Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: pikazz on December 02, 2011, 09:29:12 PM
BJ96! may I ask you about one question? :3

in BB, how can I add more texture counts? I wanna know x3

About your pm, I *think* this might have to do with your question, but I'm not sure.

    unsafe struct SRT0Entry
    {
        public bint _stringOffset;
        public bint _textureIndices; //Sets which of the 8 texure references to animate with bits
        public bint _unk1; //0x00
        public bint _entryOffset; //0x10 or 0x14
        public bint _unk2; //0x20, only available when texture indices = 3

Depending on how you edit it, you might have to completely restructure the str0...

Quote from: Anonymous on December 03, 2011, 12:49:52 AM
Queation: will you add a save as button for editing animations?

Sure, that's I great idea. I never though of adding it O_o
That's a small thing that takes like seconds to code.

Quote from: Tcll on December 02, 2011, 11:29:12 AM
hey BJ...
can you correct this in brbx for me:
http://lh5.ggpht.com/-hS22E84fFos/Tti1ItsqqII/AAAAAAAADo8/wG9R_3BrJp4/DPv4.5%2Bproblem.PNG

(so I don't have to do any math to get the inverse transformations >_>

Not really.

I'm going to need some help here. Seems somehow, my computer found the way to malfunction again, doing some weird things on extracting. I'll explain myself:

Step 1: I open my .pac character model file. Afterwards, I preview it so the .dae extractor has something to extract (If I dont preview, it just creates an 0kb file).

Step 2 (I think here's the error): I reopen the .dae with BB/import the .dae file with 3DS Max 2008-2010-2011 (tested with each one).

Error on BB: Model has infinite-length vertexes. I could see that some parts of the model are different between the Mdl0 before extracting and the .dae import, like missing parts or changed variables.

Error on 3DS: That thing wont open, no matter how much I try.

If you need some pics with the error messages or the messed-up model, just ask.

(BTW: Im using 64x, ¿maybe that has something to do with?)

Quote from: DSX8 on December 02, 2011, 11:44:21 AM...... thats alota windows o.o im guessing external monitor? :P
I have 2 monitors... yes... :P

(can't set up all 3 yet) T.T


@BJ: well can you figure out how plz... *begs*

cause I don't understand the chr0 data...
(you never sent me the specs) >_>

I've gotten as far as the animation code, but IDK what to do next...

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

lol I don't really know what to focus on coding anymore.

Sometimes I work on the moveset parser, editor and rebuilder, other times I work on PAT0/SRT0/SHP0/SCN0/REFT/REFF nodes, and I'm still working on trying to get the MDL0 objects to rebuild correctly so that texture matrices can be added perfectly without any errors.

I also want to look into implementing quaternion rotations and optional IK bone true/false switches so you can drag bones around instead of rotating them.

It was also suggested that I implement intellisense into the moveset editor so you can code it like C# or w/e instead of line-by-line. I just saw that Bero was planning to do it too, so I've taken it into consideration.

Anyway, I've already finished these things:
- Brres group node renaming/moving
- Abiltiy to create or import any type of node, even nodes like SRT0
- CHR0 merger/appender
- Automatic metal material/shader creation
- Object importer/Model merger

The main priority is the object rebuilding error though, so I can release v0.65b with all this stuff (not including the psa editor). Maybe I should try to finish the triangle->tristrip converter before that release too?

Quote from: Tcll on December 03, 2011, 03:57:27 AM@BJ: well can you figure out how plz... *begs*

cause I don't understand the chr0 data...
(you never sent me the specs) >_>

I've gotten as far as the animation code, but IDK what to do next...

meh

The tristripper would be nice before you release it >.>

You can add PSA in another release.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Segtendo on December 03, 2011, 06:15:13 AM
The tristripper would be nice before you release it >.>

You can add PSA in another release.
^ this
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Quote from: BlackJax96 on December 03, 2011, 05:58:02 AM
The main priority is the object rebuilding error though, so I can release v0.65b with all this stuff (not including the psa editor). Maybe I should try to finish the triangle->tristrip converter before that release too?

meh

Good priorities. You've got a lot of different projects and goals too, keep up the good work!

Also, an Art Institute friend of mine keeps degrading me for having to model within Brawlbox's limitations, saying anything in a 3d modeling program should work in Brawl >.>

I agree...
the logic editing can wait >_>


glad to see you're working on IK chains :)

yeh...
I prefer to have a dynamic bone manipulation system,
where I'm using a few bones as muscles instead of animating the actual bones >_>

I want the system to calculate the position so it gives a more realistic effect.


and BJ...
if you're not going to consider my last request, then can you plz send me the CHR0 specs. :/


also...
glad you're working on the model merger :)
I can use that to finalize my DPv4.5 model...

still can't animate as of yet as I need the inverse translation of HipN
(so I can put the model back into T-pose w/o affecting the original animations)

OR

if you could implement a feature of centering a bone to the origin...
that would be nice :)
(just so it could be global 0,0,0 instead of local 0,0,0)


I must make a request for ortho view though, as it's much nicer to edit w/o distortion
(you'll prbly have to edit the main form with glOrtho())


@Xiggah: he's right, but to a point...
as long as the 3D program supports brawl's model formats.
(which it doesn't yet)

that's alright though...
I'm hoping to pick up the pace on my converter now that I've got net again ;)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on December 03, 2011, 01:05:24 AM
About your pm, I *think* this might have to do with your question, but I'm not sure.

    unsafe struct SRT0Entry
    {
        public bint _stringOffset;
        public bint _textureIndices; //Sets which of the 8 texure references to animate with bits
        public bint _unk1; //0x00
        public bint _entryOffset; //0x10 or 0x14
        public bint _unk2; //0x20, only available when texture indices = 3

Depending on how you edit it, you might have to completely restructure the str0...

Sure, that's I great idea. I never though of adding it O_o
That's a small thing that takes like seconds to code.

Not really.
where is that bit in materials? D:
dont want to customize each SRT0 D:
Quote from: BlackJax96 on December 03, 2011, 05:58:02 AM

Anyway, I've already finished these things:
- Brres group node renaming/moving
- Abiltiy to create or import any type of node, even nodes like SRT0
- CHR0 merger/appender
- Automatic metal material/shader creation
- Object importer/Model merger
release dat baby! :D
Stupid Tinypic :C

yh it would be awesome to merge models at last, one question though, is it already possible to delete objects without errors???

Quote from: jokekid on December 03, 2011, 12:29:38 PMyh it would be awesome to merge models at last, one question though, is it already possible to delete objects without errors???
yes it is
that what i have done for my Goku over Pit
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

This whole time I didn't know that Nel had face morphs. :srs:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


^ Done through hexing the object's vertex node index, not SHP0 atm

Quote from: Tcll on December 03, 2011, 07:14:31 AM


and BJ...
if you're not going to consider my last request, then can you plz send me the CHR0 specs. :/

also...
glad you're working on the model merger :)

if you could implement a feature of centering a bone to the origin...
that would be nice :)
(just so it could be global 0,0,0 instead of local 0,0,0)

I must make a request for ortho view though, as it's much nicer to edit w/o distortion
(you'll prbly have to edit the main form with glOrtho())

I can't really "send you the specs," because I'd just send you the code structs and you can look those up yourself.

And the model merger is already finished.

Also, apparently the 4th column of the bindmatrix/framematrix is literally the world position of the bone from the origin.

About ortho view, it just screwed up the view and controls and stayed perspective.

Quote from: pikazz on December 03, 2011, 11:41:32 AM
where is that bit in materials? D:
dont want to customize each SRT0 D:

It's not in the materials. You'd probably have to delete or move some material refs to match the indices the srt0 references.

Quote from: jokekid on December 03, 2011, 12:29:38 PM
yh it would be awesome to merge models at last, one question though, is it already possible to delete objects without errors???

Yeah

Quote from: BlackJax96 on December 03, 2011, 09:30:55 PM
I can't really "send you the specs," because I'd just send you the code structs and you can look those up yourself.

And the model merger is already finished.

Also, apparently the 4th column of the bindmatrix/framematrix is literally the world position of the bone from the origin.

About ortho view, it just screwed up the view and controls and stayed perspective.

It's not in the materials. You'd probably have to delete or move some material refs to match the indices the srt0 references.

Yeah
first off, face mprphs??
your use of terminology confuses my understanding o.0

anyways...
yea, sure... go ahead and send them :)

and when you say 'merger' you mean merging 2 mdl0's into 1 right??
because I have a new hack as a result of what happened when adding an mdl0 to a brres... >_>
I was trying to give Dpv4.5 his scythe, and ended up with this:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=24039

as for the mtx info...
is it something like:
[
,,,X
,,,Y
,,,Z
,,,W
]
??


hmm... ok o.0
see if you can fix it in brbx...
I need to implement both into my converter... ._.

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.


Quote from: BlackJax96 on December 03, 2011, 09:30:55 PM
It's not in the materials. You'd probably have to delete or move some material refs to match the indices the srt0 references.
that's I trying to do but I need to make it third on the list with index 2 D:
but it's doesn't show up ingame when it's 3 in the list with TEX2 in XF commands D:
only with index 0-1 and TEX0-1 but that's wrong SRT0 ;_;

do you know how to make a model using more "Tex#"? in preview it's perfect but ingame it's invisible
Stupid Tinypic :C