggman Trophy from Brawl made playable over Ganondorf. But right now it's totally borked in-game. The game lags MASSIVELY when he's loaded and is textures act like Emerald Textures.

How do I fix this?
Brawl FC: 3911 8377 5574 - Pokemon White FC: 4813 6416 2911

Quote from: Katakiri on November 05, 2011, 12:11:48 AM
This has probably been asked a dozen times before but since KCMM's server is total ass and takes days to load a page:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


It's the Eggman Trophy from Brawl made playable over Ganondorf. But right now it's totally borked in-game. The game lags MASSIVELY when he's loaded and is textures act like Emerald Textures.

How do I fix this?

Replace the shader with the shader that says "Lambert" from Mario's model, and export/replace each material with one of Mario's that uses that shader and says "Lambert" also. Then just re-link the textures. Justin712 figured that out, so there might be something more you have to do that I'm forgetting.

November 05, 2011, 12:50:20 AM #6454 Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 12:54:30 AM by Segtendo
Would the same apply here?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


November 05, 2011, 01:13:26 AM #6455 Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 01:14:43 AM by (Soon to be) Missing Pervy
For some reason my file isn't reading the textures correctly anymore
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

It's only reading the gray part of the texture for the most part, and the face only reads the yellow part. I've gotten it into brawl before and it worked, textures and everything. It's only messes up like this if I export it as a .OBJ, then open it up in max and export it as a .DAE otherwise their fine. But for some reason if I don't import it into max as an .OBJ it doesn't export anymore. The way the textures are here is also like that in max
STREAMING MODELING STUFF
Pervys world of art
Pervys world of words
QuoteIf only hacking Brawl paid bills.
[move][/move]

November 05, 2011, 01:18:26 AM #6456 Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 02:28:19 AM by frostymm
So I was sittin here, working on my getamped 2 model and I began to add the accessories. After adding bones in 3ds and realizing that that don't work, I figured I'd add them in brawlbox and then reimport the model. Well after adding the completely necessary 15 or so bones to Marios model, brawlbox broke.

Does anybody happen to know the limit to the amount of bones or is it something else?


edit:
Also, is there any way to make bones added in 3ds work in brawlbox? Whenever I attempt that it comes with weird parameters that I can't change. And Whenever I just try to add bones in brawlbox and reimport the model, when I export it again its all messed up. Like the hands compress into a tiny ball and the head decides to stick to the ground. I checked there aren't any vertices weighted to make them do that =/
My BrawlEx Cosmetic template for people who are lazy!
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203448
Supports up to 35 BrawlEx characters currently.

Searching didn't turn up anything helpful so I'll ask here:
How do I stop the model from it's shading flashing and to have it stop turning invisible when someone shields?

November 05, 2011, 02:35:06 AM #6458 Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 02:36:28 AM by Nuke
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on November 05, 2011, 01:53:05 AM
Searching didn't turn up anything helpful so I'll ask here:
How do I stop the model from it's shading flashing and to have it stop turning invisible when someone shields?
I think gamma figured it out... ask him...

Now my question...

What does this mean? Ive rigged the model before and i had to start again (a fresh rig) I finished and this comes up when importing :srs:

[spoiler]See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
  at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
  at BrawlLib.Modeling.PrimitiveManager.MergeData(MDL0PolygonNode poly)
  at BrawlLib.SSBB.ResourceNodes.MDL0PolygonNode.OnCalculateSize(Boolean force)
  at BrawlLib.SSBB.ResourceNodes.ResourceNode.CalculateSize(Boolean force)
  at BrawlLib.Wii.Models.ModelEncoder.CalcSize(Collada form, ModelLinker linker)
  at BrawlLib.SSBB.ResourceNodes.MDL0Node.BuildFromScratch(Collada form)
  at BrawlLib.Modeling.Collada.ImportModel(String filePath)
  at BrawlLib.Modeling.Collada.ShowDialog(String filePath)
  at BrawlLib.SSBB.ResourceNodes.MDL0Node.FromFile(String path)
  at BrawlBox.GenericWrapper.Replace()
  at BrawlBox.GenericWrapper.ReplaceAction(Object sender, EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)


************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
   Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
   Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.239 (RTMGDR.030319-2300)
   CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
BrawlBox
   Assembly Version: 0.65.4313.23612
   Win32 Version: 0.65.0.0
   CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Nuke/Desktop/Brawl%20Box%200.65/BrawlBox.exe
----------------------------------------
BrawlLib
   Assembly Version: 0.11.4313.23607
   Win32 Version: 0.11.3.0
   CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Nuke/Desktop/Brawl%20Box%200.65/BrawlLib.DLL
----------------------------------------
System.Windows.Forms
   Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
   Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.235 built by: RTMGDR
   CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Drawing
   Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
   Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
   CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
----------------------------------------
System
   Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
   Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.236 built by: RTMGDR
   CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Xml
   Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
   Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR
   CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Core
   Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
   Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR
   CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
----------------------------------------

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
   <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.


FC:4898-8419-2778

November 05, 2011, 02:37:10 AM #6459 Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 02:38:10 AM by BlackJax96
Quote from: Segtendo on November 05, 2011, 12:50:20 AM
Would the same apply here?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Nope

Quote from: (Soon to be) Missing Pervy on November 05, 2011, 01:13:26 AM
For some reason my file isn't reading the textures correctly anymore
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

It's only reading the gray part of the texture for the most part, and the face only reads the yellow part. I've gotten it into brawl before and it worked, textures and everything. It's only messes up like this if I export it as a .OBJ, then open it up in max and export it as a .DAE otherwise their fine. But for some reason if I don't import it into max as an .OBJ it doesn't export anymore. The way the textures are here is also like that in max

Are the material refs set to clamp?

Quote from: frostymm on November 05, 2011, 01:18:26 AM
So I was sittin here, working on my getamped 2 model and I began to add the accessories. After adding bones in 3ds and realizing that that don't work, I figured I'd add them in brawlbox and then reimport the model. Well after adding the completely necessary 15 or so bones to Marios model, brawlbox broke.

Does anybody happen to know the limit to the amount of bones or is it something else?


edit:
Also, is there any way to make bones added in 3ds work in brawlbox? Whenever I attempt that it comes with weird parameters that I can't change. And Whenever I just try to add bones in brawlbox and reimport the model, when I export it again its all messed up. Like the hands compress into a tiny ball and the head decides to stick to the ground. I checked there aren't any vertices weighted to make them do that =/

Add a bone. Save. Close. Open. Add a bone. Repeat. Never fails

Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on November 05, 2011, 01:53:05 AM
Searching didn't turn up anything helpful so I'll ask here:
How do I stop the model from it's shading flashing and to have it stop turning invisible when someone shields?

Make sure the shadertype of the material matches the linked shader's type

Quote from: Nuke on November 05, 2011, 02:35:06 AM
I think gamma figured it out... ask him...

Now my question...

What does this mean? Ive rigged the model before and i had to start again (a fresh rig) I finished and this comes up when importing :srs:

[spoilker]See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
&nbsp;  at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
&nbsp;  at BrawlLib.Modeling.PrimitiveManager.MergeData(MDL0PolygonNode poly)
&nbsp;  at BrawlLib.SSBB.ResourceNodes.MDL0PolygonNode.OnCalculateSize(Boolean force)
&nbsp;  at BrawlLib.SSBB.ResourceNodes.ResourceNode.CalculateSize(Boolean force)
&nbsp;  at BrawlLib.Wii.Models.ModelEncoder.CalcSize(Collada form, ModelLinker linker)
&nbsp;  at BrawlLib.SSBB.ResourceNodes.MDL0Node.BuildFromScratch(Collada form)
&nbsp;  at BrawlLib.Modeling.Collada.ImportModel(String filePath)
&nbsp;  at BrawlLib.Modeling.Collada.ShowDialog(String filePath)
&nbsp;  at BrawlLib.SSBB.ResourceNodes.MDL0Node.FromFile(String path)
&nbsp;  at BrawlBox.GenericWrapper.Replace()
&nbsp;  at BrawlBox.GenericWrapper.ReplaceAction(Object sender, EventArgs e)
&nbsp;  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
&nbsp;  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
&nbsp;  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
&nbsp;  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
&nbsp;  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
&nbsp;  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
&nbsp;  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
&nbsp;  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
&nbsp;  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message&amp; m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
&nbsp;  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message&amp; m)
&nbsp;  at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message&amp; m)
&nbsp;  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message&amp; m)
&nbsp;  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message&amp; m)
&nbsp;  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message&amp; m)
&nbsp;  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message&amp; m)
&nbsp;  at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)


************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
&nbsp; &nbsp; Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
&nbsp; &nbsp; Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.239 (RTMGDR.030319-2300)
&nbsp; &nbsp; CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
BrawlBox
&nbsp; &nbsp; Assembly Version: 0.65.4313.23612
&nbsp; &nbsp; Win32 Version: 0.65.0.0
&nbsp; &nbsp; CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Nuke/Desktop/Brawl%20Box%200.65/BrawlBox.exe
----------------------------------------
BrawlLib
&nbsp; &nbsp; Assembly Version: 0.11.4313.23607
&nbsp; &nbsp; Win32 Version: 0.11.3.0
&nbsp; &nbsp; CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Nuke/Desktop/Brawl%20Box%200.65/BrawlLib.DLL
----------------------------------------
System.Windows.Forms
&nbsp; &nbsp; Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
&nbsp; &nbsp; Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.235 built by: RTMGDR
&nbsp; &nbsp; CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Drawing
&nbsp; &nbsp; Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
&nbsp; &nbsp; Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
&nbsp; &nbsp; CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
----------------------------------------
System
&nbsp; &nbsp; Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
&nbsp; &nbsp; Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.236 built by: RTMGDR
&nbsp; &nbsp; CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Xml
&nbsp; &nbsp; Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
&nbsp; &nbsp; Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR
&nbsp; &nbsp; CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Core
&nbsp; &nbsp; Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
&nbsp; &nbsp; Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR
&nbsp; &nbsp; CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
----------------------------------------

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

&lt;configuration&gt;
&nbsp; &nbsp; &lt;system.windows.forms jitDebugging=&quot;true&quot; /&gt;
&lt;/configuration&gt;

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.


Haven't seen that before. Maybe you didn't triangulate the model or something? It looks like a mismatch of faces to vertices. :srs:

One more question. How do I put textures on top of each other? Like face textures, the new one will just replace the old one o-o
STREAMING MODELING STUFF
Pervys world of art
Pervys world of words
QuoteIf only hacking Brawl paid bills.
[move][/move]

Quote from: BlackJax96 on November 05, 2011, 02:37:10 AM
Haven't seen that before. Maybe you didn't triangulate the model or something? It looks like a mismatch of faces to vertices. :srs:
Think you can look at the file?
FC:4898-8419-2778


November 05, 2011, 03:27:22 AM #6463 Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 03:28:17 AM by Katakiri
Quote from: BlackJax96 on November 05, 2011, 12:22:48 AM
Replace the shader with the shader that says "Lambert" from Mario's model, and export/replace each material with one of Mario's that uses that shader and says "Lambert" also. Then just re-link the textures. Justin712 figured that out, so there might be something more you have to do that I'm forgetting.
That got rid of the lag but the textures are still glitching out in-game. Everything looks fine in Brawl Box though.

What exactly does "re-link the textures" mean? I'm probably doing something wrong.
Brawl FC: 3911 8377 5574 - Pokemon White FC: 4813 6416 2911

Quote from: BlackJax96 on November 05, 2011, 02:37:10 AM
Are the material refs set to clamp?

No idea what that means or how to do it BUT HEY! I fixed it. For some reason if I copied the EVERY polygon, then exported it like that. The copied ones would texture correctly o-o
STREAMING MODELING STUFF
Pervys world of art
Pervys world of words
QuoteIf only hacking Brawl paid bills.
[move][/move]