Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


On work:
- Moveset editing showing the PSA stuff
- Showing and allowing to edit hurtbxes
- People hyped

This... I must come back to smash editting once this come out!

BlackJ, "GREAT WORK"

I know this is never going to happen (Or at least no time soon) but please bj...BRSAR =3

And hell, I'll wait three times longer than we're waiting for the new BB to be totally finished if I have to!

Yo BJ, I'm halfway done writing a maxscript to export keyframes from 3ds max into a CHR0 file. Is that something useful relating to Brawlbox?

December 15, 2011, 10:14:29 PM #7399 Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 12:42:17 PM by Tcll
hey BJ...

Can you please explain to me how to create the group ID's in the relocation offsets :/
I've had no luck in trying to understand them... DX

EDIT:
hey BJ...
I'm sure you know what this edit means :D

although sadly it could be alot better T.T

EDIT2:
WOAH!
that looks just like Melee's hitboxes :D

ok... please tell me how you calculated that 8D

are you using the bone envelopes??

EDIT3:
btw...
have you worked on the GID generator since 0.64??

if so, I need your src (PM the text, not the file).

I can create an MDL0 with all it's GID's being 0...
except for the first being FFFF.

and I also need to understand how to create the Next and Prev ID's correctly >_>
(don't quite understand how they're used)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

December 16, 2011, 06:20:51 PM #7400 Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 07:08:01 PM by Ms Spinda
ignored -.-
EDIT: Im still having a major problem with just trying to get a clean zerosuit model to go in and imediately out of 3DS Max. Without making any changes, I still cant get it into brawlbox without it crashing - using all te appropriate settings. Furthermore, when trying to take an imported model and putting it over a brawl characters bones, the rotation in brawlbox is always 45 degrees or more off and messes up all the rigging

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]
My "Vertexing with Anim8or!" tutorial~

lecapria.tumblr.com

December 16, 2011, 11:09:39 PM #7401 Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 12:45:18 AM by BlackJax96
Quote from: Xiggah on December 15, 2011, 08:39:03 PM
Yo BJ, I'm halfway done writing a maxscript to export keyframes from 3ds max into a CHR0 file. Is that something useful relating to Brawlbox?

Relating directly to Brawlbox, no. Mainly though, yes.

Quote from: Tcll on December 15, 2011, 10:14:29 PM
hey BJ...

Can you please explain to me how to create the group ID's in the relocation offsets :/
I've had no luck in trying to understand them... DX

EDIT:
hey BJ...
I'm sure you know what this edit means :D

although sadly it could be alot better T.T

EDIT2:
WOAH!
that looks just like Melee's hitboxes :D

ok... please tell me how you calculated that 8D

are you using the bone envelopes??

EDIT3:
btw...
have you worked on the GID generator since 0.64??

if so, I need your src (PM the text, not the file).

I can create an MDL0 with all it's GID's being 0...
except for the first being FFFF.

and I also need to understand how to create the Next and Prev ID's correctly >_>
(don't quite understand how they're used)

I actually don't know, I didn't code the GID generator.
For the hurtboxes, I just read the hurtbox data from the moveset. :P
Toomai coded the actual OpenGL hurtbox rendering code though, I just modified it a bit.

Quote from: Ms Spinda on December 16, 2011, 06:20:51 PM
ignored -.-
EDIT: Im still having a major problem with just trying to get a clean zerosuit model to go in and imediately out of 3DS Max. Without making any changes, I still cant get it into brawlbox without it crashing - using all te appropriate settings. Furthermore, when trying to take an imported model and putting it over a brawl characters bones, the rotation in brawlbox is always 45 degrees or more off and messes up all the rigging


A lot of people get ignored on this thread.
It's really not a good place to ask questions that aren't directly related to Brawlbox.

Btw, I finished the hurtbox editor and SSE/Main attributes viewer. Here's what I did as a test:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


When you select a hurtbox, it turns green so you know which one you're editing. High hurtboxes are light yellow, middle hurtboxes are plain yellow, and low hurtboxes are dark yellow.

It's not saveable yet though. :(

Now my focus is the code editor and the real-time VIS0 editor. :O

Quote from: Xiggah on December 15, 2011, 08:39:03 PM
Yo BJ, I'm halfway done writing a maxscript to export keyframes from 3ds max into a CHR0 file. Is that something useful relating to Brawlbox?

does this mean, that if i download X animation, import it to 3ds max, i can export it to be chr0??


This is just plain awesome :af2:
3DS FC: 5370-0958-4818
Wii U NNID: Doraleus

Quote from: jokekid on December 17, 2011, 01:39:40 AM
does this mean, that if i download X animation, import it to 3ds max, i can export it to be chr0??

Pretty much. I'm still planning with others I should best write this program (for a rig rather than a plain bone setup) so I'm not sure how far I'll take it. It might have support for interpolation (the keyframes not in yellow) or not, and the exporter could export in CHR0, raw bone data, or simply left as a .txt file for my own personal macro to put in Brawl for me. But that would be selfish....

@BJ:
I see... That's good to know...

And I thought you'd've went with Melee's hitbox style...
Yellow - active
Green - recovery
Magenta - dodge
Red - attack


[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

fogot to mention to lighten the selected box :P

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on December 17, 2011, 12:08:21 PM
@BJ:
I see... That's good to know...

And I thought you'd've went with Melee's hitbox style...
Yellow - active
Green - recovery
Magenta - dodge
Red - attack



I thought they went like this:

Yellow = Active Hurtboxes
Blue = Intangible
Red = Offensive/Special Offensive Collision
White = Inert/Uninteractive Collision
Magenta = Grab Collisions
Green = Invincible

BTW, did you know some characters have RE3D in their ef__.pac files?
I`d imagine those being important for sword glows.