Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

there is something nasty O.o

when I import kirby into 3ds max and kept the skin on and exported it, it's rig get pretty meshed up D:

do you know why?

also, how much is it left? :3
Stupid Tinypic :C

December 11, 2011, 12:33:18 AM #7276 Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 12:35:52 AM by Tcll
well BJ... you're close ;)

but to all the people who call them "shaders":
THEY'RE NOT SHADERS, THEY'RE MATERIAL NODES.

take it from a wanabe game-developer :P
(I call myself a wanabe because I srsly suck at it) :(

game-dev isn't easy when it's just you... D:>

EDIT:
when I say "suck", I mean I know what to do,
I just pick the worst possible ways to do it :P

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on December 11, 2011, 12:33:18 AM
well BJ... you're close ;)

but to all the people who call them "shaders":
THEY'RE NOT SHADERS, THEY'RE MATERIAL NODES.

take it from a wanabe game-developer :P
(I call myself a wanabe because I srsly suck at it) :(

game-dev isn't easy when it's just you... D:>

But even the official SDK calls them Shaders

Quote from: BlackJax96 on December 11, 2011, 12:34:12 AM
But even the official SDK calls them Shaders
where??

and GX doesn't but barely follow GL >_>

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on December 11, 2011, 12:37:57 AM
where??

and GX doesn't but barely follow GL >_>

In the demo source code for GX.

BJ... yur not descriptive enough... :P

I meant 'where' as in what file??
(I want to see it for myself) >_>

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on December 11, 2011, 12:56:48 AM
BJ... yur not descriptive enough... :P

I meant 'where' as in what file??
(I want to see it for myself) >_>

I dunno exactly which file, but I saw it in the demo source.
Just open up the demo sln in Visual C++ and search for "shader" >_>

VC++ is expired for me...
(unless someone knows of a hack that actually WORKS)

I'm stuck using Dev C++ which can't import these SLN files. DX
(the version is too new)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on December 11, 2011, 01:19:07 AM
VC++ is expired for me...
(unless someone knows of a hack that actually WORKS)

I'm stuck using Dev C++ which can't import these SLN files. DX
(the version is too new)

http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/en-us/products/2010-editions/visual-cpp-express

Download that, it's the same thing I use and completely free.

December 11, 2011, 01:27:39 AM #7284 Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 01:32:52 AM by Tcll
Quote from: BlackJax96 on December 11, 2011, 01:21:02 AM
http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/en-us/products/2010-editions/visual-cpp-express

Download that, it's the same thing I use and completely free.
kk...
PM that to me, and I'll DL it when I'm able to... DX
(since I'm on my wii (w/less card broke on compy))

btw, my batteries in my KBd are dead as well,
so I'm using a Wii-mote JSYK... DX

sry if I'm slow to respond :(


EDIT:
all that aside,
what'd you think of my latest Pika hack??

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Im using 2012 now and its still crashing brawlbox

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]
My "Vertexing with Anim8or!" tutorial~

lecapria.tumblr.com

Quote from: Tcll on December 11, 2011, 01:27:39 AM

EDIT:
all that aside,
what'd you think of my latest Pika hack??

it was some lolage

Quote from: Ms Spinda on December 11, 2011, 05:21:56 AM
Im using 2012 now and its still crashing brawlbox

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/item?siteID=123112&id=10204944
or
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/item?siteID=123112&id=10775855

Quote from: BlackJax96 on December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM- Check "Triangulate" and "Export as Single Matrix" on export.
- Each texture/material has to be assigned to its own object in 3DS Max.
- Export Y-Up (or else your model will be face down on the floor in Brawlbox)
- Check Animation - Deformations - Skin.
- Delete all morphs. If you want to use face morphs for an import, make it into a seperate face object.
- Don't use Physique to rig your model to a brawl skeleton, use the Skin modifier.
- You might have to re-assign some polygons to a different material in Brawlbox (I added support for this)

lol... IKR :D
and a complete mishap if I do say so myself... :P

who woulda thought adding the beamsword to Pika would've done that... >.>

I tried it with CF and GW as well...
it dosn't work with them... >_>

I'm just sittin here sayin "what are the freakin odds!" XDD


and I still can't explain how it really works. XD

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

still crashes. . .

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]
My "Vertexing with Anim8or!" tutorial~

lecapria.tumblr.com

hey BJ... (or anyone else who knows what they're doing)

I need a really compact mtx44 inversion function,
as the one I have right now is a bit outrageous... >_>

to see my current function,
DL my latest converter and scroll to the bottom of ':/UMC/plugins/Cmn.py'

there has to be a better way than that... >_>

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.