Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Tcll on December 29, 2011, 08:15:02 PM
actyally BJ...
Kryal didn't know what to call the nodes.
again... he's a dummy *tries to be nice*

you're just calling the objects 'polygons' because you're lazy with that stuff... :P

btw, that last 'srs' in my last post,
should've been that one face you always use...
(sunglasses)
what do you type to get that?? :/

http://i.imgur.com/sGBOR.png

put it in img tags

Quote from: Tcll on December 29, 2011, 08:15:02 PM
actyally BJ...
Kryal didn't know what to call the nodes.
again... he's a dummy *tries to be nice*

you're just calling the objects 'polygons' because you're lazy with that stuff... :P

btw, that last 'srs' in my last post,
should've been that one face you always use...
(sunglasses)
what do you type to get that?? :/
:srs:

to me, i think BJ is like more smarter than Kyral... even tho their both very smart ppl :af2:
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

December 29, 2011, 08:28:07 PM #7757 Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 08:33:27 PM by Tcll
Quote from: DSX8 Fi on December 29, 2011, 08:18:07 PM
:srs:

to me, i think BJ is like more smarter than Kyral... even tho their both very smart ppl :af2:
oh I wasn't saying Kryal wasn't smart...
he developed Brbx :srs:


it's just I know the terms used in 3D programming and game development where as Kryal seems to be quite a noob at the area...
honestly, I think he built brbx the same way I built UMC
(stole codes off the net and made them fit together) :P

BJ is indeed way smarter than Kryal.
although he's just lazy with corrections unless his needs call for them...
(kinda similar to me) >_>

anyways...
blah...

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

December 29, 2011, 09:26:25 PM #7758 Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 09:30:43 PM by ds22
Tcll, we get that you think Kryal was an idiot, but could you please just shut up about it?
It's starting to get bloody annoying.


December 29, 2011, 09:50:11 PM #7759 Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 09:51:55 PM by Tcll
Quote from: ds22 on December 29, 2011, 09:26:25 PM
Tcll, we get that you think Kryal was an idiot, but could you please just shut up about it?
It's starting to get bloody annoying.


yea yea...
sry bout that...
I really wasn't intending to turn this into something big >_>

the ONLY thing I really wanted to get across was BJ's mistake...

just to stop people from mis-pronouncing the 3D terms...

EDIT:
uugh... not mis-pronounce DX
you know what I mean :S

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Gah, knowing the official terms doesn't make a person any smarter or dumber. It only means that you'll have an easier time relating the same idea to someone else. Objects and Polygons, Nodes and Display Lists, they're just different words describing the same thing. LANGUAGE PAINS.

Can we drop this discussion and continue asking BJ about progress?
3DS FC: 5370-0958-4818
Wii U NNID: Doraleus

thanx SG

btw, I'm not going to be posting here too much anymore as I'm moving back to SmashBoards

I'll still check up on here though, and answer anything I need to ;)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on December 30, 2011, 03:11:40 AM
thanx SG

btw, I'm not going to be posting here too much anymore as I'm moving back to SmashBoards

I'll still check up on here though, and answer anything I need to ;)

What goes on at the Smashboards nowadays? Do they still have some of the hacking scene, or is it all at Brawlvault nowadays?

I gave tristripping a shot myself, but it's a lot harder to do than I thought it would be.
I'm working on building this into Brawlbox atm:
http://www.plunk.org/~grantham/public/actc/

Quote from: Xiggah on December 30, 2011, 04:36:21 AM
What goes on at the Smashboards nowadays? Do they still have some of the hacking scene, or is it all at Brawlvault nowadays?
I was under the impression nothing went on at Smashboards, unless KC-MM is down at the time.

I just love the SRT0, PAT0 and EFLS <3

great work bj96 :]
Stupid Tinypic :C

December 30, 2011, 01:21:32 PM #7767 Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 10:36:07 PM by Tcll
Quote from: Xiggah on December 30, 2011, 04:36:21 AM
What goes on at the Smashboards nowadays? Do they still have some of the hacking scene, or is it all at Brawlvault nowadays?
eh... most of the hackers there are programmers...
but there's not too much Brawl related activity there now >_>
(most of it is wii-general)

the melee hacking community hasn't changed though <_<


@BJ
epic find BJ :D
just the stuff I was having trouble with in my last version ^_^

EDIT:
on a side-note...
those of you who've liked my MDL0 template are going to like it even more now ;)

I've went through and named everything accordingly,
so now everything is consistent and follows the same format :)

I've organized alot of the data and restructured it so it's not all over the place now >_>

the only thing I did to improve template loading speed (in design mode)
is remove XF testing from the facepoint structure
(it relies purely on the CP attributes now)

doing this resulted in a 2x speedup for objects ;)

I'll UL the template once I'm able to.
(hopefully tomorrow)

EDIT2:
hey BJ...
how does brbx access the data below the material header??
would that be the Part4 offset??

I can't seem to find the code that displays that particular info in brbx >_>
(is it in 'brlib/SSBB/Types/'??)

EDIT3:
NVM... I figured most of it out... :)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

are melee character models easy to import? I want melee bowser and all his team colors <3

December 31, 2011, 04:56:55 AM #7769 Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 05:00:27 AM by Tcll
I'm getting my template ready for uploading tomorrow...

BJ... DL MY TEMPLATE :srs:

I've done enough to this thing to basically say I've restarted on it...

Quote from: namq on December 31, 2011, 04:27:13 AM
are melee character models easy to import? I want melee bowser and all his team colors &lt;3
*sigh*
I'm afraid not sadly... -_-*

I'm working on it though...
you should be able to import melee models upon first release of UMC 3x...
(if I can have MDL0 exporting working as it should)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.