Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Segtendo on November 05, 2011, 12:50:20 AM
Would the same apply here?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


naked waluigi...

oh the humanity..

*passes out*

[white]

Quote from: CR4CK3RB0L7 TH3 5UP3RD0G on November 05, 2011, 04:41:12 AM
naked waluigi...

oh the humanity..

*passes out*
I swear to god it looks like he's wearing a bikini top or a sports bra :srs:
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


November 05, 2011, 07:59:58 AM #6467 Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 08:36:58 AM by Justin712
Quote from: BlackJax96 on November 05, 2011, 12:22:48 AM
there might be something more you have to do that I'm forgetting.

Pretty much covers it, just one thing. That problem could also be caused by having the texture set to something else other than CMPR without palettes. If you see that his texture data is set to CI8 or something, then you have to re-import the texture as CMPR.

Quote from: Katakiri on November 05, 2011, 03:27:22 AM
That got rid of the lag but the textures are still glitching out in-game.

See above.

@Segtendo You need to set each polygon to their right material. Brawlbox automatically sets them all to the same material at the start, which appears to be his shoes or something in this case. Expand the mdl0, expand objects, go through each polygon and set the material to different ones until he looks right.

If he's only got one object then you've got a bigger problem.

Also that video will be up by the end of Tuesday, when I'll actually have more time. Sorry :laugh:
If you've got a minute, check out my portfolio!
I'm always lookin' for fun projects to do, so if you think you'd want my help, just let me know!
I do all of my own modeling, texturing, rigging, and animating.

November 05, 2011, 10:29:29 AM #6468 Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 10:41:18 AM by Baoulettes
Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on November 04, 2011, 09:51:07 PM
That model looks really good, who will that be over?
It will cover a female not decided yet :p
But I think of Zelda/Sheik (I have two version :3)

*Does that model have inverse kinematics?*

And how to I know it ?
And how to revert it ? ^^


Edit : Okay I have readen some tutorial to make an IK so yeah I confirm that use this methode :)
Does it can be compatible with BrawlBox?^^

hey BJ ;D
I've got something for you 8)

Mat/Node structure viewer: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3YUMD8UR
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.


Quote from: Justin712 on November 05, 2011, 07:59:58 AM
@Segtendo You need to set each polygon to their right material. Brawlbox automatically sets them all to the same material at the start, which appears to be his shoes or something in this case. Expand the mdl0, expand objects, go through each polygon and set the material to different ones until he looks right.

If he's only got one object then you've got a bigger problem.
He's one object.
Crap.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Segtendo on November 05, 2011, 03:11:56 PM
He's one object.
Crap.

is it just one polygon?

didnt u separate the model before importing?

Quote from: jokekid on November 05, 2011, 03:30:48 PM
is it just one polygon?

didnt u separate the model before importing?
...
How would I do that?
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Detach script?
/*
Detach by Material ID
Version: 2
by Jefferson Lim
Terabye Inc./ Shirogumi Inc.

[features]
Detach Polygons based on its Material ID
- works on a selection of objects
- Options to name detached objects
- material propagation
  - this will assign a corresponding material by id to the detached object

[usage]
1. select any number of objects
2. set the desired paramteters
3. optional: if you know the maximun number of ids the object has
   set the Max IDs to help speed up detachment.
4. press detach

[Internal Operations]
Procedure:
- object[s] is/are copied
- then collapsed to an editable poly
- faces are finally detached by material ID

Naming:
- "Numbered"
  - will creae numbered names
  - e.g. 0,1,2,3
  - preferable to use with the Prefix option checked
- "Bitmap Name"
  - if not diffuse bitmap found, it will use the material name
  - if no material applied, it will use the object's name
- "Material Name"
  - if no material applied, it will use the object's name
- "Object Name"
  - will create a unique name based on the object's name
*/

try(destroyDialog detachByID)catch()
rollout detachByID "Detach by ID" width:140 height:250
(
local name_type = 1
local the_polyobj
local ran_color = true
local the_name
local the_mat_arr = #()
local id_list = #()


label lbl_maxids "Max IDs:" pos:[10,190] width:55 height:15
GroupBox grp_naming "Naming: " pos:[5,0] width:130 height:125
GroupBox grp_prefix "" pos:[5,75] width:130 height:50
GroupBox grp_ops "Options:" pos:[5,125] width:130 height:90

radiobuttons rb_naming "" pos:[10,15] width:107 height:64 enabled:true labels:#("Object Name", "Material Name", "Bitmap Name", "Numbered") default:1 columns:1
checkbox chk_prefix "Use Prefix" pos:[10,85] width:70 height:15 checked:false
edittext edt_prefix "" pos:[5,100] width:125
checkbox chk_prop "Propagate Materials" pos:[10,140] width:120 height:15 checked:true
checkbox btn_del "Delete Original" pos:[10,155] width:120 height:15 checked:true
checkbox chk_rancolor "Random Wire Colors" pos:[10,170] width:120 height:15 checked:true
spinner spn_maxids "" pos:[70,190] width:60 height:16 range:[0,99,99] type:#integer scale:0.05
button detach_bot "DETACH" pos:[5,220] width:130 height:25

fn getMaterialIDs obj =
(
id_arr = #()

for i in 1 to spn_maxids.value do
(
obj.selectByMaterial i
the_faces = getFaceSelection obj
if (the_faces as array).count != 0 do
(
append id_arr i
)
)
id_arr
)

fn getMatTextureName mat =
(
local the_map_name = the_polyobj.name

try
(
bmp = mat.diffusemap
if classof bmp == Bitmaptexture then
(
the_mapfile = mat.diffuseMap.bitmap.filename
the_map_name = getFileNameFile the_mapfile
)
else
(
the_map_name = mat.name
)
)
catch()

the_map_name
)

on rb_naming changed val do
(
name_type = val
the_name = edt_prefix.text
)

on edt_prefix entered txt do
(
the_name = txt
)

on chk_rancolor changed val do
(
ran_color = val
)

on detach_bot pressed do
(
undo "Detach by ID" on
(
the_sel = selection as array
if the_sel.count != 0 do
(
for obj in the_sel where \
superclassof obj == GeometryClass and \
obj.material != undefined do
(
try(convertToPoly obj)catch(exit; print "DetacByID: Error Occured on Object Conversion")
the_orig = obj
the_polyobj = copy the_orig

the_mat = obj.material
id_count = the_mat.numSubs
id_list = getMaterialIDs the_polyobj

-- start detaching
for i in id_list do
(
the_polyobj.selectByMaterial i
the_faces = getFaceSelection the_polyobj

case name_type of
(
1: the_name = uniquename (the_polyobj.name)
2: the_name = uniquename (the_mat[i].name)
3: the_name = uniquename (getMatTextureName the_mat[i])
4: the_name = uniquename the_name
)

if chk_prefix.checked do the_name = edt_prefix.text + the_name
polyOp.detachFaces the_polyobj the_faces asnode:true name:the_name
theDetachedObj = (getnodebyname the_name)

if isValidNode theDetachedObj do
(
if chk_prop.checked do theDetachedObj.material = the_mat[i]
if ran_color do theDetachedObj.wirecolor = random black white
)

)-- end detach loop

if btn_del.checked do delete the_orig
)-- end object check loop
)-- end selection loop
)-- end Undo
)-- end button press

)
createDialog detachByID style:#(#style_sysmenu,#style_toolwindow)



/*
[2.0]
2008-12-09
- added material propagation
- faster detachment procedure
  - old script was looping through every face to look for IDs
  - the new procedure will only search thru the <Max IDs> set by the user
- cleaned up code
- reworked UI

[1.0]
2005-05-24
- initial public release

[to do]
- make a more intuitive naming option
- save settings to ini file
- add progress bar

[notes]
- script request by Eye of Hawk (CGTalk)
- "Propagate Materials" feature request by titane357 (scriptspot)
*/
As you may have noticed, I don't answer PMs with problems anymore.

November 05, 2011, 03:58:54 PM #6475 Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 04:06:01 PM by Segtendo
Quote from: Jaklub on November 05, 2011, 03:53:26 PM
Detach script?
/*
Detach by Material ID
Version: 2
by Jefferson Lim
Terabye Inc./ Shirogumi Inc.

[features]
Detach Polygons based on its Material ID
- works on a selection of objects
- Options to name detached objects
- material propagation
 - this will assign a corresponding material by id to the detached object

[usage]
1. select any number of objects
2. set the desired paramteters
3. optional: if you know the maximun number of ids the object has
  set the Max IDs to help speed up detachment.
4. press detach

[Internal Operations]
Procedure:
- object[s] is/are copied
- then collapsed to an editable poly
- faces are finally detached by material ID

Naming:
- "Numbered"
 - will creae numbered names
 - e.g. 0,1,2,3
 - preferable to use with the Prefix option checked
- "Bitmap Name"
 - if not diffuse bitmap found, it will use the material name
 - if no material applied, it will use the object's name
- "Material Name"
 - if no material applied, it will use the object's name
- "Object Name"
 - will create a unique name based on the object's name
*/

try(destroyDialog detachByID)catch()
rollout detachByID "Detach by ID" width:140 height:250
(
local name_type = 1
local the_polyobj
local ran_color = true
local the_name
local the_mat_arr = #()
local id_list = #()


label lbl_maxids "Max IDs:" pos:[10,190] width:55 height:15
GroupBox grp_naming "Naming: " pos:[5,0] width:130 height:125
GroupBox grp_prefix "" pos:[5,75] width:130 height:50
GroupBox grp_ops "Options:" pos:[5,125] width:130 height:90

radiobuttons rb_naming "" pos:[10,15] width:107 height:64 enabled:true labels:#("Object Name", "Material Name", "Bitmap Name", "Numbered") default:1 columns:1
checkbox chk_prefix "Use Prefix" pos:[10,85] width:70 height:15 checked:false
edittext edt_prefix "" pos:[5,100] width:125
checkbox chk_prop "Propagate Materials" pos:[10,140] width:120 height:15 checked:true
checkbox btn_del "Delete Original" pos:[10,155] width:120 height:15 checked:true
checkbox chk_rancolor "Random Wire Colors" pos:[10,170] width:120 height:15 checked:true
spinner spn_maxids "" pos:[70,190] width:60 height:16 range:[0,99,99] type:#integer scale:0.05
button detach_bot "DETACH" pos:[5,220] width:130 height:25

fn getMaterialIDs obj =
(
id_arr = #()

for i in 1 to spn_maxids.value do
(
obj.selectByMaterial i
the_faces = getFaceSelection obj
if (the_faces as array).count != 0 do
(
append id_arr i
)
)
id_arr
)

fn getMatTextureName mat =
(
local the_map_name = the_polyobj.name

try
(
bmp = mat.diffusemap
if classof bmp == Bitmaptexture then
(
the_mapfile = mat.diffuseMap.bitmap.filename
the_map_name = getFileNameFile the_mapfile
)
else
(
the_map_name = mat.name
)
)
catch()

the_map_name
)

on rb_naming changed val do
(
name_type = val
the_name = edt_prefix.text
)

on edt_prefix entered txt do
(
the_name = txt
)

on chk_rancolor changed val do
(
ran_color = val
)

on detach_bot pressed do
(
undo "Detach by ID" on
(
the_sel = selection as array
if the_sel.count != 0 do
(
for obj in the_sel where \
superclassof obj == GeometryClass and \
obj.material != undefined do
(
try(convertToPoly obj)catch(exit; print "DetacByID: Error Occured on Object Conversion")
the_orig = obj
the_polyobj = copy the_orig

the_mat = obj.material
id_count = the_mat.numSubs
id_list = getMaterialIDs the_polyobj

-- start detaching
for i in id_list do
(
the_polyobj.selectByMaterial i
the_faces = getFaceSelection the_polyobj

case name_type of
(
1: the_name = uniquename (the_polyobj.name)
2: the_name = uniquename (the_mat[i].name)
3: the_name = uniquename (getMatTextureName the_mat[i])
4: the_name = uniquename the_name
)

if chk_prefix.checked do the_name = edt_prefix.text + the_name
polyOp.detachFaces the_polyobj the_faces asnode:true name:the_name
theDetachedObj = (getnodebyname the_name)

if isValidNode theDetachedObj do
(
if chk_prop.checked do theDetachedObj.material = the_mat[i]
if ran_color do theDetachedObj.wirecolor = random black white
)

)-- end detach loop

if btn_del.checked do delete the_orig
)-- end object check loop
)-- end selection loop
)-- end Undo
)-- end button press

)
createDialog detachByID style:#(#style_sysmenu,#style_toolwindow)



/*
[2.0]
2008-12-09
- added material propagation
- faster detachment procedure
 - old script was looping through every face to look for IDs
 - the new procedure will only search thru the <Max IDs> set by the user
- cleaned up code
- reworked UI

[1.0]
2005-05-24
- initial public release

[to do]
- make a more intuitive naming option
- save settings to ini file
- add progress bar

[notes]
- script request by Eye of Hawk (CGTalk)
- "Propagate Materials" feature request by titane357 (scriptspot)
*/

God damn.
I forgot about that script.
I have it.
EDIT: It only made 2 objects, but his textures work now.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Oh god that script will come in handy. Thank you!

November 05, 2011, 04:39:50 PM #6477 Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 05:33:52 PM by Eternal Yoshi

Looks Perfect when I pause but when I don't it has the problems I had before(disappeears when I pause, get lighter or darker shader depending on what's going on). They are all already Lambert.
http://www.mediafire.com/?vgr76t27qyrl3yb

November 05, 2011, 05:33:01 PM #6478 Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 05:34:05 PM by Sky Grounder
BJ, for some reason, I can't add or move bones in this Model:

http://www.mediafire.com/?i5ydd4d947e32rq

I only get this error:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

It's a model already in brawl, not an import.

(using the latest Brawlbox release)
3DS FC: 5370-0958-4818
Wii U NNID: Doraleus

November 05, 2011, 05:57:39 PM #6479 Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 06:11:59 PM by BlackJax96
Quote from: Justin712 on November 05, 2011, 07:59:58 AM
Pretty much covers it, just one thing. That problem could also be caused by having the texture set to something else other than CMPR without palettes. If you see that his texture data is set to CI8 or something, then you have to re-import the texture as CMPR.

What if you set the pallete in the material ref that uses that texture? Has anybody tried doing that?

Quote from: Tcll on November 05, 2011, 11:09:53 AM
hey BJ ;D
I&#039;ve got something for you 8)

Mat/Node structure viewer: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3YUMD8UR
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Nice job. :af:
Actually, I've got something for you too.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I'm still working on how to actually read the data that the offsets link to. :srs:

Quote from: DARKSHADEDX on November 05, 2011, 02:26:13 PM
-BJ&#039;s Mind- BEST.PRESENT.EVER

But I already programmed all that into Brawlbox. D:

Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on November 05, 2011, 04:39:50 PM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Looks Perfect when I pause but when I don&#039;t it has the problems I had before(disappeears when I pause, get lighter or darker shader depending on what&#039;s going on). They are all already Lambert.
http://www.mediafire.com/?vgr76t27qyrl3yb

That seems to happen when the shader types don't match up between the material/shader, or if the type just doesn't work with the shader settings.

Quote from: Sky Grounder on November 05, 2011, 05:33:01 PM
BJ, for some reason, I can&#039;t add or move bones in this Model:

http://www.mediafire.com/?i5ydd4d947e32rq

I only get this error:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

It&#039;s a model already in brawl, not an import.

(using the latest Brawlbox release)

I'll take a look at it. >_>

Quote from: Baoulettes on November 05, 2011, 10:29:29 AM
It will cover a female not decided yet :p
But I think of Zelda/Sheik (I have two version :3)

*Does that model have inverse kinematics?*

And how to I know it ?
And how to revert it ? ^^


Edit : Okay I have readen some tutorial to make an IK so yeah I confirm that use this methode :)
Does it can be compatible with BrawlBox?^^


It's not compatible. D:
Justin712 knows more about it than me. :/

Btw, good news people. I got the tristripper to work!
Now I have to group the tristrips and the remaining triangles together in groups under 10 node ids for all the facepoints they contain. :srs: